Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2019, 1:48 pm

There Are Four Lights!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 6:39 pm

He was old enough to know better in two of the circumstances. In high school, he probably didn't know any better when he did the talent show. I still think it was pretty racist. I wish that he came clean about it during the last election in 2015. I didn't vote for him, anyways.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 7:50 pm

At least we can have a second, distinctively attired, character for SNL.

In real life Russia and Canada may soon get into some serious issues over who owns the thawing Arctic Ocean.

So they could do sketches with the shirtless and half naked Putin confronting a White guy dressed like Hajee in Johnny Quest (brown face, and in a cliché Hollywood turban).

Both get confronted by Alec Baldwin after Baldwin's character buys Greenland.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 22 Sep 2019, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 7:59 pm

I get it, Don Dump isn't racist, sexist, or stupid at all. He is freakin' perfect. But our prime minister did something in the past that would offend SJW Muricans today, and suddenly Canada is the Great Racist *White* North. :roll:

Humans make me sick. Please do not breathe on me, I do not wish to catch your stupidity germs.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 8:08 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I get it, Don Dump isn't racist, sexist, or stupid at all. He is freakin' perfect. But our prime minister did something in the past that would offend SJW Muricans today, and suddenly Canada is the Great Racist *White* North. :roll:

That is the way confirmation bias works.
Cyclopsism is a major problem in the hooman species.

Some people simply can't maintain an objective mindset if their life depends on it.
What cha gunna do? <shrug>

lostonearth35 wrote:
Humans make me sick. Please do not breathe on me, I do not wish to catch your stupidity germs.

You and me both, sister.
Hoomans. :eew:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 1:46 am

I found his apology-nonapology pretty funny.

"I did something bad well beyond an age where I should have known better? Yes, we as a nation still have a lot of work ahead of us..."

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 4:59 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:

I'm sure Trump could pardon him, it would be the decent thing to do.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 5:04 pm

If everyone pretty much has seen and continues to see Justin Trudeau as almost the sole beacon of European-style decency in the northern part of the western hemisphere this might be a *really* good time to figure out that redemption process, ie. what kind of apology is actually appropriate for genuine forgiveness to occur rather than people being permanently stripped of career and whatever else for things they did 20+ years ago.

Oh yeah and.... it should apply equally to people you personally dislike or disagree with *if* they're in the same spot of historical muck-raking rather than currently espousing racist propaganda.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 12:28 am

The entire world probably thinks that all of us Canadians have a hobby of doing Blackface in our free time.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 1:07 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
The entire world probably thinks that all of us Canadians have a hobby of doing Blackface in our free time.

"Schultz".
A very Canadian name indeed. :mrgreen:

I chalk it up to a cultural misunderstanding.
I am not a fan of his, btw.
He is ridiculously and embarrassingly politically correct, but I am not a partisan conservative and find "truth" and rationality more relevant than political mud-slinging.

How infantile to take the position: I don't like him so I will find any opportunity to slag him. :roll:
What, is this kindergarten? 8O

Hoomans.
<Phffft> :mrgreen:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 3:17 am

A minor point, but why did he even bother blacking up that much If he was supposed to dress up as Aladdin? Aladdin was a Chinese guy featured in an Arabic tale.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 3:46 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
He was old enough to know better in two of the circumstances. In high school, he probably didn't know any better when he did the talent show. I still think it was pretty racist. I wish that he came clean about it during the last election in 2015. I didn't vote for him, anyways.

Well... to paraphrase our own (totally NON racist, of course) president:

We all KNOW...that you Canadians are all a bunch blackface painting racists!

Except...a SOME Canadians, who I am sure, are decent people! :lol:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 8:37 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
A minor point, but why did he even bother blacking up that much If he was supposed to dress up as Aladdin? Aladdin was a Chinese guy featured in an Arabic tale.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good blackface story, dude. :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 7:57 pm

Oh for god's sake -- here's another new video of Trudeau in blackface and afro wig sticking his tongue out:

https://twitter.com/heckyessica/status/ ... 2785806341

Maybe someone will get an embeddable version.

What an idiot this guy is.

There Are Four Lights!