04 Mar 2020, 1:03 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
bernie.

friends voted or will vote for bernie.

pressuring my family to do the same

BERN IT DOWN

:mrgreen:

I mean, I think Trump is going to win this November, but it's nice to give the middle finger to our rigged economy.

So far all the indications are that any of the candidates would beat Trump. Biden has the best chance though.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 1:15 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
bernie.

BERN IT DOWN

I mean, I think Trump is going to win this November, but it's nice to give the middle finger to our rigged economy.

So far all the indications are that any of the candidates would beat Trump. Biden has the best chance though.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Same indications that Hillary was? :lol: Polls aren't there to measure intention they are there to influence it. Biden has zero chance. Trump has been in office so that accusation of no experience is gone. Biden is senile and a massive embarrassment. Trump will eat him alive and Biden will continue to make gaffe after gaffe.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Mar 2020, 2:58 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
bernie.

BERN IT DOWN

Same indications that Hillary was? :lol: Polls aren't there to measure intention they are there to influence it. Biden has zero chance. Trump has been in office so that accusation of no experience is gone. Biden is senile and a massive embarrassment. Trump will eat him alive and Biden will continue to make gaffe after gaffe.

That’s an interesting opinion John. Certainly anyone who thinks any of Biden, Sanders or Trump has “zero chance” is being overconfident. At this point I’d give each of them about a one in three chance, with Biden having slightly more and Sanders slightly less. Whoever wins the nomination will probably have twice the chance of becoming president than the incumbent.

Trump can’t really attack someone for being gaffe-prone as he’s spent the past four years making near constant gaffes. People who dislike Trump aren’t going to suddenly be attracted to him because Biden occasionally misspeaks.

Remember Trump won very narrowly. It only takes small things changing to swing that back.

A poorly-designed poll can tell you very little, but well-designed polls can tell you a lot. Experts can even correct for the biases in polls. You’ll probably enjoy Nate Silver’s writings on the matter but there are many other experts you could read - John Curtice is the big one in the UK of course.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 3:03 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
bernie.

BERN IT DOWN

That’s an interesting opinion John. Certainly anyone who thinks any of Biden, Sanders or Trump has “zero chance” is being overconfident. At this point I’d give each of them about a one in three chance, with Biden having slightly more and Sanders slightly less. Whoever wins the nomination will probably have twice the chance of becoming president than the incumbent.

Trump can’t really attack someone for being gaffe-prone as he’s spent the past four years making near constant gaffes. People who dislike Trump aren’t going to suddenly be attracted to him because Biden occasionally misspeaks.

Remember Trump won very narrowly. It only takes small things changing to swing that back.

A poorly-designed poll can tell you very little, but well-designed polls can tell you a lot. Experts can even correct for the biases in polls. You’ll probably enjoy Nate Silver’s writings on the matter but there are many other experts you could read - John Curtice is the big one in the UK of course.

I don’t think the things Trump says are gaffes. They appear to be carefully and meticulously planned.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 3:26 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Alterity wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
I voted BIll Weld in the Republican primary, I couldn't help Bernie defeat Joe Biden because I'm not registered Democrat.

I really hope I don't have to choose between Trump and Biden in November.I don't like either one at all.

Uhh are you still in VT?

Vermont has an open primary. This means a registered voter can vote in any party primary regardless of their own party affiliation. You can only pick one, and your choice is recorded but if you wanted to vote for Bernie, you would have been allowed to ask for the Democrat ballot.
I moved to Mass in 2016.

Ah, your name is misleading now lol Frankly any vote not for Trump is a good vote in my book.

I went for Bernie but I could've voted for the flying spaghetti monster and the state still would have gone for him.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 3:27 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Kiprobalhato wrote:
bernie.

BERN IT DOWN

You are downplaying how bad Biden is. If it was the Biden of a few years ago he would stand a chance. It isn't just a gaffe, he is a liability. His teeth fall out during debates, and he just forgets what he was talking about, says "Joe3030030" instead of "Biden 2020". The guy should be in a home. And showed his racism by saying white people and poor (black) people.

Trump club him over the head with all of it. Trump is at his best at his rallies. People have seen that nothing really changed with Trump as President so that gives him more strength.

Sanders appeals to people who don't work rather than workers and his policies are insane.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 3:39 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Sanders appeals to people who don't work rather than workers and his policies are insane.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, I just...I can't help it, that's a really funny joke.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 4:26 pm

It wasn't a joke. The left hate the working class.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 5:40 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Just like Leslie Nielsen the more serious you try to be, the more hilarious your material becomes.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 6:12 pm

The left want open borders and to give 'free' healthcare to illegal immigrants. And they spend more time worrying about people who think they are tje opposite gender.

With real working people they just see them as racist hillbillies. You've shown it yourself. At least be true to yourself and vote Republican.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 6:26 pm

Expanding Health Care and College Education to All Folks is surely an Investment in Human Capital that cannot
Afford to Be Neglected for when it is; it leads to Less Creativity and Productivity of the Populace; and More Ignorance;
the Kind of Ignorance that is not even easily able to research the difference between Truths and Falsehoods.

Sadly, the Capital of Money and Stuff; sure, Power and Status; and all stuff of Life Shallow Still prevents the Deep
of Human Potential from Coming to Fruition More; Even More Sad is the Apathy Shown in 'Super Tuesday' by the
Younger Folks Under 30; where only 1 in 8 exercised a truly Sacred and Holy Right to Vote; to Keep Freedoms
And Expanding Rights in Tact.

Ideally, Sander's Ideas Would Catch Fire; and they really are not New; more Specifically the Reality of Universal
Healthcare for First World Countries at Least; Strange World We Live in where folks would be afraid of Universal
Health Care and College Education; but a World with 'A God of Capital' Still Rules Far away from 'the Capital
of Human Investment';

Happy Humans who Generate their own Happiness within are not ruled as much by the addictive
Nature of 'Raping and Pillaging' the Resources of Home (Earth) through Continued Over-Consumption
As they Naturally Generate what they Need from Within; but 'THAT' takes a Well-Rounded Education;
Yes, Health Care for Well Being; that is available, affordable and accessible For all; but the problem
is Inherent and inescapable as the Less Educated don't have the 'tools' to Understand 'these facts of life'.

Understanding the Character of this Nation, overall, and the Reality of the Situation i voted for Mayor Pete with a
Mail-in Ballot before he dropped out; the Day Will Come when 'a Sanders Wins' but only When the Overall Population
is ready to finally accept Help for 'the addictions of Life' as they currently stand'; if not, a Nation of Unhappiness will continue to Reign what is; And if they cannot Get Inspired enough to Vote; basically they do get what they don't vote
for too.

The Good News Is a Win by Biden May Keep Democrats in Office for the Next 16 Years;
As the Balance of what is continues, in terms of the Human Species; i based my decision on whether the Ship
continues to Sail or Sinks Sooner than soon; one thing for Sure is 'this Ship' will not able to easy Tolerate 4 more
Years of "Orange Bad News".

It Looks to me; with all the Bucks of Bloomberg's Support for the 'Safe Choice' Biden; that he more Likely will win the
Nomination now; and sway many more Republican's His way who have Choked Enough on 'Orange Funk' for now.

Boredom May Be What the Nation is Looking forward to the Next Four years most; back to status quo with more
of a 'No Drama Obama Way' that yes; may not bring much change; but at least a break from a 3 Ring Circus that
just makes no sense at all.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 7:43 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Quote:
The left want open borders and to give 'free' healthcare to illegal immigrants.

If there's anything undocumented immigrants are known for; it's being a middle/upper class, elitist, ivy league and white collar. :lol: :roll:
JohnPowell wrote:
And they spend more time worrying about people who think they are tje opposite gender.

An overwhelming proportion of the transgender population are also working class people too you know.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 7:49 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

Just like Leslie Nielsen the more serious you try to be, the more hilarious your material becomes.

And don’t call him Shirley.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 7:59 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

And don’t call him Shirley.

Surely, you can't be serious.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 10:29 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

hmmm, well I must disagree...half the left at least is working class and working poor.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2020, 11:03 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

so do the right.