Fox News concerned about “potential legal action.”

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 3:23 am

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/30/fox-ne ... ge-report/

Good.

Although I don’t really see it happening, but I do like the fact that they’re concerned their lies about this could have consequences.

If only they went on the air admitted all their lies about this. That’s be more beneficial than any lawsuit against them for it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 5:06 am

I don't think much of Fox, but I think even less of Salon.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 8:03 am

Unfortunately Trump can't pardon in civil court :lol: :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 8:22 am

The only use I find for Fox News is as a counter-weight to Alternet. Where they agree may be found the truth.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 12:39 pm

I'll stick with RT and Pravda.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 12:46 pm

There is no Izvestia in Pravda, and no Pravda in Izvestia.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 2:55 pm

The words legal action are scary as hell. Then as if that isn't frightening enough in the article there is a person quoted who says 'legal bloodbath' horrible term.

I know Fox News gets zillions of dollars from investors including traitors called Arab sheikhs of UAE etc.

I wonder whether a settlement can happen with such a scenario. But who gets the money?

Idle thoughts anyway

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 2:56 pm

EzraS wrote:
I don't think much of Fox, but I think even less of Salon.

I agree.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 6:21 pm

Whilst I understand that the USA is viewed as highly litigious, wouldn't this sort of case require that the reporting on Fox was not in line with the official government guidelines regarding the Virus at the time they were first broadcast?

I know it's easy to use hindsight to find fault, but I am curious as to whether the "potential legal action" is based on hindsight or a discrepency between official guidelines and the reporting of the issue at a specific point in time?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 8:12 pm

Good point. And since the trump administration’s messaging was in stark contrast with the country’s own intelligence reports and objective reality, perhaps they can be sued, too. One can dream, anyways. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 9:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Good point. And since the trump administration’s messaging was in stark contrast with the country’s own intelligence reports and objective reality, perhaps they can be sued, too. One can dream, anyways. 8)

The problem there is that intelligence reports are not "official guidelines", but part of the information around which the guidelines are produced. Similarly "objective reality" would, at least for some of the time, be based on what the Chinese government wished the world (and their citizens) to hear...And what the WHO therefore published.

The problem here is that it is likely that the US president would have placed less weight on intelligence reports than some may consider (with hindsight) to be prudent, but that needs to also be weighed against this same intelligence service's past record of actions regarding the President. As far as I have seen reported, they haven't exactly been doing their best (at least in part) to be impartial.

With regards to the WHO: They currently report China as doing a good job to combat the virus, based on numbers released from the Chinese government, while at the same time the Chinese government are not reporting using the same metrics (recommended by the WHO) as every other country (I don't even know if there are "inspectors"/non-Chinese media within China who can even attempt to verify the numbers supplied), so how much weight should be placed on this source?

At this point, I'd suggest that it was the Chinese governemnt who bear the highest degree of blame for the virus, with that of the USA being much further down the list.

While it may be easy to fault the US President's words/actions (MUCH easier for some than for others), it is also worth considering that he comes from a different background to most politicians (it's amazing how many people complain about politicians, then complain about someone who is not a politician replacing one of them), and so hasn't had the training (indoctorination) regarding how he "should" communicate nor how the political system "should" work.

One might even suggest he is bringing in a Barrack Obama approach: "hope" for the blue collar workers who voted for him, and "change" regarding the way the President (and potentially sections of the government) operates...

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2020, 11:41 pm

How tF can you defend how this guy has been acting as if it’s just because he isn’t a career politician?

Dismissing Coronavirus as a partisan hoax? Making his press briefings about his TV ratings? Guy’s less than a hack. He’s a total fraud/conman that shouldn’t be in that job.