Gabbard might boycott next debate citing DNC, media rigging

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 9:11 am

Tulsi Gabbard says process is ‘rigged,’ threatens to boycott presidential debate

Quote:

Hawaii Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard says she may boycott next week’s Democratic presidential debate telling supporters in a videotaped message Thursday that the Democratic National Committee and corporate media “are rigging the election.”

Gabbard said that the DNC and “their corporate media partners” rigged the 2016 Democratic primary election against Bernie Sanders and this year are trying to rig it against the American people.

“In this 2020 election, the DNC and corporate media are rigging the election again, but this time against the American people in the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada,” said Gabbard.

“They are attempting to replace the roles of voters in the early states, using polling and other arbitrary methods which are not transparent or democratic, and holding so-called debates which are not debates at all but rather commercialized reality television meant to entertain, not inform or enlighten.

“In short, the DNC and corporate media are trying to hijack the entire election process.”

Gabbard has attacked the media throughout her campaign for president, accusing the press of either ignoring or smearing her even as she frequently appears on national news shows to discuss her campaign and foreign policy issues.

She has also accused the DNC of not being transparent in its criteria for determining who qualifies for the primary debates.

Gabbard missed out on September’s debate because she wasn’t able to obtain 2% in enough qualifying polls. She narrowly made the debate stage this month, which is set for Westerville, Ohio.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 10:51 am

She is correct. If the American people reject her they deserve Trump.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:04 pm

Seems to me like a publicity ploy to drum up interest in her debate performance. I'd be very surprised if she actually boycotted it.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2019, 4:12 pm

I am no fan of Gabbard, who hasn't found a dictator she isn't prepared to support, and I don't think there's any good evidence to support her rigging claims. However, she's absolutely right that the debates are next-to useless for information. If they're going to use polls to determine who gets in then they need to be entirely transparent about which polls "count" - I would suggest nominating a single pollster to do that job. They should also use a much higher threshold in order to reduce the number of candidates who qualify for debates - I would suggest around 7%

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:34 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I am no fan of Gabbard, who hasn't found a dictator she isn't prepared to support, and I don't think there's any good evidence to support her rigging claims. However, she's absolutely right that the debates are next-to useless for information. If they're going to use polls to determine who gets in then they need to be entirely transparent about which polls "count" - I would suggest nominating a single pollster to do that job. They should also use a much higher threshold in order to reduce the number of candidates who qualify for debates - I would suggest around 7%

Actually, the rigging claims are so blatantly obvious to anyone who's really paying attention. But again, you don't live in this country. so I'll forgive you for being misinformed. As far as your assertion that she supports dictators...well, that's ignorant beyond words. Meeting with Assad was a good thing, it's what politicians should do. Lots of presidents and elected officials have done it. It beats rattling sabers.

Gabbard has served two tours of duty, and has seen the cost of war up close and personal.
She knows what they're really about and wants to see this s**t come to an end. You'd do well to listen to someone who knows what she's talking about, rather than the propaganda spewed by corporate journalists.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

That's B.S. She just wants peace in Syria. And more B.S. The DNC has loaded the field so it goes to the second stage and the the Super Delegates can cheat Democrat voters like last time and put in place a war mongering, mass murdering corporate shill like last time. But then they will lose to Trump again :lol: and the conspiracy theory media will blame Russia.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:17 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Actually, the rigging claims are so blatantly obvious to anyone who's really paying attention. But again, you don't live in this country. so I'll forgive you for being misinformed. As far as your assertion that she supports dictators...well, that's ignorant beyond words. Meeting with Assad was a good thing, it's what politicians should do. Lots of presidents and elected officials have done it. It beats rattling sabers.

Gabbard has served two tours of duty, and has seen the cost of war up close and personal.
She knows what they're really about and wants to see this s**t come to an end. You'd do well to listen to someone who knows what she's talking about, rather than the propaganda spewed by corporate journalists.

100%.

It's easy to support blowing people up from the comfort of your room in England but Gabbard has seen her friends being blown up. And she calls out the Saudis too which is great.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2019, 5:33 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Information doesn't stop at national borders. There's really no reason to automatically assume foreigners are ignorant - in fact, it's rather rude, if you don't mind me saying so. American politics, and also the Syrian conflict, are matters of considerable international attention.

Gabbard has not just met with Assad, a man who started a civil war by slaughtering children, but has even denied the fact that he used chemical weapons against his own people. She's an apologist for war crimes - not just interventions that went wrong, but the deliberate slaughter of civilians. She doesn't magically get away from that because she's fought in wars - lots of ex-military people oppose Assad, and you quite rightly don't give their opinions any extra credence. Gabbard defends the monstrous and as a liberal I cannot ever tolerate that. As a veteran she should know better.

Unfortunately there is no way that this s**t will "just come to an end". You can take American troops out of harms way, but in doing so you put America's allies like the Kurds and the FSA in harm's way, and you put Syrian civilians in harm's way. The war will continue with or without the West, and we shouldn't pretend there are any easy solutions. Personally I'd rather maintain an uneasy stalemate than withdraw and effectively side with the forces of evil.

All of this is, of course, off topic. So, do you disagree with my analysis of the debates or do you just want to take any opportunity you can to keep being inexplicably hostile towards me? It's really getting rather dull and I don't understand it.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:41 pm

Cause literally everything you say is wrong. The conflict was not started by Assad but by armed and Western backed Jihadists. The Wikileaks cables show the US had planned it from 2006. You support these murderous 'interventions' and have supported the far more brutal actions of the Israeli and US government so cut the 'liberal' c**p.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:43 pm

Please stop repeating the debunked conspiracy theory about Assad gassing people.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:58 pm

Me and people like VM learned from all the B.S lies before Iraq that you would have gone along with at the time. We don't need inexperienced and ignorant people making out they know better. Ask questions and learn from others.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2019, 6:18 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Please stop repeating the debunked conspiracy theory about Assad gassing people.

It's not a debunked conspiracy theory, it's an evidenced fact accepted by every observer, every expert, and every credible international body, and even by Donald Trump.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-45586903
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/worl ... ns-us.html
https://undocs.org/S/2016/738
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/mi ... story.html
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/chemic ... dier-14223
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syri ... SKBN1FJ0MG
https://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.i ... 281%29.pdf
https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/04/04/syr ... ks-persist
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -alt-right

If you read just one of those articles then make it the Guardian one, which specifically addresses the Syrian government's version of events.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 6:37 pm

It's utter tripe which I have debunked numerous times, you go silent and then come back months later with the same conspiracy theories. Peter Hitchens has debunked the 2017 and 2018 'attacks' as there is no chain of custody which goes against the OPCW'S own rules. The 'attack' last year didn't even happen, and has been debunked by Hitchens and Robert Fisk. A leaked document from the OPCW that wasn't in the full report said the cylinder was more than likely placed on the bed. Unless you can explain how a cylinder is dropped through a roof, goes through floors hits the floor and then bounces back on the bed without a scratch. If you believe that then well... I'm not going to waste my time debunking you in detail again just to see you coming back a few weeks later repeating the same conspiracy theory.

I mean it makes complete sense that after 2 chemical attacks by the Western backed Jihadists and seeing them on tape with the chemicals killing hares, that when the weapons inspectors came into town to investigate Assad thought it would be a good idea to fire chemical weapons over their heads and attack his own people on his side :lol: GIVE ME A BREAK. Ray McGovern debunked this hoax in writing and showed that the Jihadists responsible fled back into Turkey.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 7:32 pm

You won't have to worry about my hostility any more. I'm done with this site. Dealing with people like you is too frustrating and bad for my mental health.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 6:38 am

VegetableMan wrote:
You won't have to worry about my hostility any more. I'm done with this site. Dealing with people like you is too frustrating and bad for my mental health.

I understand that man. Hope you stick around. Just ignore certain people.