I wonder does any Aspie here working as Security Guard here?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 12:39 am

Since October I have been working in a factory as a guard, working mainly at night shifts 12 hours or sometimes 24-hour shifts on weekends, they intentionally give me night shifts because I have Asperger Syndrome and that I don't have to handle so many people and trucks that they enter and leave the factory, you have to write the name of the forwarding company, the numbers from the license plate, and the name of which they entered and left the factory.

One older gentleman who works there also says that he can recognize every license plate he has seen, recognize from which Polish province (region) the truck comes, and recognize from which European country the truck is if it is not from Poland. That let's give British license plates are characteristic because they are black letters and numbers on a yellow background, he also joked that the British will not have long to scratch the EU flag and give Union Jack there again :D
I think that guy who trained me is probably aspie too :D

During night shift I need to check on special checkpoints with some dildo shape device :mrgreen:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 12:45 am

There is a movie that just came out called "Richard Jewell". It is based on a real life story. From my perspective the main character had many Aspie traits. There is no way for me to know for sure but you can call it a hunch.

He was working as a security guard when the incident happened and he saved hundreds of lives.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 1:28 am

I worked as a security guard for a few years over 20 years ago.

Wreck It Ralph

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 5:39 pm

I was a Security Officer for 2 years at Six Flags New England before getting a more permanent stable job at my local Hobby Lobby. Never looked back.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2019, 7:18 pm

I have a friend(AS) in New Jersey who was a Security Guard, up until retirement. He felt it was the best fit for him, as he loved working nights, with very few people about.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 6:21 am

I'd be too timid to be a security guard. As a people pleaser I would probably say to robbers, "OK, you can break in just this once. I will use all of my life's savings to pay for what you steal or damage", just to have the ego-boost from them saying, "wow, you're the best security guard ever! We love you!"

:lol:

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 6:44 am

Awww Joe, That is hilarious!!

Wreck It Ralph

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 6:47 am

skibum wrote:
Awww Joe, That is hilarious!!

It's true though. :lol:

Never have me working in a position where I am under pressure to show authority to the public. I'll be crap. :lol:

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 7:00 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'd be too timid to be a security guard. As a people pleaser I would probably say to robbers, "OK, you can break in just this once. I will use all of my life's savings to pay for what you steal or damage", just to have the ego-boost from them saying, "wow, you're the best security guard ever! We love you!"

:lol: Love ya Joe ... that’s hilarious ... :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 7:09 am

Juliette wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

:lol: Love ya Joe ... that’s hilarious ... :lol:

:lol: :lol: 8)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 9:21 am

I have a somewhat distant relitive in his 50s with aspergers who has been a security guard for around 30 years I believe. I'll probably see him soon among guests at some family Christmas gathering. And I correspond with him from time to time.

He says becoming a security officer worked out very well for him. He gets to work at night either mostly or entirely by himself. And as long as he is punctual and doesn't break any major rules he's pretty much free to do as he wants (within reason) and is considered a valuable employee. He says it's been the perfect career for him and one of the few jobs he's able to do well at and have job security (no pun intended).

timf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 9:31 am

Working nights was great (little interaction with others). Getting 5$/hr. out of which you had to pay uniform rental was not great.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2019, 3:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:

They explained to me during the training that my life is the most important thing, that in the event of a robbery, or if I notice something unsettling, that I would shut myself up in the guardhouse and that I would activate a silent alarm and not play a hero

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 12:37 pm

My mom has tried getting me to apply for any security guard positions for a Portland shopping mall, but I have not bothered to do so.