Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Amandalynp
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2019
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 14
Location: Kansas

03 Oct 2019, 10:17 pm

Hi everyone! I've been directed to this site many times while researching so I finally thought it was about time I made an account and joined the community. I'm a junior in college in Kansas studying Graphic Design and Physics. Some of my interests include learning languages (if anyone wants to practice French let me know! I posted in the foreign language forum), playing the accordion, astronomy, music, religion, and particle physics. I enjoy trad Québécois music, Celtic, classic rock, and anything Weird Al/ Dr. Demento. Some exciting news- I will be working on getting an official diagnosis next Friday! I look forward to meeting you all and being a part of the community!



Jakki
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 295
Location: Kansas city , missouri

03 Oct 2019, 10:45 pm

WELCOME LAND OF WIZARDof Id ....... OZ .... OK ..weird seems to be in good company here.
Your litany of study . Subjects is impressive. Btw .. just saying. I hope you Enjoy wandering around the site .
:)


_________________
Female
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are


aquafelix
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2019
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 256
Location: Australia

05 Oct 2019, 4:55 am

Welcome to WP. I hope your assessment goes well. Weird Al fan too.



AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 53,978
Location: Portland, Oregon

05 Oct 2019, 1:47 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Sep 2006
Gender: Female
Posts: 708
Location: Surrey, UK

05 Oct 2019, 2:00 pm

Hi and welcome to WP Amanda:)! Official diagnosis next Friday? All the best 8)! I speak French, but don't even begin to go there :lol: (Aussies speaking French ... ridiculous! :lol: ) I do love Weird Al ... Amish Paradise, just realised he paradied Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun :lol: ... Trapped in the Drive-Thru ... so good 8)! Again, welcome!



Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Sep 2018
Age: 61
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,701
Location: New York City (Queens)

06 Oct 2019, 9:40 pm

Amandalynp wrote:
Some exciting news- I will be working on getting an official diagnosis next Friday! I look forward to meeting you all and being a part of the community!

Good luck with your official diagnosis. Suggestion: If you haven't done so already, prepare an organized list of reasons why you suspect ASD. Organize your list into categories like "social difficulties," "sensory issues," "attention issues," "executive functioning issues," etc.


_________________
- Finally diagnosed with ASD in May 2019, after having suspected it for over ten years, and after having deeply explored the autism community for over one year while waiting for and obtaining diagnosis.
- In longterm relationship with boyfriend who was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in 2001.
- Long history of participation in various oddball subcultures.
- My "Getting to know each other" thread: Hello from NYC.


Jakki
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2019
Gender: Female
Posts: 295
Location: Kansas city , missouri

06 Oct 2019, 11:44 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Amandalynp wrote:
Some exciting news- I will be working on getting an official diagnosis next Friday! I look forward to meeting you all and being a part of the community!

Good luck with your official diagnosis. Suggestion: If you haven't done so already, prepare an organized list of reasons why you suspect ASD. Organize your list into categories like "social difficulties," "sensory issues," "attention issues," "executive functioning issues," etc.


Trying to be indifferent here , hope you get correct dx ..


_________________
Female
Diagnosed hfa
Loves velcro,
Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 88,853
Location: the island of defective toy santas

06 Oct 2019, 11:48 pm

welcome Amanda! anybody into demented tunes is grade A-OK with me 8)



Amandalynp
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2019
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 14
Location: Kansas

08 Oct 2019, 6:56 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Amandalynp wrote:
Some exciting news- I will be working on getting an official diagnosis next Friday! I look forward to meeting you all and being a part of the community!

Good luck with your official diagnosis. Suggestion: If you haven't done so already, prepare an organized list of reasons why you suspect ASD. Organize your list into categories like "social difficulties," "sensory issues," "attention issues," "executive functioning issues," etc.


Thanks! Actually as the crazy list person I am, I already prepared a carefully categorized and bulleted list (front and back) haha. However, I am still quite nervous, so if you have any more suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!



Amandalynp
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2019
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 14
Location: Kansas

08 Oct 2019, 7:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
welcome Amanda! anybody into demented tunes is grade A-OK with me 8)


Thanks! Some favourites: Poisoning Pigeons in the Park and Masochism Tango by Tom Lehrer. *wipes tear from eye* "They're just so beautiful."



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 88,853
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Oct 2019, 7:03 am

Amandalynp wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
welcome Amanda! anybody into demented tunes is grade A-OK with me 8)


Thanks! Some favourites: Poisoning Pigeons in the Park and Masochism Tango by Tom Lehrer. *wipes tear from eye* "They're just so beautiful."

i have an orchestral version of "poisoning pidgeons" he recorded in 1959. btw, tom is still alive and living in santa monica in a condo somewhere. he, aside from his musical career, is a retired harvard mathematician/professor.



Amandalynp
Butterfly
Butterfly

User avatar

Joined: 22 Sep 2019
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 14
Location: Kansas

08 Oct 2019, 7:09 am

auntblabby wrote:
Amandalynp wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
welcome Amanda! anybody into demented tunes is grade A-OK with me 8)


Thanks! Some favourites: Poisoning Pigeons in the Park and Masochism Tango by Tom Lehrer. *wipes tear from eye* "They're just so beautiful."

i have an orchestral version of "poisoning pidgeons" he recorded in 1959. btw, tom is still alive and living in santa monica in a condo somewhere. he, aside from his musical career, is a retired harvard mathematician/professor.


Wow, very interesting- I've never heard that! Thanks for the info too!



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 88,853
Location: the island of defective toy santas

08 Oct 2019, 7:16 am

^^^prego :)

sung to the tune of Gilbert & Sullivan's "i am the model of a modern major general"



jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Age: 71
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,564
Location: Indiana

08 Oct 2019, 9:13 am

Amandalynp wrote:
Thanks! Actually as the crazy list person I am, I already prepared a carefully categorized and bulleted list (front and back) haha. However, I am still quite nervous, so if you have any more suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!


Since you are going in for an official diagnosis, they may ask you some questions related to your early childhood. Such as at what age did you first begin speaking? Did you begin to speak and then regress and then go silent for several months/years? What type of stims did you have when you were young? Some of these answers your parents may only know.

Perhaps others on the board might chirp in and relate their experience in the questions asked.

Welcome to Wrong Planet!



Aisling
Butterfly
Butterfly

Joined: 9 Oct 2019
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 14
Location: Ireland

09 Oct 2019, 1:55 am

hiya Amanda, I'm another newbie too!

Aisling