Why would this be a deal breaker?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 4:12 am

Jamesy wrote:
Why would having a monotone voice and lack of facial expressions be a big deal breaker when it comes to a guy on the spectrum trying to attract women?

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Keanu Reeves.

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 4:55 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Why would having a monotone voice and lack of facial expressions be a big deal breaker when it comes to a guy on the spectrum trying to attract women?

It doesn't seem to be a problem for Keanu Reeves.

Keanu Reeves does not have a monotone voice. He has a calm voice. He also does not lack facial expression. He just does not use it in an exaggerated way like many of the more extroverted celebrities do. But you will meet many people in real life whose facial expressions are not much more pronounced than his (depending on where you live probably, as people's expressiveness varies with region). He gesticulates quite a bit when he speaks too.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2020, 3:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How would you like a monotone voice and a lack of facial expression in a woman?

I actually find that attractive and preferable to very expressive womyn.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Apr 2020, 9:52 pm

starkid wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
How would you like a monotone voice and a lack of facial expression in a woman?

I actually find that attractive and preferable to very expressive womyn.
I think we're in the minority & us liking that is probably related to us being on the spectrum ourselves. As the saying goes~ "Birds of a feather flock together".

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 7:09 pm

Jamesy wrote:

I dunno, but I've been made fun of for my monotone voice and lack of expression.
I don't think it's a "deal breaker" but I think people get uncomfortable when they don't know how to react to it.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

LunaticCentruroides
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2020, 3:39 am

In my experience with men that have a monotone voice and lack of facial expressions comes off as cold in a way, that I feel like this person has zero interest in me. I can't connect with that person in any emotional way. And women need emotional connections.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 8:27 am

Jamesy wrote:
Because it makes the person seem dull, boring, disengaged from his surroundings, and completely uninteresting.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 9:00 am

I would so be into a chick with a monotone voice.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

28 May 2020, 10:01 am

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Because it makes the person seem dull, boring, disengaged from his surroundings, and completely uninteresting.
That's definetly me but I like women who are more like myself. I don't have a monotone voice or lack of facial expression but people tend to miseread me like thinking i'm mad when i'm happy or amused when things are sad & i'm sure that's just as unattractive if not more so.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2020, 10:06 am

nick007 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
That's definetly me but I like women who are more like myself. I don't have a monotone voice or lack of facial expression but people tend to miseread me like thinking i'm mad when i'm happy or amused when things are sad & i'm sure that's just as unattractive if not more so.
File that under "Inappropriate Emotional Response", like smiling at a funeral or crying at a wedding.  Come to think of it, if a person's emotional expressions could be thought of as "Gender Inappropriate", then they too could be considered unattractive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.