Family ambushed and killed near Mexican border

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:02 am

You know? Another horrible thing about this is that Trump and his Mexican-hating MAGAs will exploit this tragedy to say "We told you so!" :|

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:07 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
You know? Another horrible thing about this is that Trump and his Mexican-hating MAGAs will exploit this tragedy to say "We told you so!" :|

I don't think that this would be an argument about the wall or deportation. This happened on foreign soil. Immigration only matters when something happens on US soil.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:09 am

Bravo5150 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I don't think that this would be an argument about the wall or deportation. This happened on foreign soil. Immigration only matters when something happens on US soil.

Somehow I doubt that. Trump has made it very clear many times before how he feels about hispanics. "Murderers, rapists, and criminals".

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:15 am

A suspect was arrested near the Arizona border with Mexico in connection with the deaths of nine U.S. citizens - six children and three women – Monday who were living in a Mormon community about 70 miles south of Douglas, Ariz., investigators said early Wednesday.

The victims’ convoy came under fire during the day in an ambush by gunmen believed to be affiliated with a drug cartel in Mexico.

The Agency for Criminal Investigation said in a statement on Facebook the suspect was found in the town of Agua Prieta, right across the border from Douglas, Arizona. The suspect was holding two hostages who were bound and gagged inside a vehicle.

Investigators found four assault rifles and a bulletproof SUV.

Officials have said that the gunmen may have mistaken the group's large SUVs for those of a rival gang amid a vicious turf war.

Eight young children - including babies - survived the attack by hiding in the brush and even though they were wounded some walked miles to get help. Five badly wounded children were transported to hospitals in Arizona for treatment.

The FBI meanwhile has offered assistance to the Mexican government, hours after President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador rejected President Trump's overture to "wage war" on the country's drug cartels in response to the brutal slayings.

“If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively,” Trump tweeted Tuesday. “The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!”

Source: Mexican cartel massacre: Suspect with 2 hostages, assault rifles, bulletproof SUV arrested in border town

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:16 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Somehow I doubt that. Trump has made it very clear many times before how he feels about hispanics. "Murderers, rapists, and criminals".

If you think this is just as bad as most things at stake here, then explain how deportation would matter here where the incident happened out of the country as much as how deportation would matter if it was an NY or LA street gang.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:44 am

jimmy m wrote:
A suspect was arrested near the Arizona border with Mexico in connection with the deaths of nine U.S. citizens - six children and three women – Monday who were living in a Mormon community about 70 miles south of Douglas, Ariz., investigators said early Wednesday.

The victims’ convoy came under fire during the day in an ambush by gunmen believed to be affiliated with a drug cartel in Mexico.

The Agency for Criminal Investigation said in a statement on Facebook the suspect was found in the town of Agua Prieta, right across the border from Douglas, Arizona. The suspect was holding two hostages who were bound and gagged inside a vehicle.

Investigators found four assault rifles and a bulletproof SUV.

Officials have said that the gunmen may have mistaken the group's large SUVs for those of a rival gang amid a vicious turf war.

Eight young children - including babies - survived the attack by hiding in the brush and even though they were wounded some walked miles to get help. Five badly wounded children were transported to hospitals in Arizona for treatment.

The FBI meanwhile has offered assistance to the Mexican government, hours after President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador rejected President Trump's overture to "wage war" on the country's drug cartels in response to the brutal slayings.

“If Mexico needs or requests help in cleaning out these monsters, the United States stands ready, willing & able to get involved and do the job quickly and effectively,” Trump tweeted Tuesday. “The great new President of Mexico has made this a big issue, but the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!”

Source: Mexican cartel massacre: Suspect with 2 hostages, assault rifles, bulletproof SUV arrested in border town
He had hostages with him as well when he was arrested.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:38 pm

I think I figured out a better solution than the FBI or military. Gather a team of living Darwin Awards recipients and people from all those "Florida Man" articles to send in as free labor for the cartels. The labs will all be blown up, and other forms of gross incompetence will force them to all fall apart in a couple of weeks.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 4:26 pm

What I have not heard mentioned...is that many of the families in this "Mormon" community (NOT the more commonly known The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) are polygamous and moved to Mexico and Canada when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints decided to break with the polygamous doctrine. These are the same families that practice "spiritual" marriages of children as young as 13 to elders in the community. It would not surprise me to learn that the three women were "sister wives."

My memory might fail me here, but I recall that the "leaders" of these break-away groups partook of legal and illegal drugs.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 4:32 pm

blazingstar wrote:
What I have not heard mentioned...is that many of the families in this "Mormon" community (NOT the more commonly known The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) are polygamous and moved to Mexico and Canada when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints decided to break with the polygamous doctrine. These are the same families that practice "spiritual" marriages of children as young as 13 to elders in the community. It would not surprise me to learn that the three women were "sister wives."

My memory might fail me here, but I recall that the "leaders" of these break-away groups partook of legal and illegal drugs.

I was unaware of the partaking in drugs. I used to know a guy who was Mormon and he did everything possible to even avoid caffeine. I mentioned my understanding about the abstaining even from legal substances early on. I am surprised no one said anything to correct me until now.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 4:44 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

I was unaware of the partaking in drugs. I used to know a guy who was Mormon and he did everything possible to even avoid caffeine. I mentioned my understanding about the abstaining even from legal substances early on. I am surprised no one said anything to correct me until now.

The Church of Latter Day Saints does not take caffeine or alcohol or any other drugs. I would not want to speculate on what their elders may or may not do.

But the break-away "Mormons" who went into Mexico and Canada are still polygamous.

Your friend who was a Mormon, probably was totally pure.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 4:51 pm

I have read of a few "break away" groups like David Koresh in Waco that were into the poligamy practice, but didn't see the marriage question as relevant as if they were pure. I found what you were talking about interesting about the substances you brought up. I didn't know the "break aways" were into all kinds of substances.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:03 pm

I read that some of these breakaway mormon groups in Mexico are into all kinds of stuff incuding murder for hire among other things.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:09 pm

I don't know if the breakaway groups in Mexico are doing murder for hire, but mormon elders of the breakaway churches here in the US have ordered killings which were carried out. I believe the perpetrators are in jail now, but still, killing a young mother and her two-year old daughter seems an extreme way to carry out God's word.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:16 pm

blazingstar wrote:
I don't know if the breakaway groups in Mexico are doing murder for hire, but mormon elders of the breakaway churches here in the US have ordered killings which were carried out. I believe the perpetrators are in jail now, but still, killing a young mother and her two-year old daughter seems an extreme way to carry out God's word.

I am surprised at the mentioning of murder for hire, but not at the idea of killing someone because God said to. I have encountered some religious nutjobs who indicated that it is better to kill someone than use profanity in conflict resolution. I can even quote George Carlin as making the observation in saying "The more devout the person's beliefs, the more negotiable they are on 'Thou shall not kill'"

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 5:45 pm

Carlin had a way of hitting the nail on the head!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 1:25 am

latest news is 8 children have come out of hiding