Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Xenomonster12
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Nov 2019, 5:51 pm

I know that everyone on the spectrum is vastly different, but many of us, (including myself) desperately want to help people, but lack emotionally empathy.

I realise that there are jobs out there that can seriously effect people because of the emotional empathy they endure because of them. (E.g, Facebook mods, anything to do with the emergency line, etc.)

I feel like these jobs would be a perfect fit for moral, empathy-less people.

Can anyone think of examples? Preferably ones that someone of normal intelligence, with aspie social interests could fill? Even better, jobs that can be done in a rural area?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2019, 7:25 pm

I've been successfully working data entry for 39 years.

Data entry, and civil service jobs in general, are pretty good jobs for Aspies.

Computer jobs. Factory jobs. Jobs where you don't have to have much contact with the public.

I work in a library as a part-time job. I only have to deal with college students and faculty; in general, they are easier to deal with than "the public."

EmilyGims
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Nov 2019, 10:00 am

Hey. I work in a veterinary clinic in the Bronx. For almost 11 years now. I also have a hobby - I do clay modeling and sell it all on Amazon. Good luck!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2019, 10:03 am

Do you feel an especial affinity for nonhuman animals?

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2020, 10:57 am

I have noticed successful AS people in the Audio Visual field and it doesn't require a degree.
Go to the AV integrator websites and they are always look for AV install techs the big AV integrators offer good benefits

Video editing
Audio Visual install technician limited contact with client.
Audio Visual programmer where you come in after a conference room is installed and program the master controller to control the AV equipment.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

revlar
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2020, 12:40 pm

My first "career" job was as a proofreader/copy editor. It was perfect fit being that people never bother you because it requires total focus. I'm currently working as a proposal writer for engineering firm, which is base on technical writing and another good job. I could do without the marketing portion of it when I need to make phone calls occasionally.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 8:09 am

A caretaker for pets.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 11:23 am

I've been in the technology and engineering fields since the late 1970s. Working with equipment and systems that operate the same way every time is a welcome relief from working with people.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.