Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 11:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
@ Ashley: Maybe you could ask the mods to let you start a new account under your new identity ... ?

Would that be helpful?

No, I've put in far too much to have to start out from zero posts again. Besides, this way people I am familiar with know it is me.

Ersatz Einstein
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Aug 2020, 11:01 am

You can change your gender in your profile without deleting the account. (That's what I did when I realized I was trans.)

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 2:09 am

Ersatz Einstein wrote:
You can change your gender in your profile without deleting the account. (That's what I did when I realized I was trans.)

You can? How? I can't find it.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:39 am

KyleTheGhost wrote:
Ersatz Einstein wrote:

You can? How? I can't find it.

Click "My Account" at the top of the screen, then click "Edit Profile" on the left side of the screen. Scroll down and you should find a field saying "Gender" under Contact Information, where you can click a box to choose either Male or Female, then simply scroll down the bottom and click "Update Profile". I assume this would work.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:42 am

Bradleigh wrote:
I assume this would work.

yeah.....one would certainly think so...

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 7:47 am

I don't find it in either (in mine). Perhaps a request to a Mod? I find this post from 2011 which indicates to me that it could be done at one time (in some way). Clearly the forum software is binary-fixed-biased. :? It needs an update!

viewtopic.php?t=160651

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 9:56 am

I too can’t find “gender” as an option to change in my profile. I would like to, since I’ve realized I’m agender. Or if there are only two options (I don’t remember, it’s been almost a decade since I joined, I think), at least un-check “female” and just not choose one so it isn’t displayed.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"