Changing the clocks twice a year kills people.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 3:05 pm

More car accidents happen due to the clocks being changed. Changing the clocks should be banned everywhere. Standard time or permanent daylight savings time throughout the year. No changing the clocks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 3:57 am

It is a pain in the Tushey.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:29 am

Everyone should just refuse to do it. It's like it's an experiment to see if everyone will all agree to do something stupid and pointless twice a year.

Every spring and fall there are threads and articles everywhere about how much DST sucks, needs to stop etc. And yet year after year decade after decade everyone submits to it. All big corporations submit to it and post reminder flyers everywhere. The military submits to it. Amazing how much control power it carries.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 6:11 am

It surely kills me, twice a year. Unnecessary stress.

Stardust_Dragonfly
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 8:45 am

I guess it's making the sun set an hour later, which does make a bit of a difference where I live and makes it feel like there's more of a day- although it still gets dark so quickly in Winter :(.

EzraS wrote:
Everyone should just refuse to do it. It's like it's an experiment to see if everyone will all agree to do something stupid and pointless twice a year.

Every spring and fall there are threads and articles everywhere about how much DST sucks, needs to stop etc. And yet year after year decade after decade everyone submits to it. All big corporations submit to it and post reminder flyers everywhere. The military submits to it. Amazing how much control power it carries.

This reminds me of a TV episode I watched as a kid in the 90s of a show called 'Eerie Indiana', where the main character lives in a town that doesn't do DST, and he does it in protest only to find himself in some kind of an alternate reality :lol:. Maybe that's why we still do it? 8-O

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 10:10 am

I find it's good in the fall. An extra hour of sleep and daylight. In the spring, not so much.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 10:16 am

EzraS wrote:

Several European countries don't observe it and the European Parliament voted for it to be dropped starting 2021 - for once I hope they succeed!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 10:21 am

Everything kills people, haven't you noticed? It's a wonder we weren't all killed a long time ago. And we're so stressed out from stuff we have to do every day, those of us who do live don't have much of a life at all. :(

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 2:33 pm

Can someone explain how hanging clocks causes car accidents? Do people forget to move their clocks forward and back and they rush to work due to fear of being fired and they get into an accident?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 3:35 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Everything kills people, haven't you noticed? It's a wonder we weren't all killed a long time ago. And we're so stressed out from stuff we have to do every day, those of us who do live don't have much of a life at all. :(

While people are dying now that have never died before, you are living so it is a good idea to enjoy life. :) Plan some exciting adventures. :)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 3:37 pm

Changing the clocks. This is done to keep daylight for school children as they go to and from school.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 3:45 pm

I agree, they should pick one and stick with it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 3:52 pm

EzraS wrote:

I don't think my work would appreciate if I start coming in at 9 and leaving at 1, or coming in at 7 and leaving at 11(I am not sure if this time was the one we lost an hour or gained an hour) when my shift is between 8-12. I would love to just not participate in daylight savings, but I don't think it would be a smart choice if I want to keep my job. :lol: