Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

queenofdoomydoom
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Dec 2019, 8:57 pm

My pain management doctor suggested it for pain. Said for it to take effect i need to wait for it to get in my system and I have yet to look up what it does for ASD. But $30 for a tiny bottle when I could use that money help pay my water bill?
My opinion.. too expensive to really bother with.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2019, 9:12 pm

leahbear wrote:
If you’re looking for guidance on more natural, less harmful ways to decrease anxiety maybe a naturopath or someone similar is what you’re looking for. They would discuss CBD with you but might want to look at other causes like gut issues, nutrient deficiences, etc. I had a bunch of chronic conditions and my naturopath was able to look through them all and see that my gut issues were the root cause of all of them. We worked on healing my gut and it not only fixed my chronic conditions but improved my mood, energy and greatly decreased my anxiety.

This is a very smart post, I think. But did not find solely addressing gut issues
Helped Everything . For me . If having a interest in addressing those as part of a overall plan .Might look into herbs called Neem, and Boswellia . Of course acidophilus ..And variations on that, including enzyme usuage , (papaya)
Tablets. Edible type medicinals .Need a healthy gut for absorption. As well as for normal nutrients . Just a thought.

where ever you go ,there you are

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2019, 11:24 am

Phenibut and L theanine stack works wonders for anxiety issues and improves focus at the same time. Phenibut is a prescription drug in Russia and former Soviet Union countries It is used to treat GAD and PTSD. It is sold a a supplement in the USA. Phenibut doesn't need to be taken every day as the effects last 48 hours. Phenibut shouldn't be taken every day. typically if taken on Mon Wed and Fri with sat and sun off you will be fine. Phenibut can be addictive if abused.

My sis was suffering from PTSD after her son died in a car crash and the stack started working almost immediately on her has been a blessing.

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 8:49 pm

^^^Medications for high blood pressure (Antihypertensive drugs) interacts with THEANINE

Theanine seems to decrease blood pressure. Taking theanine along with medications for high blood pressure might cause your blood pressure to go too low.<br/><br/> Some medications for high blood pressure include captopril (Capoten), enalapril (Vasotec), losartan (Cozaar), valsartan (Diovan), diltiazem (Cardizem), Amlodipine (Norvasc), hydrochlorothiazide (HydroDiuril), furosemide (Lasix), and many others.

Stimulant drugs interacts with THEANINE

Stimulant drugs speed up the nervous system. By speeding up the nervous system stimulant medications can make you feel jittery and speed up your heartbeat. Theanine might work to slow down the nervous system. Taking theanine along with stimulant medications might decrease the effectiveness of stimulant medications.<br/><br/> Some stimulant drugs include diethylpropion (Tenuate), epinephrine, phentermine (Ionamin), pseudoephedrine (Sudafed), and many others.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2020, 3:51 pm

CBD is one of over 80 chemicals known as cannabinoids in the Cannabis sativa plant, also known as marijuana or hemp. “Hemp” is a term used to define varieties of Cannabis that contain 0.3 percent or less of tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the psychoactive compound that gets people high.

“It [CBD] doesn't make you high, but it has effects on multiple other chemicals in the body and in the brain. So, for example, in the brain, it can elevate chemicals that are important for regulating anxiety and mood,” Dr. Yasmin Hurd, director of the Addiction Institute at Mount Sinai.

Currently, the FDA has only approved one CBD product, a prescription drug that treats two rare and severe forms of epilepsy.

“There are not many studies that have definitively shown CBD to be efficacious except for these two rare forms of childhood epilepsy,” Dr. Hurd said. “There are a number of small studies that have shown an indication that CBD might be effective for anxiety. Might be effective as an antipsychotic. Might be effective as to decrease cravings for people with a substance use disorders, but those studies are still very small in terms of the sample sizes that have been done.”

Consumers can look out for a few red flags when it comes to knowing which companies might be trying to sell you fraudulent CBD products Skodzinski said.

1. False medical claims

“If a company is claiming any kind of direct health or medical benefits, that's a red flag. That's the first red flag because that is illegal to do. They can't market as a dietary supplement and they can't make medical claims right now.”

2. Lack of third-party testing

“The first thing I would look for is a company that publishes third-party testing results, ideally on their website. Third-party laboratories will provide certificates of analysis and they should show CBD contents, and contents of any other cannabinoids. And then they also should have test results that show that it's free of unsafe levels of pesticides, molds, and heavy metals."

According to the FDA, the agency has only seen limited data about CBD safety and says it has the potential to cause liver injury, affect the metabolism of other drugs, which could cause serious side effects and may increase the risk of sedation and drowsiness when used with alcohol or other types of depressants.

The FDA is currently setting up regulations for CBD products, specifically looking at ways to verify the percentage of CBD and making sure THC isn’t present in them, Hurd said.

Source: Just how safe are CBD products? Experts weigh in

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 1:04 am

I tried the gel capsules on the recommendation of my OT. Cost me about sixty quid for 30 pills. I took them for about two weeks and didn't notice any real difference at all. Personally if you know someone who uses them, I'd ask to try a couple to see what they do for you before shelling out that kind of money. Do you take any prescription meds? If so, check with your doctor to make sure there are no contraindications between CBD oil and whatever you're taking. I take Vyvanse, an ADHD stimulant now, and have been told that marijuana mixed with it is a very bad combination, so I'll be staying away from CBD oil too, just in case.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

TheAntevasin
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Jan 2020, 10:01 am

Hi I just finished an article on explaining the Human Endocannabinoid System and the benefits of CBD oil

https://steemit.com/health/@carlitashaw ... rbimf91a1i

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 172 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 45 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

holymackerel
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2020, 4:59 pm

THC free oil contains THC just in small amounts. These people are getting reduced anxiety because they are getting a therapeutic dose of THC. We know weed reduces anxiety for a limited period. Yet people are probably doing research why it helps, its pretty dumb if you ask me.

Punkrockfan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2020, 9:47 pm

I can't remember if it helped me or not, tbh.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2020, 9:54 pm

It's been an immense help, particularly with work-related stress. Not CBD oil but gummies.

If I were to explain my thoughts on it in simplest form - it's a bit like what it would be like to take a vitamin supplement that does what Neurontin or Gabapentin does. The key thing, really important to me, it's mood-neutral and doesn't have any of your St. John's Wart type effects (I think of St. John's Wart like nature's Effexor).

To my understanding doses range up to 1500mg daily but, if it its effective at much lower dosage I don't see the point. So far I've been pretty happy with taking a 50mg gummy once daily. One of my least favorite things was going on Amazon and seeing these super-duper-ultra strength CBD gummies. Most gummies have their total CBD count per jar so you have to break out a calculator and figure out how much CBD per each. I couldn't see myself buying anything much stronger than I'm using right now, ie. unless you've got crippling neurological pain there's hardly a point. While I haven't been on it long enough to test this theory, just about anything tends to do less for you if you take too much of it which is why upping the dose really doesn't interest me much, that and there can be a bit of a zero-sum game between relaxation and focus when you twist the dial too hard.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2020, 8:30 am

i wonder if CBD has similar effects on pain, as flexeril?

JakeCorn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Feb 2021, 10:20 am

it seems to me that there is nothing better than cbd oil

DIVAIR
Raven
Raven

19 Feb 2021, 5:29 pm

I did an experiment a year ago and I found it really helps a lot with my pain management: I live with chronic lower back pain, an' l'me tell ya it suck seven kinds of suckage!

:!: WARNING: do this at your own risk :!:

I mix cannabis with two different types of plants from the Artimesia family:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_(genus)

The two that grow commonly in my area are Artemisia californica, or California Sagebrush:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_californica

Artemisia douglasiana, or California Mugwort:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artemisia_douglasiana

But if you don't happen to live in the Golden State, not to worry, there are varieties that grow all over the world :D

Method: Pulverize cannabis, I'll use one bud. Use a handful of fresh or dried Artemesia leaves, both or one type, it isn't critical as this is topical, put into blender with approximately 1/2-pint of alcohol, Vodka or rubbing alcohol, and blend thoroughly... DO NOT DRINK THIS :!: :skull: Apply to affected area: I typically will keep the mixture in a jar, but will strain a portion of it into a spray bottle for easier application. It will work in about ten minutes and the effect will last about four to five hours. :!: WARNING :!: please test on small portion of your skin before dosing larger area as it may cause dizziness, or make you slightly high if you're not used to it.

This works for me, and may not work for others. I am very med sensitive and can't take a whole lot of medications and ingesting and smoking cannibus has a very negative effect on me, but as a topical treatment it works.

DIVAIR

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 10:55 pm

I'd like to try cooking with it. I'd also like to try rubbing it on my joints.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2021, 10:58 pm

I've never tried it. My daughter uses it for Lupus pain, and bought some for my 82-year old mother for Christmas.

I'll have to ask if she ever tried it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2021, 4:54 am

too bad no pharma has decided to try artimesia in a consumer pain relieving product.