Anyone else get aesthetic vibes from old neighborhoods ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

libertine91
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2020, 7:42 pm

Whenever I go through an older residential neighborhood , I can`t help but feel aesthetic pleasure -- same kind that people get from looking at art painting ,or kind from looking at pretty flowers or even same kind of aesthetic vibes from staring at clear blue skies . I don`t why I get those vibes for but I can`t help but feel good whenever I`m in area that society considers to be bad . The houses there -- especially older ones that were built back in the 1920`s/30`s -- strike an awe in me because of the way that they were design ; theres sense of beauty in them that's hard to describe . I used to ( as an child ) live in one of those houses : it was an bungalow that was built sometime in the 1920`s I think and it had it two fireplaces and bathtub was an clawfoot -- type of bathtub that you`d see in old cartoon . It was really unique . I miss giving up there . I know area is crime - ridden and full of shadey people and what not but at same time , the people there were the realest , most honest people that you could ever imagine ( non -criminals that's is ) .I resent how people hate poorer neighborhoods just people there are not white or rich like they are ; not everyone who lives in hood are bad people . I feel weird for having an fascination with older/poorer places but to me ,those places have a lot of history to them . I feel like people often shun or overlook the beauty that those places possesses . I also get aesthetic vibes from visiting ethic neighborhoods as well -- especially the Hispanic neighborhoods in city I live in . Am I like the lone man here who feels this way or are theres others like me who share the same passions when it comes to traveling less affluent places . I wonder if beatniks felt the same way like I do since many of them would travel to Harlem and frequent the jazz clubs while over there ( in some cases , some them would actually live there ) ? :?: :mrgreen: 8)

HacKING
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Mar 2020, 3:11 am

Depends how old and how many modern objects are in my field of vision. If I can put myself back then, yes.

vaguelyhumanoid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Mar 2020, 4:39 pm

Absolutely, which makes the gentrification/yuppie construction boom in my city (Seattle) an aesthetic nightmare! Pioneer Square is the best place to take in that atmosphere here.