Autistic touchy feely 5 year old punished for sexual harrass

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2019, 7:20 pm

As far as I know the kid has not been arrested. Perhaps people are confusing this horror with the other horror where two 6 year olds were arrested.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Sep 2019, 12:16 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
I am wondering when a new show will be coming out about a new Scared straight: Daycare Edition.

Daycare?! That's too late. We need to set them straight at an earlier age.

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 6:57 am

Redpaws wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
I am wondering when a new show will be coming out about a new Scared straight: Daycare Edition.

Daycare?! That's too late. We need to set them straight at an earlier age.

You are right, we need to have OBGYN doctors do scream therapy right after they finish the ultrasound. Yell words like "you think you got it tough now, wait until you get into the real world!" While the woman is still pregnant.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 12:27 pm

nick007 wrote:
I do think the kid needs to learn about boundaries because if he hugs & kisses the wrong person, he could get physically hurt/beat up. I was hurt & beat up a lot by bullies as early as kindergarten just for being awkward even thou I never touched anyone unless they touched me. I'd imagine that getting beat up a few times would make someone not want to touch others. I'm NOT saying that this kid deserves to be hurt or anything for touching others like that, what I'm saying is that he likely wouldn't keep doing it for too much longer so I don't get why the skewl is acting like he's some predator who should know better before he started skewl. I also think that if he was in a public skewl, the skewl could be trying to push him out cuz the skewl doesn't wanna deal with a kid who has issues like autism. This kid may be much better off at a skewl for special needs kids. I know I did alot better at a skewl for dyslexia than the other skewls I went to.

The kid is 5 and should not have been arrested. Pretty soon we will start arresting 6 year olds for taking a tiny toy from the store. That is the parents job to deal with it. As for the kid hugging, that is something for the parents and teachers to be dealing with.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 8:58 am

An update was added to the original story, changing the picture quite a bit:

Quote:
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — UPDATE (Wednesday, Sept. 25):

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WTVC) — Hamilton County Schools is disputing information shared by family members of an East Ridge Elementary kindergartner, calling it "inaccurate."

The family of 5-year-old Nathan spoke with NewsChannel 9 Monday, saying they were contacted by his teacher after he hugged a classmate, and that a report had been filed with DCS. You can hear more of their concerns in the report below.

In a statement released today, the school district says "at no time did school administration punish the child or treat the incident as a discipline issue," and that the family's comments do not capture "the full context of the concerns expressed to them by the school."

Their full statement reads as follows:

"Hamilton County Schools is committed to the safety and well-being of all students. Our school leaders work to serve our families and meet the needs of our diverse learners. This family's characterization of the incident with their child at East Ridge Elementary does not capture the full context of the concerns expressed to them by the school. It was not a hug or kiss that prompted the school to contact the family. Also, at no time did the school administration punish the child or treat the incident as a discipline issue. Moreover, no one at the school sought to label the child as “a sexual predator.”

Hamilton County Schools is bound by student privacy laws that do not allow us to discuss publicly specific details of what happened in the classroom setting with the child. Of course, at the family's direction and with their written approval, the district would be able to provide to interested parties documentation of the issues the school discussed with them.

The staff at East Ridge Elementary always elects to take action that places the concern for the child as their top priority - which is also required by our district policies and state laws. School leaders are only interested in the well-being of this very young child as he grows and learns with his classmates. The faculty and staff will continue to ensure that this child and every child in our care receives an excellent education in a safe, supportive learning environment."

My guess is that the parents panicked and jumped to some unwarranted conclusions.

Why did the parents panic? According to the earlier report:

Quote:
Tim Hensley, a spokesperson for the Hamilton County Department of Education, released this statement:

"School personnel are required to concerns regarding children to the Department of Child Services (DCS). It's up to DCS to determine if those reports are acted on by DCS and what form those actions may take."

My guess is that the school was just playing it safe in terms of compliance with "mandatory reporter" laws by reporting to DCS, even though no disciplinary action was actually taken either by the school or by DCS.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Sep 2019, 10:04 am

If tt really was not a hug or kiss that prompted the school to contact the family then WTH was :?: The only reason anyone states as to why the parents were notified is by the parents who claim it's because of the child hugging & kissing others. If the parents really were contacted because of some other issue related to the child, they are lying just to make the skewl look bad & the question is why. I'm confused as to what to believe here :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 10:53 am

it's obvious isn't it? the preschool/daycare are using this as a (rather weak) pretext to expel the child for the benefit of their other clients...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 3:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
it's obvious isn't it? the preschool/daycare are using this as a (rather weak) pretext to expel the child for the benefit of their other clients...

Maybe but this is a regular public school not preschool or daycare.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 9:39 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

How is a 5 year old in school? many preschools are part of larger primary schools

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 9:47 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

How is a 5 year old in school? many preschools are part of larger primary schools

Kindergarten starts at age 5.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 10:04 pm

In Australia Kindies are accepting 3yr olds...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2019, 5:31 am

Generally in the U.S. Nursury or Preschools or Pre-K are for 3 and 4 year olds as said Kindergarten is for 5 year olds. Daycare facilities are not schools but glorified baby sitting services.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 5:23 pm

This really needs to be addressed early on... we need re-education facilities for these people playing at operating a school of anykind . Never to be allowed to associate with anyone in a early age bracket.
When the crimes are being committed by those supposably in charge of welfare of our children .
Change needs to be addressed . Aspies are aspies are aspies . Get a life , if this reality eludes people in charge. And good people see crimes and do nothing . Is a serious downfall of society.
Such situations require closer examination . ( of these educators)

where ever you go ,there you are