Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 8:29 am

Two florida parents are pressing charges after there daughter is accused of trying to hire someone to kill them.

Alyssa Michelle Hatcher is accused of stealing nearly $1,500 from her parents bank account while trying to carry out her murder for hire plot.
When interviewed by an investigator at her home,Hatcher said that in addition to trying to kill her parent,she also spent money on cocaine

Full story on CNN

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 8:32 am

When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 8:46 am

Fnord wrote:
When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 8:49 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see
Grand theft, possession of a controlled substance, and conspiracy to commit murder... that may not be enough to try her as an adult. Not sure, but I think that a violent crime has to actually be committed for that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 8:53 am

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Grand theft, possession of a controlled substance, and conspiracy to commit murder... that may not be enough to try her as an adult. Not sure, but I think that a violent crime has to actually be committed for that.
I think her parents input will have an impact on the DA's final decision,she is lucky her plan failed or she'd really have a problem

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 9:07 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I think her parents input will have an impact on the DA's final decision, she is lucky her plan failed or she'd really have a problem...
... as if loss of freedom, reduced chances of being accepted to college, and being denied gainful employment for the rest of her life weren't enough problems...

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 9:39 am

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I think her parents input will have an impact on the DA's final decision, she is lucky her plan failed or she'd really have a problem...
... as if loss of freedom, reduced chances of being accepted to college, and being denied gainful employment for the rest of her life weren't enough problems...
By a big problem I meant a life sentence,but yea I get what your saying

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 10:24 am

A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work.

She gets either a rock or a hard place.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work.

She's screwed

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 3:56 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work. She gets either a rock or a hard place.
She's screwed
She screwed herself.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 4:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work. She gets either a rock or a hard place.
She's screwed
She screwed herself.
That generaly happens when you try to kill your parents.
Its rare a parent can say there happy they have a dumb kid,but imagine if these parents had a smarter kid.She might have had a more clever plan that might have worked.So thank god some kids are just dumb

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 5:37 pm

Fnord wrote:

That’s my life.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm

I wonder what her motive was.

Her stepfather is a lieutenant with the Clermont Police Department, about an hour south of their hometown Umatilla, FL

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 10:16 pm

I have zero sympathy (what's new, right?).

If kids knew how 'not fun' it can sometimes be to be a parent, but they don't. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it can be very rewarding. I loved when my kids were small, or when I could help them with school projects, etc... But, once they reach a certain age (like 12), it's not always a good time.

I knew my mom was not thrilled, so I considered everyday I survived as a gift. But these little s**ts must think they are a day at the beach. It doesn't help that places like California are hamstringing teachers from even suspending them. I can and do encourage my granddaughter to talk to me, if she has a problem. But, I have no intention of being an emotional or physical punching bag.

I hope this kid is tried as an adult.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2019, 11:41 pm

EzraS wrote:
I wonder what her motive was.

Her stepfather is a lieutenant with the Clermont Police Department, about an hour south of their hometown Umatilla, FL
I dont know for sure and the article didn't say,but I suspect her parents had a problem with her boyfriend.Thats my best guess as to her motive

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2019, 12:05 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I have zero sympathy (what's new, right?).

If kids knew how 'not fun' it can sometimes be to be a parent, but they don't. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it can be very rewarding. I loved when my kids were small, or when I could help them with school projects, etc... But, once they reach a certain age (like 12), it's not always a good time.

I knew my mom was not thrilled, so I considered everyday I survived as a gift. But these little s**ts must think they are a day at the beach. It doesn't help that places like California are hamstringing teachers from even suspending them. I can and do encourage my granddaughter to talk to me, if she has a problem. But, I have no intention of being an emotional or physical punching bag.

I hope this kid is tried as an adult.

Agreed.