Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 7:56 am

I seem to think for me, its quite a difficult question to ask even though for some people it may not. I seem to think it must be impossible to enjoy and live life without there being stress and other obstacles to overcome which must occur probably every day. I feel like the only one when it comes to thinking of people younger than me (30) who are right now in their early and mid twenties living life stress free and enjoying every single day and moment of it while at the same time I envy those younger than me who are in higher jobs such as business managers and owners which must surely have stress that comes along with those jobs and now think 'Well would I want to do that job?' and a part of me thinks 'Maybe not' but still it envies me only because of people's circumstances of where they are right now in life at a certain age. I still fall into the trap of believing that other people's lives are perfect and stress-free when I have been told its not.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 8:40 am

Being content with what you have helps.

Refugees from Syria, say, create good times for themselves despite their circumstances.

Yet, like you, aspire to improve their lot.

timf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 9:44 am

The pursuit of fun, leisure, and entertainment are all consumptive. Taken infrequently can be enjoyable. However, a life of only consumption fosters a growing hunger than can never be satisfied.

Traditionally having a family and children creates a situation where one is forced to be giving rather than taking. At first glance this can seem disadvantageous and is probably why so many seek to avoid marriage and children. However, there are deeper and richer levels of experience in the realm of giving over the realm of taking.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 5:04 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to think for me, its quite a difficult question to ask even though for some people it may not. I seem to think it must be impossible to enjoy and live life without there being stress and other obstacles to overcome which must occur probably every day. I feel like the only one when it comes to thinking of people younger than me (30) who are right now in their early and mid twenties living life stress free and enjoying every single day and moment of it while at the same time I envy those younger than me who are in higher jobs such as business managers and owners which must surely have stress that comes along with those jobs and now think 'Well would I want to do that job?' and a part of me thinks 'Maybe not' but still it envies me only because of people's circumstances of where they are right now in life at a certain age. I still fall into the trap of believing that other people's lives are perfect and stress-free when I have been told its not.

I’ve been in and out of psych wards since I was 18. I’m 29 now and will be 30 in June. My 20s have been nothing but stressful.