State of emergency: High tension in Virginia as right-wing

Page 8 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:27 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
You prove my point that you just see racism and race everywhere. Desperately trying to cover for your own racism.

I stated two historical facts and no I'm not racist against white people....next

Wrong. And you're racist against brown people.

The war started because Lincoln put a blocade on his own states to enforce the collection of export taxes of fifty % which is insane The first deaths of the civil war were Lincoln's army shooting into a crowd of civilians in Maryland.

Fort Sumpter was a naval fort in the water collecting the new tariffs. It was attacked bc South Carolina had seceded and so should not have to pay the tax as it was no longer part of the United States. They had had a secession movement since the 1830s. It was resolved by reducing the tax. Lincoln returned the tax and then some and SC returned to seceding.

Lincoln was pressured to preserve the union to preserve the taxes as the south only 25% of the population was paying 87% of the taxes and nearly the entirety of it was spent on the north. Mainly New York. Yankees wanted a rail line to California. They were in competition with s line from new Orleans. Their economic dominance depended on being connected first.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:29 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
General Lee was a hero against the North's war of aggression. Only fantasist liberals just see race everywhere cause they are the real racists.

Historical fact 1 - The primary catalyst for secession was slavery, most immediately the political battle over the right of Southerners to bring slavery into western territory that had hitherto been free under the terms of the Missouri Compromise or while part of Mexico. Another factor for secession and the formation of the Confederacy, was white Southern nationalism which was seperate to the union "American nationalism". Almost all historians agree on this

Historical Fact 2 -The war began when the Confederates bombarded Union soldiers at Fort Sumter, South Carolina on April 12, 1861.

Every recognised historian in the US agrees race was the primary factor in the south wanting secession and that the confederates were the instigators who started the war. General Lee was therefore both a white nationalist and a traitor

It isn't politically correct to mention actual facts about the War of Southern Treachery. You're supposed to peddle the politically correct Lost Cause BS. Image

Ironically calling people traitors cause they refused to be bullied by the more powerful force via economic sanctions sure seems a bit Nazish

You can trot out whatever twisted logic you'd like to defend the south's war to defend the institution of slavery, it won't change what you're defending.

Where did I defend slavery? :lol:

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
You prove my point that you just see racism and race everywhere. Desperately trying to cover for your own racism.

I stated two historical facts and no I'm not racist against white people....next

https://www.baltimoresun.com/maryland/b ... story.html

Troops fired on anti war demonstrators.

The Missouri Compromise wasn't about ending slavery. It was about assuring the new states being added would not be slaves state so that the north would not have to compete with the southern slaves to build the rail lines. It didn't matter as they would end up using Chinese slaves anyway.

Lincolns problem with slaves wasn't that they were humans enslaved to work for free. It was that they were black and living among whites.

Lincoln Said "Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man"

'There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races … A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas"

They were so racist they didn't want black people to even exist in the new states. Lincoln tried to re settle freed slaves outside of the United states.

The Missouri compromise is the classic sh*t they teach in 6th grade. 2/3 of the south didn't have any slaves. You can look at soldiers letters and no one wrote home about wanting preserve slavery esp when they didn't own any themselves. 43% of the union army were foreign immigrants or free black men. Of that 17.5% were Germans or Irish mercenaries.

Last edited by JohnPowell on 21 Jan 2020, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:35 pm

Next.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:36 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
General Lee was a hero against the North's war of aggression. Only fantasist liberals just see race everywhere cause they are the real racists.

Historical fact 1 - The primary catalyst for secession was slavery, most immediately the political battle over the right of Southerners to bring slavery into western territory that had hitherto been free under the terms of the Missouri Compromise or while part of Mexico. Another factor for secession and the formation of the Confederacy, was white Southern nationalism which was seperate to the union "American nationalism". Almost all historians agree on this

Historical Fact 2 -The war began when the Confederates bombarded Union soldiers at Fort Sumter, South Carolina on April 12, 1861.

Every recognised historian in the US agrees race was the primary factor in the south wanting secession and that the confederates were the instigators who started the war. General Lee was therefore both a white nationalist and a traitor

It isn't politically correct to mention actual facts about the War of Southern Treachery. You're supposed to peddle the politically correct Lost Cause BS. Image

Ironically calling people traitors cause they refused to be bullied by the more powerful force via economic sanctions sure seems a bit Nazish

You can trot out whatever twisted logic you'd like to defend the south's war to defend the institution of slavery, it won't change what you're defending.

I see you're still struggling to comprehend what you read. I never accused you of defending slavery.

Let's try reading it slowly:

What you've been accused of defending is the War of Southern Treachery, which was fought for the sole purpose of defending the institution of slavery upon which the south's economy was dependent.

You can lie about the south's motives all you like, but it won't alter their own words in their letters of secession.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 2:54 pm

It was never about brown people. The slaves were a means to an end - money. The South asked for a brief period of time to become financially solvent, but the North knew they did not want the South to have that financial bump. They fought to prevent that from happening, under the auspices of Emancipation. It was another one of the big lies the US fed the world to try and convince them that they weren't as savage as they really were.

The good byproduct of this farce is that slaves were freed. Then, we couldn't go back. But, it was always about money.

I've forgotten a lot of what my grandmother told me. And history has been re-written to suit today's needs. But, nothing has changed since God's time when we were instructed in Amos to let justice flow on, like a river. There is no justice, there is no excuse. There is just money and what people are and are not willing to do for it. We're all gonna have to wait till the next life for the truth and true justice.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 3:25 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

The war started because Lincoln put a blocade on his own states to enforce the collection of export taxes of fifty % which is insane The first deaths of the civil war were Lincoln's army shooting into a crowd of civilians in Maryland.

Fort Sumpter was a naval fort in the water collecting the new tariffs. It was attacked bc South Carolina had seceded and so should not have to pay the tax as it was no longer part of the United States. They had had a secession movement since the 1830s. It was resolved by reducing the tax. Lincoln returned the tax and then some and SC returned to seceding.

Lincoln was pressured to preserve the union to preserve the taxes as the south only 25% of the population was paying 87% of the taxes and nearly the entirety of it was spent on the north. Mainly New York. Yankees wanted a rail line to California. They were in competition with s line from new Orleans. Their economic dominance depended on being connected first.

Slavery was lucrative for New York because they had a lot of business ties with the south. Cotton was 40 percent of New York City exports and a hidden slave trade thrived. Thus New York was a Democrat “Copperhead” state that favored negotiating a peace treaty with the south. The outbreak of the civil war brought talk of succession. In a city with longstanding racial tension and conflict the Emancipation Proclamation stoked fears of freed slaves taking white jobs. When Lincoln instituted a draft an insurrection second in American history only to the Civil War itself resulted. Blacks and people and institutions associated with the Republican Party were targeted.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:20 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
'There is a natural disgust in the minds of nearly all white people to the idea of indiscriminate amalgamation of the white and black races … A separation of the races is the only perfect preventive of amalgamation, but as an immediate separation is impossible, the next best thing is to keep them apart where they are not already together. If white and black people never get together in Kansas, they will never mix blood in Kansas"
They were so racist they didn't want black people to even exist in the new states. Lincoln tried to re settle freed slaves outside of the United states.

And of course southerners loved blacks :roll:

There is an irony in your invoking Lincoln's speeches because it gets to the heart of what I have said for a long time that unconcious bias in most of the population against black Americans has developed over centuries which is why even liberals like Lyndon B Johnson revealed serious bias himself when using language to describe black voters. There is nothing surprising here in what Lincoln thought, he was a product of his time.

It does not absolve the south or general Lee and the fundemental reasons they had for wanting to continue indenture and servitude. The economic reliance of southern land owners on slavery has always been the root of their secession ,movement. You are going against historical consensus.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I see you're still struggling to comprehend what you read. I never accused you of defending slavery.

Let's try reading it slowly:

What you've been accused of defending is the War of Southern Treachery, which was fought for the sole purpose of defending the institution of slavery upon which the south's economy was dependent.

You can lie about the south's motives all you like, but it won't alter their own words in their letters of secession.

Everything you have said is based on the lie that the war was about slavery and the South were traitors.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:28 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Slavery was lucrative for New York because they had a lot of business ties with the south. Cotton was 40 percent of New York City exports and a hidden slave trade thrived. Thus New York was a Democrat “Copperhead” state that favored negotiating a peace treaty with the south. The outbreak of the civil war brought talk of succession. In a city with longstanding racial tension and conflict the Emancipation Proclamation stoked fears of freed slaves taking white jobs. When Lincoln instituted a draft an insurrection second in American history only to the Civil War itself resulted. Blacks and people and institutions associated with the Republican Party were targeted.

Lincoln's ultimate plan following emancipation was voluntary deportation back to Africa. I think he and many whites who supported emancipation saw a conflict between the institution of slavery and the US constitution. But white christians ultimately had to settle for segregation as freed slaves had no idea of their identity other than Americans thanks to the centuries of psychological trauma in obliterating their memory of their names, tribes, culture, religion. I think the term is psychological genocide.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And of course southerners loved blacks :roll:

There is an irony in your invoking Lincoln's speeches because it gets to the heart of what I have said for a long time that unconcious bias in most of the population against black Americans has developed over centuries which is why even liberals like Lyndon B Johnson revealed serious bias himself when using language to describe black voters. There is nothing surprising here in what Lincoln thought, he was a product of his time.

It does not absolve the south or general Lee and the fundemental reasons they had for wanting to continue indenture and servitude. The economic reliance of southern land owners on slavery has always been the root of their secession ,movement. You are going against historical consensus.

More strawman. Everyone pretty much was racist then. The only problem is people like you have shown that same kind of racism towards Arabs now days. You've not learned much.

Yeah like there's a consensus that the war in Afghanistan was for women's rights, Iraq to save Kurds, Kosovo cause of 'genocide', Libya cause of viagra, Syria cause of gas attacks.. blah blah. There's always a sugar coated, mindless slogan tripe reasons given for war cause the real reasons don't paint the "right" picture. Just debunked all of your tripe.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:42 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Yeah like there's a consensus that the war in Afghanistan was for women's rights, Iraq to save Kurds, Kosovo cause of 'genocide', Libya cause of viagra, Syria cause of gas attacks.. blah blah. There's always a sugar coated, mindless slogan tripe reasons given for war cause the real reasons don't paint the "right" picture. Just debunked all of your tripe.

When you go against academic consensus the burden of proof is on you not me. As per occams razor you therefore can't can't debunk what is commonly agreed upon. Debunking works the other way around where I can debunk your argument based on agreed evidence whereas you are drawing upon largely fringe/anecdotal information to struggle to make a case that is seen as "alternative":.

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:52 pm

cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

When you go against academic consensus the burden of proof is on you not me. As per occams razor you therefore can't can't debunk what is commonly agreed upon. Debunking works the other way around where I can debunk your argument based on agreed evidence whereas you are drawing upon largely fringe/anecdotal information to struggle to make a case that is seen as "alternative":.

I say the sky is brown, it's your job to prove me wrong, CD :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:57 pm

Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

That's not how scientific proof works

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 4:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Bravo5150 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

That's not how scientific proof works

Didn't you get the :lol: at the end of my comment? I was making a joke out of your buddy's comments to you.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2020, 5:33 pm

Ok :lol: