Animal Crossing New Horizons thread

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

enz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2020, 4:33 pm

2 weeks to go it's going so slow. We've waited so long for this game

What are you planning to do when you get the game?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 1:19 pm

I finally got the game Friday. It's been sold out here, so I was glad when I finally got a copy.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but I really like it so far (which I assumed I would). How are you liking it, enz?

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2020, 6:23 pm

I managed to get the app that allows me to alter the island a few days ago, so been able to start figuring out what I want the layout I want. Having all the animal villager houses bunched together on the right of my plaza a residential sector, and a main street going left that has the shop, tailors and museum going along it.

I did manage to make and collect everything for Bunny day, so I consider that an accomplishment.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 2:49 am

My island is covered in fruit trees

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2020, 1:46 pm

My island is an apple island. I've also gotten cherries and coco nuts from Nook miles ticket trips.

I haven't gotten to the terraforming part yet, not sure what I wanna do with my island when I do...

Apparently there is a new free update tomorrow... Probably Leif, at least he was in the thumbnail...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 2:38 am

Skilpadde wrote:
My island is an apple island. I've also gotten cherries and coco nuts from Nook miles ticket trips.

I haven't gotten to the terraforming part yet, not sure what I wanna do with my island when I do...

Apparently there is a new free update tomorrow... Probably Leif, at least he was in the thumbnail...

I got them from visiting others islands.
The nook trips just always take me to islands with my native fruit.

Terraforming is after you beat the game I think.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2020, 4:29 am

Skilpadde wrote:
I finally got the game Friday. It's been sold out here, so I was glad when I finally got a copy.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but I really like it so far (which I assumed I would). How are you liking it, enz?

Haha it's slow to start isn't it?

Graphics are beautiful I'm getting used to building my town the way I want it

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2020, 7:31 pm

sly279 wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

I got them from visiting others islands.
The nook trips just always take me to islands with my native fruit.

Terraforming is after you beat the game I think.
I think I got my cherries on the first Nook miles ticket. Since then I have only seen apples on those islands until this evening.
I just went on several Nook miles ticket trips, and came to an island with cherries again. Yay!
I also found one with bamboo, so I dug up some shoots, and I also ate some coconuts so I could dig up a few bamboo plants, which I have planted on my island just now.

Oh, okay, seems terraforming is out of my reach for now.

enz wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:

Haha it's slow to start isn't it?

Graphics are beautiful I'm getting used to building my town the way I want it

Yeah it sure is slow to start!

It looks great. And I'm so glad there is no grass deterioration! (at least my grass looks the same still, and that seems to be the feedback everywhere)
The quality of life improvements are also good, like something as simple as money from trees and rocks going to your wallet and not having to be manually removed from your pocket.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 12:43 pm

I must say that I far preferred the music in New Leaf though

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 1:40 pm

I miss the island challenges like scavenger hunts. I wonder how much they will add to the game since Redd is back now..

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2020, 11:50 am

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
I miss the island challenges like scavenger hunts. I wonder how much they will add to the game since Redd is back now..

Yeah, it was fun to have Tortimer's island to go to, and play and catch bugs. I definitely wouldn't mind having a new place to go, something similar to it.

Speaking of Redd.... I didn't miss the art gallery since I'm not into art. But I recently watched a video where someone gad dedicated their island to Mario, and that made me think that it would have been awesome if the museum had a Nintendo art exhibit! With items typical of classic Nintendo games.

I miss the ability to swim and dive, like we could in New Leaf. Maybe a summer upgrade? Fingers crossed.

I think it's a missed opportunity that we can't interact more with our furniture.

And when we craft at home, it shouldn't be necessary to have the ingredients in your pocket, it should be enough that it's in storage since if you're home.

I really like how things automatically stack though.

StimWithMe
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 May 2020, 4:03 am

Skilpadde wrote:
I must say that I far preferred the music in New Leaf though

Same. I'd play at night just to listen to the music in New Leaf. The new music isn't good. I don't like it.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2020, 11:09 am

^ The New Leaf evening and night music is really lovely.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 1:44 am

I’ve been going through phases where I play for a long period of time, and then fall out of it. Compared to other games I’ve played, NH has lost my interest the quickest. I feel that Nintendo could have done much more and really make this game unique. Instead they released a somewhat early access game.

The thing I heavily dislike about NH is the behavior of the villagers. They’re automatically your best friend and adoring fan. They repeat a lot of the same dialogue, they’re too nice, and sometimes I don’t even really want to talk to them as they don’t seem like they want to talk to me.

With more updates maybe things may change, but I’m kind of disappointed.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 2:57 am

honeytoast wrote:
The thing I heavily dislike about NH is the behavior of the villagers. They’re automatically your best friend and adoring fan. They repeat a lot of the same dialogue, they’re too nice, and sometimes I don’t even really want to talk to them as they don’t seem like they want to talk to me.

In regards to not wanting to talk to the player, I feel like I have had more moments of a villager noticing me to run up and want to say something, or looking worried about something that they will tell me about if I talk to them, and a lot of other things they do by themselves or with each other. They also send letter, tell me who might own a missing item I found, talk about something I was doing recently. I already have bad social anxiety, I don't think I could stand it if the villagers were actually mean to me and made interactions unpleasant.

I have liked that the villagers have commented when I have decided to change my outfit, saying that it is cute.

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 3:24 am

Bradleigh wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

In regards to not wanting to talk to the player, I feel like I have had more moments of a villager noticing me to run up and want to say something, or looking worried about something that they will tell me about if I talk to them, and a lot of other things they do by themselves or with each other. They also send letter, tell me who might own a missing item I found, talk about something I was doing recently. I already have bad social anxiety, I don't think I could stand it if the villagers were actually mean to me and made interactions unpleasant.

I have liked that the villagers have commented when I have decided to change my outfit, saying that it is cute.

I think it’s just a personal preference. It gives more character, and it makes it a bit more worth it once you do break through that initial stranger interaction to friendship. I want the grump personalities to be grumpy. I played the Game Cube Verizon of AC recently and the difference between them and NH was astounding. They would say very petty things and really freak out if you were stung by wasps.

New Leaf had a better balance with the characters, along with Wild World - though there was some of that meanness there. There was more personality; good and bad, which can really shape up a villager and make them more memorable. But I understand how unpleasant it can be. I remember how mad I got a villager for calling me ugly or something when I was a child.

I don’t really get letters or them running up to me unless they are going to give me a new emotion to learn. Maybe I should return to it, but I just wish there was a little more to do?

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?