Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 9:24 pm

Irimias wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Hi mate,
Read my signature:
Quote:
I'm not here to change the world...There isn't a big enough soiled nappy bin...

I.E. I am not interested in being part of reform.

Rather, I am: "The Oracle of Truth".
I focus on exposing/sharing "the Truth".
It is a full-time job.
Saving the world is SEP (Someone Else's Problem). :wink:

I see. You want to expose the truth but won't respond to my questions.

Yes,
Expose/share the truth.
I am the Oracle of Truth, after all,
Not the giver of solutions.
I don't have any suggestions for making the world a better place.
So how can I answer your request to provide one/some?

I gather you have never met a person like me.
A person who has never committed to this life system,
And never will.
Someone who abdicated his humanity and joined the Vulcan Confederacy due to his exasperation and disgust with the emotionalistic nonsense of humanity/huwomanity.

You do realise I have a choice whether or not I accept the tentacles of expectation, err, expected of me by social convention?

I am not being rude to you by not answering your question.
I am simply being assertive.
I am not interested in interfering in the machinations of mankind/womankind/personkind.
I could hypothesis, but it does not please me to do so at this point in time.
Cerebral energy is always in limited supply.
Most on the autistic spectrum would understand where I am coming from.

Peace, brother. :wink:

Irimias
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Oct 2019, 5:52 am

Pepe wrote:

I don't have any suggestions for making the world a better place.
So how can I answer your request to provide one/some?

:

If you are strongly opposed to other peoples solutions then that implies you can come up with better solutions or don't want there to be any at all.

Quote:
I am not being rude to you by not answering your question.
I am simply being assertive.

No one is being rude to you for you to feel the need to be assertive, but this is a discussion forum and by posting opinions or videos, you seem to feel strongly about opposing climate activism, an issue that threatens the futures of my children, other younger members of my family and mankind generally, so I feel within my rights to call you out on them.

Quote:
I am not interested in interfering in the machinations of mankind/womankind/personkind.
I could hypothesis, but it does not please me to do so at this point in time.
Cerebral energy is always in limited supply.
Most on the autistic spectrum would understand where I am coming from.
k:

I didn't see anywhere that this forum is a safe space where points of view should go unchallenged. No one is forcing autistic people to participate in such discussions.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 8:28 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The first time (well the only time) I watched the video in its entirety I had a problem with its presentation.
I found it a little confusing and it grated on me somewhat.
I wanted clarity from you since it was assumed you would have presented something which you understood.

Before I start, isn't this the same kid that was heaping acclamations on "Extinction Rebellion" in another video you posted some time ago?
If so, this probably explains my aversion/revulsion and confusion at seeing his face again.
I hope that isn't one of your friend's video.
That would be rooly, rooly awkward if it were. <Yikes!>

Quote:
So my grasp of the video - activists have a way of doing all kinds of damage to their causes and making even sane things look absurd.

You know intimately that I am a reductionist by nature.
Not in everything/k, but,
Like Sheldon Cooper's dalliance with dice making mundane decisions for him, I use reductionism to simplify my life.

Extinction Rebellion, well at least some of its members, have indicated an imbecilic, hypocritical, irrational, manipulative and deceptive strategy/approach to their cause.
As a result, they have polluted themselves with nonsense that any rational person could see for themselves.
As a result, they have no credibility in my eyes.
And as a result, I won't waste precious mental energies on their philosophy.
"You reap what you sow". <shrug>

Mocking them,
Well, that is a different kettle of extinct fish altogether. :mrgreen:

My choice,
That's the way I roll.
Whacha gunna do? :wink:

Quote:
Where we're at with this - AFAICT if we don't behave in some sane manner to this situation we're f'd. When I say that the insane reaction could go one of two ways - the first being complacency or saying 'Pff... lol... sucks to be you - I won't be around for that',

I don't have a major problem with that,
Partly because I'd be lucky to survive another 20 years,
Partly because I have no "skin in the game",
Partly because I am not here to save the world,
Partly because I am part of the Vulcan Confederation and we have a non-interference policy in regards to you humans.

As I have mentioned recently elsewhere,
I will not accept "the Tentacles of Expectation" implicitly expected by society.
I am not in fascist Nazi Germany.
I am not in Communist China.
I have a choice in choosing my obligations.
"They (the establishment) have stolen my life,
How dare they! <stamp foot>"

Disrespect begets disrespect,
And I simply ignore the edicts that a manipulative, intimidating, sanctimonious and immoral society demands of me.
End "Mind Rape" and just maybe I'll sit down and have a chat.
But don't hold your breath.
Simples. :wink:

Quote:
the other abreaction is to say 'Stop capitalism now!' in which case we damage the world economy deeply, cause the developing world to slide back into poverty, and going back to subsistence living means they need to do whatever they need to do to stay alive and the environment will just have to cope.

Have you ever played: "The Last of us"?
A brilliant game that reminds me of what you just said here.
Given the choice, I would seriously prefer extinction than live in the sort of apocalyptic world you have mentioned.
Seriously.

Quote:
I tend to think the wild and crazy yahoos on both side make sane progress difficult on what's really an existential issue.

I respectfully disagree with any suggestion that we are facing an existential calamity.

Quote:
John Gray and James Lovelock share a rather grim prediction on this, that global warming is the planet's solution to its current plague of disseminated primatemaia. Having more than half of the world population die off from environmental degradation and climate change is just the half, the other half is such awful war for the remaining resources that it would make the first half of the 20th century across Europe and Asia look pleasant. From that standpoint I'll take a pass on John and James's cool detachment.

The assumption being: that his predictions are accurate.
I think not.
Is he making money out of his catastrophising, btw?
Can he and Al Gore both tap into the fears and irrational nonsense of the great unwashed and still make a financial motza?

These and many other questions will be considered in the next chapter of:
"Things that will scare the willies (assuming you have one) off ya so I can be seen as virtuous and make lotsa money out of you mob." :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 12:22 am

Quote:
Extinction Rebellion is an ‘anti-democratic’ and ‘anti-Western’ movement

Quote:
Sky News host Andrew Bolt says the Extinction Rebellion movement is an “anti-democratic”, “anti-Western” movement and is comprised of “a mix of communist and anarchist ideas”.

https://youtu.be/jopKNAgMzPc

Irimias
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 Oct 2019, 11:44 pm

The people protesting aren't anti democratic they are merely trying to get governments to take meaningful steps to resolve the climate issue. Those are the "bad guys" according to sky news and other media outlets protective of corporate interests and the status quo.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 2:21 am

Dammit, are those pesky skunks not extinct yet? :P

:mrgreen:
^ here, beat you too it and have a couple for the road :mrgreen:
:eew:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 2:24 am

Irimias wrote:
The people protesting aren't anti democratic they are merely trying to get governments to take meaningful steps to resolve the climate issue. Those are the "bad guys" according to sky news and other media outlets protective of corporate interests and the status quo.

You are entitled to your opinion.
This isn't China after all. 8)

<critical mode activated>
Do you know of Andrew Bolt?
What is it about him, which suggests he is working for big business?
What payoff does he get from them?
If you have some, could you supply information supporting your assertion?
If not, what you are saying is a baseless belief.

Are you aware that Andrew Bolt previously had an affiliation with leftwing politics?
Quote:
Bolt was born in Adelaide, his parents being newly-arrived Dutch migrants. He spent his childhood in remote rural areas, including Tarcoola, South Australia, while his father worked as a school teacher and principal. After completing secondary school at Murray Bridge High School,[6] Bolt travelled and worked overseas before returning to Australia and beginning an arts degree at the University of Adelaide.[7] He left university to take up a cadetship at The Age, the Melbourne broadsheet newspaper. His roles at The Age included sports writer, prior to joining The Herald. His time as a reporter included a period as the newspaper's Asia correspondent, based first in Hong Kong and later in Bangkok.[2] He worked for the Hawke Government on two election campaigns.[2]

Mark Lathan was the opposition labour leader at one time.
Quote:
Mark William Latham (born 28 February 1961) is an Australian politician. He has been the state leader of One Nation in New South Wales since November 2018 and won election to the Legislative Council at the 2019 state election. He was previously the leader of the Australian Labor Party and Leader of the Opposition from December 2003 to January 2005, leading the party to defeat at the 2004 federal election.

He and Andrew Bolt see eye-to-eye on many things these days.
I see no bias in favour of "corporate interests".
Could you provide evidence of this?

Presumably, your opinion is based on the belief that if you work for Sky News Australia, you are in league with "the Devil".
If so, how do you explain Leftwing political commentators also employed, now and previously, by Sky News?
Quote:
Graham Frederick Richardson (27 September 1949), a former Australian politician, was a Senator for New South Wales from 1983–94 for the Australian Labor Party, a senior minister in Hawke and Keating governments, and is now a political lobbyist, public speaker, and media commentator. During his time in politics, Richardson was often referred to as a right-wing power broker.[2] Prior to entering parliament, Richardson was a Labor Party branch organiser and held the position of General Secretary of the Australian Labor Party (New South Wales Branch) from 1976 to 1983.[3]
Since retiring from politics, Richardson has become a political commentator for Sky News Live, and hosts weekly commentary program Richo.

Quote:
Stephen Michael Conroy (born 18 January 1963) is an Australian former politician who was an Australian Labor Party member of the Senate from 1996 to 2016, representing the state of Victoria.[1] He served as a minister in the Rudd and Gillard Governments. He resigned from the Senate in September 2016.[2]

Quote:
Kristina Kerscher Keneally (born 19 December 1968[1]) is an Australian politician who has been a Senator for New South Wales since February 2018, representing the Labor Party. Since 2019, she has served as Deputy Leader of the Opposition in the Senate, Shadow Minister for Home Affairs, and Shadow Minister for Immigration and Citizenship. She previously served as Premier of New South Wales from 2009 to 2011, the first woman to hold the position.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News_ ... _reporters
And there are many more.

While Sky News is heavily conservative,
The inclusion of political diversity is a deliberate choice by Sky News Australia.
This can't be said of the ABC who has no conservative component in its media network, despite having the need of impartiality written into its charter.
If you have a problem with biased reporting, I suggest you investigate the "Australian Broadcasting Corporation".

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 2:27 am

domineekee wrote:

What inspired you to comment in this thread? 8O

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 2:32 am

Pepe wrote:
domineekee wrote:

What inspired you to comment in this thread? 8O

I can see it for what it is :wink:

Whenever my little sister is getting on my nerves I start talking about scientific data that contradicts her viewpoint. She's got an iq that's over 160 but she still takes the bait every time.

Apart from that, your use of this emoticon :mrgreen: is particularly infuriating and I just wanted to return the favour.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2019, 2:57 am

domineekee wrote:

Apart from that, your use of this emoticon :mrgreen: is particularly infuriating and I just wanted to return the favour.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 11:02 am

Here is a recent video of an Extinction Rebellion demonstration in London. Kind of takes me back to the hippie days when I was a young lad.
Facebook: #ExtinctionRebellionDemonstration #London

Last edited by jimmy m on 31 Oct 2019, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 11:51 am

Apparently the Extinction Rebellion Founder was blasted for "Blind Hypocrisy" after an 11,000 mile flight for luxury holiday.

Gail Bradbrook clocked up 11,000 air miles as she flew to Costa Rica for a week’s £2,500 stay at the New Life Iboga retreat then a week touring the tropical paradise.

Last year the 47-year-old helped set up the XR climate-protest campaign which is a week into two weeks of disruptions across London.

Thousands of protesters brought the capital to a standstill last week as they blocked roads and bridges, forcing ambulances to be diverted and causing mayhem for motorists. Some protesters handcuffed themselves to cars or glued themselves to government buildings. Activists occupied London City Airport and militant vegan offshoot Animal Rebellion took over Smithfield Meat Market.

The activists caused more chaos in London — and the mayhem is set to continue this week. The leftie XR group is calling for a reduction in air travel and wants the Government to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2025.

Yet Bradbrook, who has posted about the need to ground aircraft, proudly put pictures on Facebook during her 2016 Costa Rica jaunt — which left a carbon footprint of 2.6 tons of CO2 emissions. One photo was of her in a flowery dress at the beach taking snaps of monkeys.

She revealed that her holiday of self-discovery included taking hallucinogenic drugs that inspired her calling “to get with the spirit of the otter”.

And she said it was “filled with nature and the warm sea”, cooing over lizards, iguanas, birds that “nick your breakfast” and monkeys that “smash mangoes on the roofs”. She also gushed that she wanted to use her visit to “express my most passionate self” in “the most filthiest, animal way”.

Bradbrook said she contacted a spirit known as Grandmother Ayahuasca and got a “kick up the a*** on negative habits”.

Source: Extinction Rebellion Founder Blasted For ‘Blind Hypocrisy’ After 11,000-Mile Flight For Luxury Holiday

Yep! Definitely Hippie Movement!

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 12:16 pm

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:51 pm

jimmy m wrote:
Apparently the Extinction Rebellion Founder was blasted for "Blind Hypocrisy" after an 11,000 mile flight for luxury holiday.

Gail Bradbrook clocked up 11,000 air miles as she flew to Costa Rica for a week’s £2,500 stay at the New Life Iboga retreat then a week touring the tropical paradise.

Last year the 47-year-old helped set up the XR climate-protest campaign which is a week into two weeks of disruptions across London.

Thousands of protesters brought the capital to a standstill last week as they blocked roads and bridges, forcing ambulances to be diverted and causing mayhem for motorists. Some protesters handcuffed themselves to cars or glued themselves to government buildings. Activists occupied London City Airport and militant vegan offshoot Animal Rebellion took over Smithfield Meat Market.

The activists caused more chaos in London — and the mayhem is set to continue this week. The leftie XR group is calling for a reduction in air travel and wants the Government to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2025.

Yet Bradbrook, who has posted about the need to ground aircraft, proudly put pictures on Facebook during her 2016 Costa Rica jaunt — which left a carbon footprint of 2.6 tons of CO2 emissions. One photo was of her in a flowery dress at the beach taking snaps of monkeys.

She revealed that her holiday of self-discovery included taking hallucinogenic drugs that inspired her calling “to get with the spirit of the otter”.

And she said it was “filled with nature and the warm sea”, cooing over lizards, iguanas, birds that “nick your breakfast” and monkeys that “smash mangoes on the roofs”. She also gushed that she wanted to use her visit to “express my most passionate self” in “the most filthiest, animal way”.

Bradbrook said she contacted a spirit known as Grandmother Ayahuasca and got a “kick up the a*** on negative habits”.

Source: Extinction Rebellion Founder Blasted For ‘Blind Hypocrisy’ After 11,000-Mile Flight For Luxury Holiday

Yep! Definitely Hippie Movement!

The hypocrisy is staggering. <sigh>

While I believe in keeping an open mind, there are situations where a group or philosophy has been polluted so badly that is has no credibility whatsoever.
XR is one such group in my eyes and I have no interest in investing finite cerebral energy on this nonsense.
This is the consequence of building a philosophy on the foundation of "imbelcillia". <shrug>

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2019, 4:53 pm

jimmy m wrote:

Ahhh,
The "Look at me, look at me" squad. :roll:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 2:04 pm

Extinction Rebellion activists plan to unleash an unprecedented attack on the British media, sparking accusations that they want to infringe free speech.

The Mail on Sunday has obtained a copy of a document entitled The Great March For Truth & Blockade, which details how six key print and broadcast media sites would be targeted by environmental protesters next spring.

They include a print works in Hertfordshire where millions of national and regional newspapers are produced; Broadcasting House, which is home to the BBC; and the offices of newspaper groups including News UK, which publishes The Times, and DMG Media, publishers of The Mail on Sunday.

The plans include staging ‘occupations/blockades’ outside media headquarters in London before a ‘Great March for Truth’ on April 16 to the Broxbourne print works.

‘The plant has only one exit road leading to the A10, which makes it very vulnerable to a mass blockade,’ the proposal says. ‘This would block almost all national newspapers for the South of England from being delivered from this plant.

Source: Extinction Rebellion targets key media sites including the BBC's Broadcasting House and newspaper print works in war on free speech