Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Jenndee33
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Feb 2020, 10:37 am

Hi! I’m new here 40yo self-diagnosed after looking into it- getting really depressed and ignoring symptoms over and over over many years. I think I do that because when I read so many accounts and share so many traits then hear things like “they are just pretend”, “they are faking social skills to get by” it makes me feel like I’m not a real person. I feel like my life is a big lie. But it seems very real to me so does it matter? Then, “yeah, when you don’t have a single friend” it kind of does. Anyway.....
I’ve been trying to find some resources to help me in my relationship with my husband who often feels I don’t love him when I’m not being very affectionate or not talking. Then I have these “mini-meltdowns” with my kids when they are not ready to go at the exact time we leave each morning. I usually yell and scream but once we are all in the car it is over. I’m not mad but they don’t get it. I’ve read a couple of books on women with asd but I really don’t identify with many of them. Also, how do you all feel about a professional diagnosis vs self diagnosing? Would there really be any benefit at my age besides it being official? Thanks!