Post Something That Made You Stressed Today.

Page 7 of 11 [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2020, 12:21 pm

Dear_one wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Goodbye.

Thank you.

I'm fighting and protesting the mask laws. Others feel the same. Our president feels the same. There are lawyers who agree and will defend us. Don't like that? Tough.

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2020, 12:24 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Not all people know they are high risk. That's the problem. People have underlying conditions which may not be diagnosed. I didn't know I had a congenital heart defect until I had my stroke at 46. Many people aren't aware they have high blood pressure, early stage liver disease, diabetes, or even a weakened immune system. Certain blood types are more susceptible than other blood types, and I bet most people in the world don't even know their blood type.

I really can't imagine rounding up all these people, removing them from society, and expecting their employers to twiddle their thumbs during the absence.

Many of us are willing to roll the dice. As I said, what if corona never existed and you got some other kind of infection? As for their jobs, let them work from home or provide government assistance until the threat is over. The quarantine would be voluntary at that person's discretion.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 12:33 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Goodbye.

Thank you.

I'm fighting and protesting the mask laws. Others feel the same. Our president feels the same. There are lawyers who agree and will defend us. Don't like that? Tough.

So, you admit that you lie readily?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 12:37 pm

AspiePrincess611 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Not all people know they are high risk. That's the problem. People have underlying conditions which may not be diagnosed. I didn't know I had a congenital heart defect until I had my stroke at 46. Many people aren't aware they have high blood pressure, early stage liver disease, diabetes, or even a weakened immune system. Certain blood types are more susceptible than other blood types, and I bet most people in the world don't even know their blood type.

I really can't imagine rounding up all these people, removing them from society, and expecting their employers to twiddle their thumbs during the absence.

Many of us are willing to roll the dice. As I said, what if corona never existed and you got some other kind of infection? As for their jobs, let them work from home or provide government assistance until the threat is over. The quarantine would be voluntary at that person's discretion.

I agree to an extent, but again I don't know how to put it in practice with employers. Joe A has high blood pressure and decides to work. Joe B says he has high blood pressure and wants job security and full wage whilst he stays home. Joe C has a doctor's note but Joe D's doctor won't write one even though his BP is the highest of them all. Joe E needs to use up all his sick days but Joe F has a long term disability package and full pay. Company 1 is tolerant of high risk groups. Company 2 isn't. I don't know how it could be law for so many people to make personal decisions and still expect to be paid. Employers would get sick of the fiasco and fire the whole lot.

Then add in "I'm perfectly fine, but my spouse / child / parent is high risk and I can't transmit to them".

When does it stop and how is this all managed?

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2020, 12:46 pm

Dear_one wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
AspiePrincess611 wrote:
Goodbye.

Thank you.

So, you admit that you lie readily?

No I don't lie, but I have the right to change my mind. And no, what you think means nothing to me. I don't know you and judging by your beliefs, I'm glad.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 7:32 pm

And now for something completely different ... 8O

I'm not sure if I'd love that, or hate it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 7:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
And now for something completely different ... 8O

I was really expecting a man with a tape recorder up his nose. :nerdy:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

losingit1973
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2020, 8:13 pm

Wearing the required mask in public (sold in packs of 10 for $15.) Worst shopping experience ever! Walking through the store feeling as if I was suffocating. I had to leave before I had everything. Still do not feel right. Guess I will finish shopping in another county that does not require masks.

AQ 42

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2020, 8:44 pm

losingit1973 wrote:
Wearing the required mask in public (sold in packs of 10 for $15.) Worst shopping experience ever! Walking through the store feeling as if I was suffocating. I had to leave before I had everything. Still do not feel right. Guess I will finish shopping in another county that does not require masks.

The masks are hell. I have to work 5 days a week with one of those things on. If I don't, I can't support myself. I'm going to try to make a belly-dancer style face veil. Like this one only with thicker material so the whiners don't complain:

I think I'll skip the little decorative coins though. They might be a bit annoying. I know it won't provide much protection, but I don't really care about that. I just care about being able to keep my job, work comfortably, be able to breathe, not have something tight and itchy on my face all day, and not get arrested. That sort of thing. The least restrictive covering that is still in compliance with the law.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2020, 12:04 am

My sewing machine.

Chain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jul 2020, 1:27 pm

My total lack of focus at work

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 3:05 pm

losingit1973 wrote:

Get over it. I have to wear one while doing a physically demanding factory job that I guarantee is worse than walking around shopping.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2020, 5:56 pm

burnout

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 12:42 am

Two bag boys at the grocer's just hanging out and talking, maskless, and crowding the only exit from the shielded cash station. I'm thinking of carrying a tape measure and poking it at people closer than 2m.
I have almost gotten over the stress from a party next door on Saturday that replaced a nap with adrenalin for me.
I also got heat stress, but recognized it and fixed the issue.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2020, 12:47 am

NOT sleeping.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

itz_personal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jul 2020, 6:47 pm

I'm a 'shielded' patient during Covid. So being indoors today made me slightly stressed and edgy by 10am, as I hadn't been out for a few days. Despite the weather forecast not beng so good, i changed my plans and work for the day and instead cycled with it and my laptop to the park where I worked under the shelter of a tree. With a Thermos of hot tea and salad for lunch, I had a great time.