Film Where Elite Liberals Hunt deplorables uncancelled

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 3:20 pm

Universal to release in March ‘The Hunt,’ denounced by President Trump

Quote:
Universal Pictures, owned by Comcast, has decided to release its controversial movie The Hunt on March 13.

Universal had originally planned to release The Hunt in September 2019 but pulled the movie from its schedule in August after an uproar surrounding its content — the original marketing campaign featured a group of “deplorables” being hunted by urban elites.

Universal canceled the release following complaints from conservative media and angry social media posts from President Trump, who said in a tweet that the movie demonstrated that "liberal Hollywood is Racist at the highest level, and with great Anger and Hate.”

The decision also followed a series of mass shootings in Gilroy, Calif.; El Paso, Texas; and Dayton, Ohio. The movie is loosely based on the Richard Connell short story “The Most Dangerous Game,” about a wealthy man who hunts humans for sport.

The movie will be released Friday the 13th, with a new ad campaign that emphasizes the movie’s satirical tone, and also makes it appear its sympathies are on the side of the hunted (including Ike Barinholtz). Hilary Swank is positioned as the movie’s villain, organizer of the hunt, which also appears to be

The new trailer for the The Hunt says, “The most talked about movies of the year is one nobody’s seen ... yet” and shows several kidnapped people being led into a rural setting where they are provided with guns to defend themselves.

“Every year these liberal elites kidnap a bunch of normal folks like us and hunt us for sport,” says one character.

The trailer appears to show the abductees defending themselves using violent means, and hints that director Craig Zobel’s movie may be intended as a media satire. As for its political leanings, if any, the trailers asks viewers to “Decide for Yourself.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 13 Feb 2020, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 3:29 pm

Isn't this kind of old news....

Heard about this months ago.

*nevermind, guess it being uncancelled is recent news. That said I still think it seems like a dumb movie and I have no real desire to watch it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 3:34 pm

The movie was pulled last year after conservative snowflakes were offended. Now it is being released and branded differently

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 4:06 pm

I guess that I must be a super snowflake. Just kidding. I think it's stupid that films are constantly being canceled just so some precious feelings can be protected on any side. I remember looking forward to watching The Red Pill just to find out that it wasn't going to be shown. I like films that are of a political nature. I want to see this film now that it's uncancelled.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 4:21 pm

Just looks like yet another totally gore focused horror movie, with a disappointing plot/story-line. I like to watch movies I enjoy and movies where the basic plot is people getting murdered in horrific ways aren't really all that enjoyable to watch it turns out.

I did not care for those Saw movies one bit, and this seems like it goes in the same kind of category. I suppose Hostel was ok seemed to have a better plot but still I never want to see it again. But to each their own...I strongly abide by if I don't like it than I don't have to watch it but I should have no say if other people do.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 5:08 pm

I want to hear how it is from our resident movie buffs. There was a Tarzan story incorporating a similar plot line; it's a standard for dystopian authors.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 5:21 pm

pretty moronic idea for a film but if i can avoid giving them money i'll watch it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 8:26 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The movie was pulled last year after conservative snowflakes were offended. Now it is being released and branded differently

That's not accurate.

"The film’s promotion was temporarily halted this week in deference to the shootings in Dayton and El Paso"
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... bles-trump

Be the hero of your life.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2020, 8:55 pm

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 12:38 am

I don't see much difference in this and The Purge movies. Let it be...

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 3:31 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I don't see much difference in this and The Purge movies. Let it be...

They are both from Blumhouse Productions

TheRobotLives wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

That's not accurate.

"The film’s promotion was temporarily halted this week in deference to the shootings in Dayton and El Paso"
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... bles-trump

Same thing, a bunch of offended self appointed censors use violent incidents to try and shutdown freedom of expression they don't like. As often the case the self-appointed censors do not take into account context or as in this case are completely wrong. The Hunt's message if you can call it that is similar to theirs liberal elites bad, conservatives victims of them. Many conservatives have spent the last 3 decades correctly decrying political correctness and screaming "free speech", "free speech" and "snowflake", "snowflake" when done by SJW's and their enablers now turn around and want to do the same damn thing. The President got elected in part by playing on with the emotions of people who feel censored. Hypocrisy needs to be called out, censorship needs to be called out NO MATTER WHO DOES IT.

Speaking of hypocrisy for decades the most horror films have centered around people getting gored during or shortly after casual sex. Not to many objections from the right.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 4:37 am

I will only watch it if they eat the deplorables after killing them. I have standards.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 5:06 am

^ they need to follow it up with a cookbook. The Hunt:How to Prepare your Kill.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 5:09 am

^ and the accompanying Netflix series: 101 things to do with a human spleen.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 7:32 am

Karamazov wrote:
^ and the accompanying Netflix series: 101 things to do with a human spleen.

That would be great if it was done by Bubba from Forest Gump.

"You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, spleen-kabobs, spleen creole, spleen gumbo, pineapple spleen, lemon spleen, coconut spleen, pepper spleen, spleen soup, spleen stew, spleen salad..."

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2020, 7:37 am

Persephone, Ezra...this is wonderful.

My question. Aren't your typical Hollywood liberals usually vegan?