Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 8:29 am

Two florida parents are pressing charges after there daughter is accused of trying to hire someone to kill them.

Alyssa Michelle Hatcher is accused of stealing nearly $1,500 from her parents bank account while trying to carry out her murder for hire plot.
When interviewed by an investigator at her home,Hatcher said that in addition to trying to kill her parent,she also spent money on cocaine

Full story on CNN


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,058
Location: Stendec

11 Sep 2019, 8:32 am

When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.


_________________
"I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Donald Cobain (1967 – 1994)


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 8:46 am

Fnord wrote:
When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,058
Location: Stendec

11 Sep 2019, 8:49 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see
Grand theft, possession of a controlled substance, and conspiracy to commit murder... that may not be enough to try her as an adult. Not sure, but I think that a violent crime has to actually be committed for that.


_________________
"I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Donald Cobain (1967 – 1994)


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 8:53 am

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see
Grand theft, possession of a controlled substance, and conspiracy to commit murder... that may not be enough to try her as an adult. Not sure, but I think that a violent crime has to actually be committed for that.
I think her parents input will have an impact on the DA's final decision,she is lucky her plan failed or she'd really have a problem


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,058
Location: Stendec

11 Sep 2019, 9:07 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see
Grand theft, possession of a controlled substance, and conspiracy to commit murder... that may not be enough to try her as an adult. Not sure, but I think that a violent crime has to actually be committed for that.
I think her parents input will have an impact on the DA's final decision, she is lucky her plan failed or she'd really have a problem...
... as if loss of freedom, reduced chances of being accepted to college, and being denied gainful employment for the rest of her life weren't enough problems...


_________________
"I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Donald Cobain (1967 – 1994)


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 9:39 am

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
When she gets out of juvie hall, don't expect her parents to be waiting outside the gate.
She's lucky she's being tried as a juvinile,I was suprised when I read that.I thought she'd be tried as an adult.Or maybe she still will,if I recall the article only said she was being held in juvie,we will see
Grand theft, possession of a controlled substance, and conspiracy to commit murder... that may not be enough to try her as an adult. Not sure, but I think that a violent crime has to actually be committed for that.
I think her parents input will have an impact on the DA's final decision, she is lucky her plan failed or she'd really have a problem...
... as if loss of freedom, reduced chances of being accepted to college, and being denied gainful employment for the rest of her life weren't enough problems...
By a big problem I meant a life sentence,but yea I get what your saying


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,058
Location: Stendec

11 Sep 2019, 10:24 am

A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work.

She gets either a rock or a hard place.


_________________
"I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Donald Cobain (1967 – 1994)


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 12:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work.

She gets either a rock or a hard place.
She's screwed


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 39,058
Location: Stendec

11 Sep 2019, 3:56 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work. She gets either a rock or a hard place.
She's screwed
She screwed herself.


_________________
"I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."
-- Kurt Donald Cobain (1967 – 1994)


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 4:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work. She gets either a rock or a hard place.
She's screwed
She screwed herself.
That generaly happens when you try to kill your parents.
Its rare a parent can say there happy they have a dumb kid,but imagine if these parents had a smarter kid.She might have had a more clever plan that might have worked.So thank god some kids are just dumb


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,517
Location: US

11 Sep 2019, 5:37 pm

Fnord wrote:
A life sentence behind bars, or a life sentence working part-time for low pay doing menial work.

She gets either a rock or a hard place.

That’s my life.


_________________
TRUMP 2020!!


EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2013
Age: 2000
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,430
Location: USA

11 Sep 2019, 6:13 pm

I wonder what her motive was.

Her stepfather is a lieutenant with the Clermont Police Department, about an hour south of their hometown Umatilla, FL



Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2019
Age: 51
Gender: Female
Posts: 679
Location: Everville

11 Sep 2019, 10:16 pm

I have zero sympathy (what's new, right?).

If kids knew how 'not fun' it can sometimes be to be a parent, but they don't. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it can be very rewarding. I loved when my kids were small, or when I could help them with school projects, etc... But, once they reach a certain age (like 12), it's not always a good time.

I knew my mom was not thrilled, so I considered everyday I survived as a gift. But these little shits must think they are a day at the beach. It doesn't help that places like California are hamstringing teachers from even suspending them. I can and do encourage my granddaughter to talk to me, if she has a problem. But, I have no intention of being an emotional or physical punching bag.

I hope this kid is tried as an adult.


_________________
' You only see what you know. ' ~ Goethe


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,676
Location: The Berkshires

11 Sep 2019, 11:41 pm

EzraS wrote:
I wonder what her motive was.

Her stepfather is a lieutenant with the Clermont Police Department, about an hour south of their hometown Umatilla, FL
I dont know for sure and the article didn't say,but I suspect her parents had a problem with her boyfriend.Thats my best guess as to her motive


_________________
Idiotic savantism forever