Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 2:45 pm

The elephant in the room

https://www.ukcolumn.org/article/eu-def ... commission

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 3:22 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
All for the stupidity of nationalism.

Try to just listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.

Maybe you should listen to people whose interests go beyond nationalism.

I do listen to people I disagree with.

The kind of nationalism I support is the right to self determination, true democracy and the right not to be controlled by a foreign power.

Where as you support the Nazi style nationalism of the US going round the world bombing people and controlling their land and resources.

BS. BREXIT is all about xenophobia against foreigners coming to Britain. It's supporters wanted to stop the "browning of Britain," though the only foreigners who'll be stopped from coming are Poles and other white eastern Europeans. All that xenophobia comes from the ugliest impulses of nationalism.
When have I ever promoted Nazism?
The dissolution of the EU would only benefit Putin. Then again, you're a big fan of his.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 4:54 pm

I'm not sure where you get this tripe from but it's embarrassing ignorance. The anti EU movement pretty much started with the left wing Labour party.
Again with the obsession of colour to disguise the racist and murderous policies you support of US imperialism. You don't understand the immigration policies or freedom of movement and I don't have time to waste correcting you.
Again with your xenophobic garbage fantasy conspiracy theories about Russia.
It would actually benefit the US more than anyone.
And AGAIN you missed the point. US imperialism is a Nazi like foreign policy and you support it.
Seriously stop wasting my time!

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 5:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

what? that you're reading conspiracy theorist's news?

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 5:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
All for the stupidity of nationalism.

Try to just listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.

Maybe you should listen to people whose interests go beyond nationalism.

I do listen to people I disagree with.

The kind of nationalism I support is the right to self determination, true democracy and the right not to be controlled by a foreign power.

Where as you support the Nazi style nationalism of the US going round the world bombing people and controlling their land and resources.

BS. BREXIT is all about xenophobia against foreigners coming to Britain. It's supporters wanted to stop the "browning of Britain," though the only foreigners who'll be stopped from coming are Poles and other white eastern Europeans. All that xenophobia comes from the ugliest impulses of nationalism.
The dissolution of the EU would only benefit Putin. Then again, you're a big fan of his.

That's not entirely true, though. Sure, xenophobia is a part of it, but it's also true that austerity has had devastating effects on Britain. And of course, one of the most improtant points: it was a vote against David Cameron. And who could blame people for voting against David Cameron?
Then there's the massive blame-game, according to which fishermen along the coast weren't allowed to catch any more fish because of the EU - here it gets complicated, but eventually, the national quotas in Britain are distrbuted i na way that hands over almost all the allowance to large corporations....
Then there's lefties, who thought Brexit would allow them to re-nationalize certain thins, like the railroad. Or have communally owned energy-grids/supply. I mean... Britain has a chinese owned nuclear power plant. That sounds worrying, geopolitically speaking.
(I have a friend who voted for Brexit because she thought it was necessary to "take back control" - when I told her of German villages owning their own grid and solar-panel farms she was a bit confused. I think this vote was taken on a base of massive lack of information for everyone).

there's loads of reasons for brexit, not all of them are legitimate, and xenophobia is one part of it all.

flownawy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Sep 2019, 6:10 pm

The reason is that Britain was always been an island for the people who can't live in society's is that it is genetical formed by people in the viking area who were kicked out of their villages for their bad behaviour or dumbness.

The smartest of them going to America later than, forming a country which is now know to be the racist, dumbest and with most violent random gun kills on schools and publicity.

The last voting was just to show the world that they are still dumb and think that they are the greatest dumbs in the world, cause they once slaved a bigger country India.

But in my opinion it is just the first step to bring the country to the 22. century and introduce the Orwellsh century, which will begin 2023. The EU has too much regularity which they don't care about, so they left.
Possibly the next country on the list is France, which is for about 4-5 years already in state of emergency.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 6:28 pm

I think that Britain has hit an all time low when they came up with Brexit. I think there's some xenophobia along with some racism. There was a time that I was also an anglophile. That was before Brexit progressed as far as it did. My true colours started to show because of it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 8:26 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
I'm not sure where you get this tripe from but it's embarrassing ignorance. The anti EU movement pretty much started with the left wing Labour party.
Again with the obsession of colour to disguise the racist and murderous policies you support of US imperialism. You don't understand the immigration policies or freedom of movement and I don't have time to waste correcting you.
And AGAIN you missed the point. US imperialism is a Nazi like foreign policy and you support it.

Then stop posting insane things that are entirely divorced from fact and reality.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 8:30 pm

Post-vote surveys showed the biggest correlation as …

"economic struggle" correlated with wanting OUT.
"economic success" correlated with wanting to STAY IN.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 8:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Brexit voters are not thick, not racist: just poor
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/bre ... just-poor/

79 per cent of local authorities average house prices of less than £282,000 voted Leave
77 per cent of local authorities in which lots of people earn a low wage (of less than £23,000) voted Leave
83 per cent of authorities in which lots of people have "low education levels" voted Leave

out of 50 areas of Britain that have the highest number of people in social classes D and E — semi-skilled and unskilled workers and unemployed people — only three voted Remain.

That's 47/50 areas of lower wage workers voted to LEAVE.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 9:04 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Brexit voters are not thick, not racist: just poor
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/bre ... just-poor/

79 per cent of local authorities average house prices of less than £282,000 voted Leave
77 per cent of local authorities in which lots of people earn a low wage (of less than £23,000) voted Leave
83 per cent of authorities in which lots of people have "low education levels" voted Leave

out of 50 areas of Britain that have the highest number of people in social classes D and E — semi-skilled and unskilled workers and unemployed people — only three voted Remain.

That's 47/50 areas of lower wage workers voted to LEAVE.

And when Britain pulls out of the EU and economic calamity falls over the land, they'll be that much poorer.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 5:02 pm

shlaifu wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

what? that you're reading conspiracy theorist's news?

Are you calling the official EU site conspiracy theorists news? :lol:

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/legislati ... ence-union

The article I posted provides a link from the horse's mouth. What do you think a conspiracy theory is exactly? :lol:

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 5:05 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Then stop posting insane things that are entirely divorced from fact and reality.

Michael Foot was more left wing than you'll ever be and was the leader of the Labour party in the 1980's. Labour's policy was to leave the EU or the Common Market as it was. Because he knew the EU works against working people and for multinational corporations and banks. They have laws AGAINST STATE AID.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 7:22 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Michael Foot was more left wing than you'll ever be and was the leader of the Labour party in the 1980's. Labour's policy was to leave the EU or the Common Market as it was. Because he knew the EU works against working people and for multinational corporations and banks. They have laws AGAINST STATE AID.

I don't pretend to know enough about the politics on your island country to comment, as I'm a citizen of a super power, and have bigger concerns.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 11:58 pm

:roll: the EU is a superpower.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 12:09 am

JohnPowell wrote:
:roll: the EU is a superpower.

Which your leadership is trying to exit.