Abducted girl rescued hours after Amber alert

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 12:46 pm

vermontsavant and mods --

I wonder if you'd be able to edit or delete the post where you listed this young victim's name, to protect her privacy.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 1:18 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I wonder if you'd be able to edit or delete the post where you listed this young victim's name, to protect her privacy.
it's on the news anyway but I will try to edit it if I can.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 1:23 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I can't edit it ,it's to late but everyone in the whole state of Massachusetts knows her name anyway,she was abducted in a city of 150,000 people and her name is all over the news.

But Mods can edit the post if they want,I have no problem with that,but like I said everyone already knows who she is.Her family was on "Good morning America".

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 1:32 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I can't edit it ,it's to late but everyone in the whole state of Massachusetts knows her name anyway,she was abducted in a city of 150,000 people and her name is all over the news.

But Mods can edit the post if they want,I have no problem with that,but like I said everyone already knows who she is.Her family was on "Good morning America".

Wow -- poor kid. I guess because of the Amber Alert everyone knows her name.

Thanks for trying.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 1:47 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Thanks for trying.
You could send a PM to MOD,they might be able to edit it,but like I said a state of 6 million people have likely heard her name anyways and I doubt anyone on WP would stalk her and she is to young for social media anyway.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 1:51 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Thanks for trying.
You could send a PM to MOD,they might be able to edit it,but like I said a state of 6 million people have likely heard her name anyways and I doubt anyone on WP would stalk her and she is to young for social media anyway.

It's OK -- I'm not upset about it, or upset with you. I don't know the story at all and just thought if her name could be deleted quickly from the post it would be a nice gesture, but it seems she's already a well-known name where you live.

I hope she gets lifelong counselling for what happened. :(

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 1:54 pm

Good example of an awesome use of the cell phone. Hope I remember that next time I see something scary.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 3:01 pm

All such criminals should get life or be kept somewhere in which they'll have no possible contact with children. I don't think rehabilitation is possible or, at least, it's not worth the risk.

What we're currently doing is not working.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 3:08 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
All such criminals should get life or be kept somewhere in which they'll have no possible contact with children. I don't think rehabilitation is possible or, at least, it's not worth the risk.

This guy is looking at kidnapping,three sexual assault charges and will likely never get out and will have to be in solitary confinement for his own safety.He will definatley be punished severely.I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself in prison.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 3:11 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

This guy is looking at kidnapping,three sexual assault charges and will likely never get out and will have to be in solitary confinement for his own safety.He will definatley be punished severely.I wouldn't be surprised if he kills himself in prison.

Let the girl's family at him to save time and taxpayers' money. ^

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 3:19 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

People have done that,it's happened before.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 3:22 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I say dress him in a mini skirt and wig then drop him on a street corner in Holyoke.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 4:59 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I say dress him in a mini skirt and wig then drop him on a street corner in Holyoke.
Well,that wouldn't do much because there a lot of transvestite hookers in Holyoke,Holyoke and Springfield are known for transvestite prostitutes.

When I was about 18 or so I accidently picked up a hooker in drag and luckely got pulled over by the Springfield police.The cop asked me,"your just giving your girlfriend a ride home right" and I said yes,the cop said,well your girlfriend is a guy,think about that.So I was out of there quik.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 5:03 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Well,that wouldn't do much because there a lot of transvestite hookers in Holyoke,Holyoke and Springfield are known for transvestite prostitutes.

When I was about 18 or so I accidently picked up a hooker in drag and luckely got pulled over by the Springfield police.The cop asked me,"your just giving your girlfriend a ride home right" and I said yes,the cop said,well your girlfriend is a guy,think about that.So I was out of there quik.

That doesn't surprise me there are alot there, question I was thinking was whether or not the hookers in drag got beat up or sodomized much.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 8:56 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Probably that kind of notoriety makes her safer. Like the last kid an abductor or other form of creep would want to be anywhere near.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2020, 10:38 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:

That doesn't surprise me there are alot there, question I was thinking was whether or not the hookers in drag got beat up or sodomized much.

Prostitution is dangerous but I have never heard of transvestite prostitutes being picked on on particular.At night it's hard to tell who's who anyway or some may carry guns,I don't really know ,I'm not an expert on street life.