I think somebody put a dead rabbit...

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 4:55 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
A cat we used to have caught and killed a few squirrels.

I didn't say cats never kill squirrels. Just that in this particular case our assumption of squirrel homicide may have been wrong.

Another cat we had specialized in killing and eating squirrels. The landing to the basement door was strewn with tails of dispatched squirrels that he would bring and eat at night (looking like furry question marks on the concrete). One time he vomited an entire squirrel onto the kitchen floor. Vomited it in perfect anatomical order- head to tail.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 4:57 pm

My cat killed a bunny once, but it was very obvious what had happened. ^

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 4:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
… Does anyone read Rabbit?
No … but I speak fluent Updoc.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 6:11 pm

What breed of rabbit is it?

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 8:23 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Are there dtray cats living there? If a stray cat catches a rabbit, they may take it to the door of humans in the hope to exchange it for some cat food. It is also to show people how clever it was catching a rabbit.

Our neighbours cat used to come up to my husband when he (husband not cat) was cooking at the barbecue. My husband used to give it bits to eat. One night the cat tried it on me and I told it no, I only had enough for myself. A short while later the cat returned with a vole in its mouth. Not sure if he wanted me to cook it up for him or whether he was looking to trade. And yes, I crumbled and gave him some of my dinner and let him keep the vole.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 4:32 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
Could have killed itself. Lots of explanations. (I don't mean with a gun. I mean that it could have been running and seen another rabbit, got distracted and BAM. Dead. Run into the step).

That is a distinct possibility. Like a bird flying into a window. Rabbits move incredibly fast, and erratically. Also because of the way their eyes are positioned they do not see what is directly in front of them very well.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 7:28 am

EzraS wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
Could have killed itself. Lots of explanations. (I don't mean with a gun. I mean that it could have been running and seen another rabbit, got distracted and BAM. Dead. Run into the step).

That is a distinct possibility. Like a bird flying into a window. Rabbits move incredibly fast, and erratically. Also because of the way their eyes are positioned they do not see what is directly in front of them very well.

This is a possibility. There is also the fact that rabbits are the sort of animal that tends to die a lot. They can literally be scared to death. Unless there's a bloody knife stuck in your rabbit, I wouldn't reat it as much of a message, except maybe that a neighbourhood cat thinks you're a lousy hunter.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 5:30 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
What breed of rabbit is it?

Well yeah... was it a domestic looking pink eyed white rabbit? That is..did it look like someone's pet?

Or was it was it wild colored rabbit that looked wild?