Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

emtyeye
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:25 pm

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know about this term Indigo children having something to do with autism spectrum? What do you know about it? I just heard of it in connection to autism and it seems like, well, like BS. What do you think or know about it?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:36 pm

I always thought an indigo child was a rather gifted child who is different to their peers but has no learning, emotional or social delays or disabilities and has normal social skills and makes friends normally.

But when I looked it up apparently it doesn't mean that.
I'd rather be called indigo child rather than having this stupid AS label.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:40 pm

Well..

I like the music of Duke Ellington.

So that makes me a "Mood Indigo Child". :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 6:57 pm

“Indigo children”, according to a pseudoscientific New Age concept, are children who are believed to possess special, unusual, and sometimes supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe and further developed by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober. The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities. The interpretations of these beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution, in some cases possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy, to the belief that they are more empathetic and creative than their peers. Such beliefs are misplaced, to say the least.

No scientific studies give credibility to the existence of indigo children or their traits. Some parents choose to label their children who have been diagnosed with learning disabilities as an indigo child to alternatively diagnose them. Critics view this as a way for parents to avoid considering pediatric treatment or a psychiatric diagnosis. Some lists of traits used to describe indigo children have also been criticized for being vague enough to be applied to most people, a form of the Forer effect.

One can understand why many parents would not want their child to be labeled as ADD/ADHD or AS/ASD. The labels imply imperfection. Some may even take them to mean the child is ”damaged”. Specifically, it means your child's behavior is due to a neuro-biological condition. To some, this is the same as having a malfunctioning brain or a mental disorder. Understandably, emotions run high here. Treatment of children with problems is a hot button issue for the mass media, attack lawyers, talk show hosts, columnists, and others not known for their role in clarifying complicated scientific or medical matters. Many jump on the bandwagon and attack the drug industry and psychiatrists for over-drugging children. Opposition is fruitless, because few will listen to those who would defend those who “abuse” children. Fewer still will bother to investigate to see whether the critics know what they are talking about.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 8:17 pm

Whether it exists or not; let's just say I don't have to nor need to believe in it.

It's already confirmed that I don't have a 'special soul'.
I don't have a soul whose most lifetimes outside earth and being human.
I don't have a soul that contains certain energies with missions or what not.

Nope.

I got a traumatized old soul that messed up somewhere by living in a very messed up era, and is now repeating the same mistakes for several lifetimes now apparently. It refuses to let go of the needless old energy.

More or less equivalent to an adult old something still studying in grade school lessons because of one lesson, which leads to problems with more lessons because of it and so forth.
Due to neglect or idiocy, it doesn't matter really...

Autistic but far, far, FAR from being a star seed of any sort. :lol: :lol:
I'm sick of earth and being human because I'm 'stuck' being one and sick of repeated things, not because I'm 'homesick' and not really accustomed being human.
My own ego wish she is -- it's not. Therefore I'm not.

This also means; the label of autistic is not always equal to indigo/crystal/rainbow whatever meta stuff. :lol: I'm a living proof.
One's ego can think whatever they want -- the truth remains, it doesn't matter much what the ego thinks except for itself.

And there's my crazy answer.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2019, 10:42 pm

I've been identified as an indigo child.

True? False? Idk.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:42 am

EzraS wrote:
I've been identified as an indigo child.

True? False? Idk.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I suppose.

We would have to interview you in person...I suppose!
And give you the exhaustive battery of tests by a pro. Lol!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:46 am

Indigo is only ONE color in the Spectrum.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:47 am

emtyeye wrote:
Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know about this term Indigo children having something to do with autism spectrum? What do you know about it? I just heard of it in connection to autism and it seems like, well, like BS. What do you think or know about it?

Its a bunch of New Age flapdoodle. Or not.

Ten years ago it was a fad thing- the book stores were full of titles about "how to raise your indigo child" as if it were a real thing. But it wasn't until later that indigoness began to be linked to autism or aspergers.

And, as I understand it, the indigo children are passe' anyway. Now we are getting "crystal children" (see through, as opposed to opaque blue?). :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:50 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Indigo is only ONE color in the Spectrum.

Exactly.

You may look Indigo at first glance, but actually be more greenish, or even be purple.

And if you're a purple person than you have THIS to worry about:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:53 am

Green is another color on the spectrum...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.