Page 17 of 18 [ 273 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 5:04 pm

commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
^^ You are trying to argue with an award-winning, industry-published engineer. I won't waste more if my time.

I'm seriously doubting that.

can confirm Dear_one is an award-winning, industry-published engineer ( seen the proof )

Is this a burner account? Seeing you only joined yesterday and this is just the second post you ever made, how exactly do you know him that well? This also seems like a very oddly specific post especially for a second post.

commiserate
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2021, 5:27 pm

Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
^^ You are trying to argue with an award-winning, industry-published engineer. I won't waste more if my time.

can confirm Dear_one is an award-winning, industry-published engineer ( seen the proof )

Is this a burner account? Seeing you only joined yesterday and this is just the second post you ever made, how exactly do you know him that well? This also seems like a very oddly specific post especially for a second post.

its a new account , been a lurker / member for years but lost password. I know about most older members achievements in life

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 5:32 pm

commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

its a new account , been a lurker / member for years but lost password. I know about most older members achievements in life

Lurker and member for years?

I have the sneaking suspicion you're either a current longstanding member who's been instructed by Dear_one to create a new account, a personal friend of Dear_one who's been instructed to make a new account or Dear_one himself.

You're one of the three bust most likely one or three.

commiserate
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2021, 5:54 pm

Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

I have the sneaking suspicion you're either a current longstanding member who's been instructed by Dear_one to create a new account, a personal friend of Dear_one who's been instructed to make a new account or Dear_one himself.

I could link you to evidence but can't post links and don't want to reveal Dear_one identity but if you read his posts you can easily deduce his identity and achievements ( then again if you think I am him , maybe not lol ).

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 5:59 pm

commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

I could link you to evidence but can't post links and don't want to reveal Dear_one identity but if you read his posts you can easily deduce his identity and achievements ( then again if you think I am him , maybe not lol ).

Assuming you're not Dear_one, what member are you exactly? Deciding to join after years of lurking at this specific time and zeroing in on my post almost immediately after joining strongly implies you speak to Dear_one on a regular basis and he instructed you to do so. There is no way you lurked for years and somehow got so offended you decided to create an account for the sole purpose of responding to me after all that time of doing nothing.

Assuming you are Dear_one, what on earth was the point of creating a new account?

commiserate
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2021, 6:16 pm

Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

Assuming you're not Dear_one, what member are you exactly? Deciding to join after years of lurking at this specific time and zeroing in on my post almost immediately after joining strongly implies you speak to Dear_one on a regular basis and he instructed you to do so. There is no way you lurked for years and somehow got so offended you decided to create an account for the sole purpose of responding to me after all that time of doing nothing.

Assuming you are Dear_one, what on earth was the point of creating a new account?

You have made up your mind now so nothing I am likely to say is going to change your view of who I am.

I'd rather not reveal my old account , I didn't post much anyway. I have read WP without logging in for a while now but noticed a member had died so wanted to post my condolences. I don't believe I have ever spoken to Dear_one , nothing of anything noteworthy anyway. I am not offended , far from it , just wanted to set you straight on his credentials - no more. Needless to say his bike was famous in the HPV community.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2021, 6:19 pm

commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

You have made up your mind now so nothing I am likely to say is going to change your view of who I am.

I'd rather not reveal my old account , I didn't post much anyway. I have read WP without logging in for a while now but noticed a member had died so wanted to post my condolences. I don't believe I have ever spoken to Dear_one , nothing of anything noteworthy anyway. I am not offended , far from it , just wanted to set you straight on his credentials - no more. Needless to say his bike was famous in the HPV community.

Then how do you know if you never spoke to him much?

commiserate
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jan 2021, 6:30 pm

Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

I have a good memory , I have shared pleasantries with members but substance in my posts was not my forte

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2021, 4:59 am

commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
commiserate wrote:
Nades wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

I have a good memory , I have shared pleasantries with members but substance in my posts was not my forte

OK fair enough. My mistake.

NaturalEntity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2021, 4:37 pm

As an autistic person. it's great to see people like Greta taking a stand. I listened to one of her TED talks in an English GCSE lesson once (unrelated to work, Sir just decided to break the mould for a day). I have hyperempathy and hyperempathy + audience + Greta's words = going from 1 to 100 in the middle of class and trying to get everyone to do a standing ovation. (It sadly didn't work.)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 9:23 am

a Fox guest claims that Greta Thunberg only talks about climate change “because she has autism”

Quote:
LUKE ROSIAK (THE DAILY WIRE): But the thing we all care about is making sure our kids are happy. And I think about someone like Greta Thunberg. Right? Greta Thunberg is not a happy girl.

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): No, obviously.

ROSIAK: We should not want more Greta Thunbergs.

CARLSON: No.

ROSIAK: And there are activists out there who want your children to be unhappy because it helps them. And this is a girl who is – she has Asperger's Syndrome, I mean she takes things literally. They know that. And she watched at her school, she was in Sweden, right, so they have unions everywhere there. So the teachers decide to stop going to work on Mondays and Fridays because it was like – they're lazy. And so they start showing movies and that's where Greta Thunberg sees this movie that says the world is going to end in 10 years.

And because she has autism she thinks the world is actually going to end in 10 years. And so she becomes deeply unhappy and lets out this howl that lasts for 40 minutes, and the teachers' unions love it, because they can use her. And they actually give her an award, student of the year, to Greta Thunberg because she's so unhappy. We don't want more Greta Thunbergs. We don't want kids who are [unintelligible] –

CARLSON: Is that a true story?

ROSIAK: It is.

The remarks by The Daily Wire's Luke Rosiak to Fox host Tucker Carlson on Carlson's Fox Nation show mirror remarks made on Fox News by The Daily Wire's Michael Knowles in 2019.

When Knowles, during an appearance on Fox program The Story, referred to climate activist Greta Thunberg as a “mentally ill Swedish child,” Fox issued a statement calling the remarks “disgraceful” and while also issuing an apology to Thunberg and to its viewers

While Fox News said it had no plans to host Knowles again, Carlson would host him in July, 2021.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 4:11 am

I don't know the detail of her campaigning and her message (aside from just knowing it's about the environment), but to me she is a youngster with a real passion for something that seems to connect with others.

The fact the establishment and the media seem out to get her only makes me root for her more.

ExcelsiorMom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2022, 8:35 am

I do not know Greta personally nor do I want to, so I cannot say anything about her personal life.

Though it is hilarious that huge climate activists fly their own private charters to these convention, hundreds of planes burning fuel to then say "Don't burn fuel!" to fly back home. It reeks of publicity stunts and self-back pats, nothing more.

Now, do I think waste should be reduce? Absolutely, there should be incremental moves to make it feasible over time. I also think there should be technology developed to be able to drill as safely as we can. Companies who go to different companies with lax restrictions on pollution is also a huge issue. Though I do not think places such as China will listen to Greta Thunberg.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2022, 12:27 pm

ExcelsiorMom wrote:
I do not know Greta personally nor do I want to, so I cannot say anything about her personal life.

Though it is hilarious that huge climate activists fly their own private charters to these convention, hundreds of planes burning fuel to then say "Don't burn fuel!" to fly back home. It reeks of publicity stunts and self-back pats, nothing more.

Now, do I think waste should be reduce? Absolutely, there should be incremental moves to make it feasible over time. I also think there should be technology developed to be able to drill as safely as we can. Companies who go to different companies with lax restrictions on pollution is also a huge issue. Though I do not think places such as China will listen to Greta Thunberg.

Most people familiar with Thunberg know that she won't travel by air for any reason. When she visited North America she travelled on a sailboat. I would be scared s**tless to cross the North Atlantic on that thing. She went both ways.

As for China, don't assume they are oblivious to what's happening. As a consensus-based society, their decision making process is not on public display, but they know.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 8:55 pm

Tucker Carlson laughs hysterically at ‘fake poet’ Amanda Gorman, mocks Greta Thunberg’s disability

Quote:
Tucker Carlson gave off what has now become his trademark high-pitched laugh as he ridiculed poet Amanda Gorman on his programme and mocked Greta Thunberg over her disability.

The Fox News prime-time host derided Democrats and corporate media on Wednesday night for using “disabled” and “incompetent” people for their own political “advantage”.

Carlson said climate activist Ms Thunberg is being exploited by politicians and media houses as he slammed climate and energy policies as “lunatic policy”.

“Does the name Greta Thunberg come to mind? That’s the girl who is always lecturing you about global warming and how you are evil,” he said in his monologue.

“Greta Thunberg is someone who needed help and concern from adults. At the age of 11, she lost 22 pounds because, according to her parents, she was so depressed about global warming that she couldn’t eat and then she was diagnosed with a whole suite of very serious problems: OCD, mutism, Asperger’s, very, very sad, actually.”

Carlson called it “crazy” that Ms Thunberg was “lecturing” people on energy policy and said she was someone who needs “real help and care and empathy” from adults and family.

“You’re supposed to accommodate Greta Thunberg’s disability, pretend her words are profound, just like the fake poet at Biden’s inauguration. "

He went on to attack Ms Thunberg again, saying she was “living in hell” and “suffering” like most “emotionally unbalanced children” as he slammed people for not supporting her through her issues.

“You did nothing to support her, to love her, to cure for serious mental illness. No, you used her to take more power and if anyone says anything about it, if you think children shouldn’t go on television to talk about climate policy and energy, then you’re a bigot. You hate children. You hate Greta Thunberg,” he said

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2022, 11:31 pm

Tucker has what the old radio enthusiasts called "a short between the earphones."