My husband just died, guys after me already...

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 7:49 pm

See, not only did my husband pass away, but so did my uncles girlfriend recently.

Now not only was creepy guy texting me, but also uncles girlfriend's son? Hes not being creepy and talks about his church a lot but yeah.... too soon... but do you block someone thats not being inappropriate just because they are opposite gender? Idk the etiquette on this... i mean when i younger guys didnt look at me until my husband came along but now im getting interest... 8O

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2020, 8:19 pm

Angnix wrote:
See, not only did my husband pass away, but so did my uncles girlfriend recently.

Now not only was creepy guy texting me, but also uncles girlfriend's son? Hes not being creepy and talks about his church a lot but yeah.... too soon... but do you block someone thats not being inappropriate just because they are opposite gender? Idk the etiquette on this... i mean when i younger guys didnt look at me until my husband came along but now im getting interest... 8O

I think the simple thing to do is to kindly tell the person that it's too soon and that you are still mourning your husband and not interested. Most people (even creeps) will move on.

Juljace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Jan 2020, 9:33 pm

I agree. I went through it myself after my husband died. They come out of the wood work. Give yourself time.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 5:16 am

In some species, beta males attempt to kill the alpha so his females become available again.

Welcome to the jungle.

How old are you btw?

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 6:38 am

I'm sorry, I'm grieving, I'll continue this conversation when I'm ready, and you'll know when I do. Teasing: If the person has ASD - In case you need specifics: Don't contact me, I'll contact you. (which isn't quite true, b/c you may not mind mild (appropriate) contact; I guess one might describe that.)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

12 Jan 2020, 8:12 am

He is propably lonely and grieving. The family has taken a hit. He could be worried about you.

Whale_Tuune
Raven
Raven

12 Jan 2020, 11:50 am

Be firm and say that you are still mourning and do not want to date. It's very inconsiderate of them to try to hit on you so soon after he passed. I'm really sorry for your loss, as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 12:57 pm

You should block that creepy guy, no use interacting with him, it will only encourage him. As for the other guy you could certainly mention you still need time to move on, if they seem like they are interested...but from what you posted I cannot say if that is the case or if they are just being friendly.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 1:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
In some species, beta males attempt to kill the alpha so his females become available again.

Welcome to the jungle.

How old are you btw?

If your age is accurate on here, same exact age as you... being a 37yo widow sucks :(

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 5:39 pm

Angnix wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Welcome to the jungle.

How old are you btw?

If your age is accurate on here, same exact age as you... being a 37yo widow sucks :(

I think Boo and other males are actually trying to determine how "hot" or in-demand you are to draw all this attention.

On a seperate note, are you sure you are not misreading signals? younger men these days communicate via texting so could it be his way of displaying concern for your welfare? or is the language "pick up" ?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2020, 6:13 pm

If people are coming onto you via text, you could always just ignore them. You don't owe them a response.

If they try to escalate anything after that, you can block them.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 11:17 am

Angnix wrote:
being a 37yo widow sucks :(

Hugs

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 12:44 pm

Angnix wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Welcome to the jungle.

How old are you btw?

I assume your hubby was much older?

My condolences btw, fellow 37.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2020, 1:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Angnix wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Welcome to the jungle.

How old are you btw?

I assume your hubby was much older?

My condolences btw, fellow 37.

He was 58 but had a lot of illnesses, like someone much older, in fact people thought he was even older

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2020, 5:19 pm

I talked to the second gut at length yesterday... not creepy and we have things in common but well... very talkative to where i just wanted to sleep...