Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 1:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
I used to have problems socializing. Then I took acting lessons. Now, when I want to talk to someone, I ask myself "How would <fictional character name> handle this?" Then I assume a personality like that character's, and proceed. While I am not being myself, I am at least socializing and communicating.

method acting ....? 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 2:21 pm

Since diagnosis, I no longer have to put up with the biggest, meanest bully I have ever encountered in my life, as he has slowly come to realise that I deserve compassion rather than punishment for my traits.

That bully was, of course, myself.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 8:05 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
Since diagnosis, I no longer have to put up with the biggest, meanest bully I have ever encountered in my life, as he has slowly come to realise that I deserve compassion rather than punishment for my traits.

That bully was, of course, myself.

Congradulations ...

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 8:20 pm

Now the world of masking and prior to my dx .. and not understanding.. these issues But not being able to fake a mask was far worse,physical abuse as i grew . practically a major part of my life , leads me to realise that due to many events along the way ,, Growing up and having typical aspiie accident but was a complete life ending type of accident ,, which most doctors considered a miracle to come out of , much less recover, But as typical as aspie , did not understand not getting well.. so even learned too mask physical disabilities,, why not , did not know better.. Then another accident , not near as bad , but docs said if another would be a gonner.. ooppss , guess i forgot that too. So thats almost 2 different lives , and masking them all. Then you find out the basis for your personality issues ,, yet one more , life to live.. So now at least understanding and feel okay just to be me .. although dont let the world see it , So alone time is a good thing often. Or crafting and creative time/
Is met with more joy and understanding that it is a good thing for my own well being . But still not handling big changes very well..

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2020, 11:46 pm

Major anxiety over conversations - what will I say, what I could have said better, replaying, etc.
Always aware of where all the exits were.
Monotone voice, lack of a smile.
Not asking how people were, or asking about their families.
Difficulty remembering names and faces.
These all got better with age and practice, facing my fears.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2020, 6:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
as a kid i absolutely could not swallow pills. thankfully as an old man who requires lots of pills just to not be dead, i can swallow them by the handful now.

This. As a kid I couldn't take a tylenol without puking, now I can drink a handful of gelcaps without any water.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2020, 6:49 pm

Jakki wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I used to have problems socializing. Then I took acting lessons. Now, when I want to talk to someone, I ask myself "How would <fictional character name> handle this?" Then I assume a personality like that character's, and proceed. While I am not being myself, I am at least socializing and communicating.
method acting ....?
Sort of. I don't try to identify emotionally with the "role", but only try to adopt their mannerisms of speech and personality.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 12:32 am

funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
as a kid i absolutely could not swallow pills. thankfully as an old man who requires lots of pills just to not be dead, i can swallow them by the handful now.

This. As a kid I couldn't take a tylenol without puking, now I can drink a handful of gelcaps without any water.

you got me beat. :wtg:

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 1:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

hates pills much less having to swallow large amounts of them.but still am required too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2020, 12:18 am

Jakki wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

hates pills much less having to swallow large amounts of them.but still am required too.

i useta hafta use a mortal and pestle to grind up my pills and then mix 'em with some strong-flavored food to disguise the bitterness when i swallowed 'em that way. :eew:

mohsart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2020, 1:52 pm

I actually used to be able to swollow pills just as is, now I need a bit of liquid to get them down. Thankfully I don't need any pills normally, except for a bit of vitamin D during the winter time.

/Mats