Trump’s popularity highest of his presidency

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 5:29 am

CNN Poll of Polls: Trump's approval up amid coronavirus concerns

Quote:
President Donald Trump's approval now averages higher than his approval rating has been at any point in CNN's polling during his presidency, as 47% approve and 48% disapprove rating of his handling of the presidency, according to CNN's Poll of Polls.

The Poll of Polls is an average of recent national phone polling conducted among adults or registered voters.

Trump's handling of the coronavirus outbreak averages higher approval, standing at 52%, while disapproval stands at 45%.

His average approval for handling the coronavirus outbreak is sharply improved from CNN's first measure of that rating earlier this month, when 41% said they approved and 48% disapproved.

Polling has historically shown a rally effect for presidents facing a crisis, where approval ratings rise whenever the nation faces a serious challenge. The recent increase in Trump's numbers may be due to that effect, but some presidents have seen higher increases, for example, President George W. Bush's numbers after the 9/11 attacks increased about 40 percentage points

The CNN Poll of Polls is an average of the five most recent non-partisan, live operator, national surveys on Trump's approval rating among either adults or registered voters. The Poll of Polls includes: The Washington Post-ABC News poll conducted March 22-25; the Fox News poll conducted March 21-24; the Monmouth University poll conducted March 18-22; the Gallup Poll conducted March 13-22 and the NPR/PBS Newshour/Marist poll conducted March 13-14.

The Poll of Polls does not have a margin of sampling error.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Mar 2020, 7:45 am

FiveThirtyEight come to a similar conclusion, although they have him at 45-50 (-5) - my rounding.

Could Coronavirus be to Trump what 9/11 was to GWB? Or is this a short-term rally and the upcoming recession will hurt him like McCain in 2008?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 8:38 am

The_Walrus wrote:
FiveThirtyEight come to a similar conclusion, although they have him at 45-50 (-5) - my rounding.

Could Coronavirus be to Trump what 9/11 was to GWB? Or is this a short-term rally and the upcoming recession will hurt him like McCain in 2008?

I'd say the latter. The president's popularity always soars amid a crisis.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:33 am

I don’t understand.He seems more and more like a babbling idiot to me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:38 am

At least he knew he had to sign that bill.

Yes, he frequently comes across as a petty child, saying he won’t call the governors who don’t “appreciate” him.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:44 am

He's handing out trillions of dollars.

Be the hero of your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:51 am

No. Congress is.

He was FORCED to be Santa. He had no choice.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 7:45 pm

I think he only signed that trillion bill to win his votes and get more approval. Plus he wants the economy to go back to normal so that means many people will be stupid and spend their stimulus check on goods than on rent or mortgage.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:41 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I don’t understand.He seems more and more like a babbling idiot to me.

At times. :mrgreen:
But I do like the way he got tough on Communist China.
Many brownie points for that. :wink:

League_Girl wrote:
I think he only signed that trillion bill to win his votes and get more approval. Plus he wants the economy to go back to normal so that means many people will be stupid and spend their stimulus check on goods than on rent or mortgage.

That is rather harsh. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
At least he knew he had to sign that bill.

Yes, he frequently comes across as a petty child, saying he won’t call the governors who don’t “appreciate” him.

I can't disagree with that. :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:48 pm

Not surprising, since more people have been hearing/seeing him directly, instead of through the fraudulent filter of the leftist media. And that's why so many media leftists have been calling for his public briefings to be shut down or censored, because they don't want people to get a picture that hasn't been pre-filtered through them.

There Are Four Lights!

Last edited by Darmok on 28 Mar 2020, 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
No. Congress is.

He's not a fiscal conservative. He likes to spend money. I don't think he had any issues whatsoever signing a stimulus that is almost beyond comprehension it's so staggering.

I've never considered Trump to be a "Republican" and still don't. He's Democrat/Republican.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 9:49 pm

Darmok wrote:
Not surprising, since more people have been hearing/seeing him directly, instead of through the fraudulent filter of the leftist media. And that's why so many media leftists have been calling for his public briefings to be shut down or censored, because they don't want people to get a picture that hasn't been pre-filtered through them.

But you see, they're supposed to tell us what and how to think.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2020, 11:33 pm

A Current Poll From Trump's Most Favorite News Organization of all; A Fox Poll that Counts Most to Trump, of Course.

"In a head-to-head presidential matchup, Biden is up by 49-40 percent over Trump, a lead that is outside the poll’s margin of sampling error. Another 11 percent would vote for someone else or are undecided. Last month, Biden was ahead by 49-41 percent."

Perhaps Trump Will Look For Another Favorite News Organization; AS His Loyalty is Totally Colored 'Orange'..;)

If the Republicans Had Control of Both the Senate and House of Representatives; the Poorest of the Poor Would
Get Less Help than the Richer Among Us Still; And Yes; That's Still Gonna Happen Now to the Homeless 'Jesus'
Folks Who Emptied their Pockets with or without A Witting Example; Just Living off of Love and Kindness from Others.

Anyway; Close to a Thousand Bucks of Unemployment Pay Each Week Will Keep Trump's Base Happy and Green to
Get through the Virus; Meanwhile, it's kinda Obvious Now Who Has Character and Who Has a little Bit more....

The Worst Possible Choice of a Leader, is one with little to no Empathy who cares about His own Selfish
Desires Most; That's Not the Kind of Leader Who takes Care of A Whole Tribe For Success;

The 'Fifth Avenue' Type, who doesn't even have to Fool His Crowd;
Ain't Life Grand, Full of Empty Pocket 'Souls'. Yes; Life is Good When it's Set Free.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-ne ... -vp-pledge

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2020, 12:27 am

Magna wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
No. Congress is.

He's not a fiscal conservative. He likes to spend money. I don't think he had any issues whatsoever signing a stimulus that is almost beyond comprehension it's so staggering.

I've never considered Trump to be a "Republican" and still don't. He's Democrat/Republican.

That does seem to be his style.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2020, 12:31 am

aghogday wrote:
The Worst Possible Choice of a Leader, is one with little to no Empathy who cares about His own Selfish
Desires Most; That's Not the Kind of Leader Who takes Care of A Whole Tribe For Success;

Wasn't Trump responsible for a hell-of-a-lot of non-whites finding employment? :scratch: