Anyone else is obsessed with Covid-19 news and statistics?

Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 6:32 pm

After viewing county-by-county color-coded maps (here in CA) indicating the various levels of COVID-19 cases, I've lately felt that the levels of COVID-19 cases might act like a good barometer of counties/communities level of social-economic health e.g., desirabililty of living / working in specific geographical regions.

The regions that fare better with lower that average COVID-19 cases per capita are supposedly more desirable than those region with higher than average COVID-19 cases.

In short, color-coded COVID-19 geographical maps might just lay bare, and even redefine social-economic criteria.

Personally, the region where I'm located fares lower than average in the state of CA on COVID-19 infections. Gov. Newsom may require additional restrictions in our region soon. Our region is located within an hour of neighboring regions already requiring further restrictions.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2020, 9:48 pm

Its doing what you would expect it to do: moving like a brush fire, from region to region.

It appeared first at major transportation hubs, and now is spreading to the hinterland.

Its doing this within the United States : hammering NYC the first and the worst, as well Seattle and Chicago. And then (broadly) hitting the whole northeast, and north central staets. And now its ripping through the Sunbelt - the South and the Southwest.

And it's doing this with the planet as a whole. Vaulting from the northern part of the Far East to Western Europe, and then from Europe to NYC, and the US. But now its spreading into Russia, and also to the "sunbelt" of the planet: tropical countries like Brazil, India, and other countries in South America and Africa.

But for some reason folks are surprised that its ...doing what you would expect it to do.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2021, 7:39 pm

Quote:
Anyone Else Is Obsessed With Covid-19 News And Statistics?

Unfortunately, yes. I suppose it has become a special interest. I find myself checking the statistics multiple times a day. Plus, I watch cable news, particularly listening to expert doctors (epidemiologists, mostly) discuss the virus.