People who 'don't like' new music...

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 12:58 am

Get off the damn radio....there is lots of good new music its just not being broadcasted. Seriously I bet if I was using the radio as my reference point I would hate new music to. But it is just sad to me some people submit to the idea there is no good new music .....when there is all kinds of stuff out there. I mean you seriously just have to dig a little bit and there is new music that is amazing.

I mean I enjoy the genre power metal, and it may not be everyones cup of tea(I like it because a lot of it kinda sounds like classical music being played on rock instruments complete with lyrics I mean its like the best of metal and classical music combined) but there have been a bunch of fairly recent releases and some really good stuff in my opinion. I am sure in other genres there have been good releases as well. So IDK what the point of this is, I guess its just weird to hear people say there is no good new music....when there is and you just have to find it. Like there is tons of music being created all over, I have even found a youtube video that combined mongolian throat singing with bagpipes and drums and it was really cool. But the point is there is awesome music being created even right now...so I wish people wouldn't limit themselves to whats playing on the top 20 hits radio.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 10:26 am

Not to mention a lot of artists from the 60s, 70s, and 80s are continuing to release new music.

#palestinianlivesmatter

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Sep 2019, 6:40 pm

You always have to do a bit of digging for the good music. There's tons of excellent new bands right now.

huescorporation
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2019, 3:11 am

Moi :P :mrgreen: ?

enz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 3:17 am

What ways do you recommend to find good new music?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 4:37 pm

enz wrote:
What ways do you recommend to find good new music?

Spotify is good for that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 5:16 pm

Hues Corporation did “Rock the Boat” in 1974.

CubsBullsBears
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 3:23 am

I’m more of a 70s/80s/90s music kind of guy. A lot of today’s music has a different feel that I don’t enjoy compared to those 30 years. Luckily for me, there are a few classic stations in my hometown, so I’ll listen to those if I must, but I have Apple Music.

Trophonius
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Oct 2019, 12:43 pm

I'm more of a 1550s music kind of guy. A lot of today's music has a different feel, like it has gone astray from God's light and lacks the contrapunctual complexity XV-XVI century music that make us feel closer to God. Luckily for me, there are a few churchs in my hometown, so I'll go there to listen to music if I must, but I have Host Music.

(This is a joke :D )

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 2:06 pm

I'm always looking for new music ... seem to be discovering something new everyday ... 8) Have a huge discography ... love music!

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 2:15 pm

I haven't listened to the radio at all in almost 20 years. I don't own one and I don't use it in the car. I find new music on Spotify, Apple Music and Pitchfork. There's a lot of great music in every decade, if you know how to find it. The only era of music when I was out of the loop was the early 90s grunge scene, because I was busy starting my career.

Donald Morton
Toucan
Toucan

05 Oct 2019, 2:24 pm

It all depends on personal preferences, but there is a lot of very good new music out there if you look for it. I like to check out Indie singer/songwriters, and what is called Americana which sounds more like country music than the stuff coming out of Nashville these days.

Sir Sensealot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2019, 3:58 pm

There will always be musicians that wil make the music they love, without caring to much about commercial potential. I mostly listen to progressive rock. In that genre there still are enough artists and bands that release music that I like. Both established bands like Riverside, Dream Theater and Barock Project, and fairly new ones like Thank You Scientist.

Debbiegirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Oct 2019, 4:10 pm

I listen mostly to the Cure, Steely Dan, Simply Red, etc. But I really enjoy the singer LP, who is new - to me. I like Lady Gaga, as well. It's hard for me to accept new music and the singers/instrumentals have to be very interesting to gain my attention.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2019, 7:53 pm

Rock and pop have gone down hill for sure because the production trends are awful. It effects commercial and non commercial.

FoxesSchmoxes
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2019, 11:25 pm

I adore old music and don't get the thrill of most new music that I've heard...on the radio, friends' playlists, and from various other places. It just doesn't sound....real, I guess. I prefer more acoustic styles (especially vocal styles. I can't stand robotic-sounding vocal styles). But that's just me. No offense to anyone who loves newer music. :)

"For what profit is a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?" Luke 9:23-26