Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 6:55 pm

Anyone else having bladder issues? Are you taking medicine for it?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Dec 2019, 4:12 am

I'm on a diuretic because it also has some hormone effects but it makes me need to pee more. I take Ditropan/Oxybutynin partly to help counter that. It's used for overactive bladder & it helps me have to pee a little less. It's also occasionally used for hyperhidrosis which is excessive sweating. The ladder is the reason I decided to try Oxybutynin because I would sweat very easily sometimes & I sweat a little less on it. There's lots of meds for bladder issues thou & I didn't research em much.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2019, 6:12 pm

I use either Gabapentin or Lyrica at bedtime to help fix excessive urgency to pee at night that otherwise wakes me up. I have normal volume of pee, just excessive urgency to pee. Either one works well.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2019, 8:45 am

Noca wrote:
I use either Gabapentin or Lyrica at bedtime to help fix excessive urgency to pee at night that otherwise wakes me up. I have normal volume of pee, just excessive urgency to pee. Either one works well.
Interesting. I didn't know either of those meds had an affect on the bladder. I take Gabapentin for OCD & it doesn't seem to have an effect on my need to pee. I don't know how old you are Noca but it's fairly common for older guys to need to pee after they go to bed cuz of problems with their prostates.

Guy Incognito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2019, 10:10 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

I take Myrbetriq. It's not perfect, but it doesn't have the bad side effects that Dettol and Ditropan had.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 10:55 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:

Capryllic acid capsules... first signs of pressure . In between pee s..with water .
Add fermented garlic capsules if you can afford it . Or garlic oil capsules

where ever you go ,there you are

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2020, 3:47 am

Guy Incognito wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I take Myrbetriq. It's not perfect, but it doesn't have the bad side effects that Dettol and Ditropan had.
What side-effects did you have on Ditropan :?: I guess it may be possible I'm having some side-effects that I never attributed to that med.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2020, 12:33 am

I just take over the counter medication & alot of water seem to help.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2020, 7:58 am

I've suffered from weak bladder control my entire life, but for most of my teen and adult years it wasn't too bad. Then I had a complete hysterectomy about 14 years ago due to cancer. It cured the cancer, but several years ago I started having bladder problems again. I think that without the girl parts there to hold everything else in place, the bladder no longer sits correctly inside my abdomen, causing my bladder issues to return. I have also been trying to eat healthier, and some of the fruits I eat are natural diuretics, so that has only added to the problem. I now have to use adult disposable undies, but at least it helps deal with the accidents. In my new home, my bathroom is also centrally located, which also helps. Hey, if you can get there quicker, then you have fewer accidents.

Because of weight issues and fluid retension issues, including edema in my legs, my docs have been after me to take diuretics for many years. I tried them for a short time about 14 years ago, and didn't like the increased incontinence they caused, so I decided not to continue with them. This past summer one of my docs talked me into trying the diuretics again, but I insisted on a lower dose. It didn't help me at all, and I still don't like the increased incontinence, so when I finished the first bottle of pills I chose not to get any more of them. I really have trouble seeing any benefit in taking something that will drain you of body fluid, which will then cause you to be very thirsty, and then cause you to drink more water to cure the thirst, thereby putting back the fluid removed by the drug's diuretic effects. This does not pass the logic test. I also don't see the logic in making an already incontinent person take incontinence causing drugs, so that they will become even more incontinent. Are the docs or Medicaid going to pay for my disposable undies? Are they going to pay for frequent carpet cleanings, or increased laundry bills? Are they going to take care of me if I land in the hospital due to ill health caused by the loss of potassium and other electrolytes? Don't think so!

If anyone here is having incontinence issues, and doesn't know the cause. See a doc, as they may be able to find out and help fix the cause of the problem. If there is no full fix for the problem there are a number of brands of adult incontinence wear out there now, and many of them will ship to your home. I usually have Walmart deliver mine, unless I'm in the store on errands, and pick up what I need during the shopping trip. Some brands have both male and female forms of bladder control undies. The female brief styles are actually unisex when it comes to dealing with bowel issues, as both men and women poop from the same place. Unfortunately, besides lifelong bladder issues, I also suffer from lifelong bowel issues, but most of the time I'm all right bowel wise. At least with the disposable undies, clean ups are easier.

I hope anybody here on WP is able to find fixes for any bladder and/or bowel issues they have.