Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

22 Sep 2019, 1:10 pm

What are your thoughts?

It's a land-mine and I think that's the point, ie. people are left to pick about the edges of the statement for whatever interpretation they can make when the person who posted it is completely unknown. Not quite sure if this is genius in the slight-of-hand sense or genius in the sense of forcing people to contemplate differences that they believed have been papered only rather than adequately addressed. Either way I'm thinking there'll be a sort of unpaid but reputational 'Year 20XX Cultural Logic Bomb Award' for people who can come up with these sorts koans from time to time, ie. clearly no sign that they'll be going away and the public immune system has to be able to sort out its reactions to them.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 1:15 pm

That’s an insult to Zen koans everywhere. Someone on line and seemingly from this “#ChurchOfWoke” recently threatened to round up his gang and beat me up for not agreeing 100% with what he was saying.

What a shame that he feels the need to get help to physically attack me.

“I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis.”

— Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock, in the Star Trek
episode "The Mark of Gideon" (ep. 3-16, 1969)

domineekee
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 1:38 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
What are your thoughts?

An exercise in creative trolling. Unnecessary meddling, with unknown consequences.

I'm more concerned with side stepping the issues being debated than joining in. I don't get a good vibe from any of these videos.

If I saw one of those posters on the street I'd see as a sign that we are living in dark times, with too many people f*****g with each other's heads.

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

22 Sep 2019, 1:54 pm

domineekee wrote:
If I saw one of those posters on the street I'd see as a sign that we are living in dark times, with too many people f*****g with each other's heads.

I think that's undeniable.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privelege of owning yourself" - Rudyard Kipling

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 4:57 pm

We've seen before though what happens when push comes to shove between Muslims and women. Muslims get favoured as they're higher up the progressive stack. It's the reason intersectional feminists and Islamists can have the unholy alliance they do as the feminists will give way to the Islamists, in the extreme to the point where they can be raped and not report the rape. Islam doesn't have to change and the alliance is advantageous to it.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm

Drake wrote:
We've seen before though what happens when push comes to shove between Muslims and women. Muslims get favoured as they're higher up the progressive stack. It's the reason intersectional feminists and Islamists can have the unholy alliance they do as the feminists will give way to the Islamists, in the extreme to the point where they can be raped and not report the rape. Islam doesn't have to change and the alliance is advantageous to it.

What do you mean?

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 12:54 am

4chan delivers again...

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2019, 5:38 pm

Generally Speaking, Tribe And Religion Are Synonymous; both bond over binds.
There are Tribes of Light (Hope and Love) And Tribes of Dark (Fear and Hate).
The 'Tween is the Gray Part as is the Human Condition from Black Abyss to Beyond
Rainbow Colors of Imagination
And Creativity More;
Depends on which
Niche a Person wants
to Ride out the Human Condition
in. Freedom of Expression surely doesn't
scare me a bit. i surely avoid the Valleys
of Misery Loves Company by not letting it
Affect or Effect me either in Feelings or Consequences;
Meanwhile, my Popcorn is Generally Free so i always Enjoy Life while
Other folks do their 'things' As Misery Loves Company thru Joy Jumps for only Joy....
'Hope and Love is Right About the Human Condition'; Science Proves this out Best
For Overall Well Being From Head to toe In Mind and Body Balance. Two of the most
Loving Women i've met in Life are both Muslim and adaptable to Changes of Ideology.
The Human Condition of
Love and
Hope
is Correct
about them
no matter Which
Book they Read to put them to 'sleep';
I've Yet to Consume Any Major Religion
That Speaks of Women as Fully Equal With Men in All Spiritual Matters.
Some Women Accept that Just Fine; as Long as they are Happy, there is no Harm.
The United States Allows Different Religious Beliefs as long as no Laws are Broken.
Fear is The greatest Fear itself in most all Misery Loves Company Religious Tribes on and offline.
People thrive off of Fear to Feel anything at all; even Hate, if More Positive Pro-Social Emotions do not exist to motivate
them to move at all in life. 'These Kind' of YouTube Channels Thrive off of the Dark Sentiments of Conflict to even move.
It is better to move than to stagnate and basically die alive; Sadly, for some folks, Fear and Hate is the Part of 'A Pyramid'
They inhabit so far away from a 'Capstone of Hope and Love For all'; Where Neurochemicals and Neurohormones Flow
in Harmony and Peace; Yes, Bliss of Heaven Within Now for Real; if that is not attainable, there is always the alternative
of fear and
hate or
Just plain
Apathy of
Human Rot Alive;
As far as i will see 'Woke'
is When 'Your' 'Christmas Tree'
is all Lit up in Flow Progressively
Increasing Human Potential Far enough
Away from Boredom and Anxiety to find a
Sweet Spot of Always Fulfilling that Human Condition
In Loving Touch With Others for Health and Well Being even more
to Fuel the Entire Process Up instead of Spiraling down, down, down into a Pit of other 'stuff'.
Not Everyone Enjoys that; go Figure; they haven't figured out how to fit their 'camel through an eye of a Needle this way.
It's really not easy as some folks have forecast; but totally Possible for those who arrive and continue to stay.
I will say one thing
for sure; the Internet
Site that Holds 'this Video'
is Wrong about a Best way to approach the Human Condition; Science Proves this with little doubt too.
And it's not likely i would enjoy the Company much with the person who made the 'Troll Signs' but never the
less they wouldn't ruin my Free Popcorn a bit as i would just study them up close afar like a 'Lab Rat' i Master..;)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick