Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tw1ggy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2020, 12:21 pm

TelecasterPlayer wrote:
Hi, I'm new here! I can relate - I'm turning 29 soon and am wondering where the time has gone. I'm dreading turning 30 next year. I think it's because I'm way behind a lot of my peers regarding career progression and just life in general (because of autism I suppose). I feel like I've developed with about a ten year lag behind everyone else. I find it's a bit of a paradox with my autism - on the one hand I've done stressful jobs that NT friends have said they wouldn't have been able to do but on the other hand I'm still quite dependent on my parents for support (just as much as when I was in my late teens really) and still live at home. I have lived away from home but always with other people and often in places which sorted out a lot of stuff for you (bills all included etc.). The one time I was living alone in a flat in my early 20s it was a bit of a disaster really and couldn't really cope. I also don't feel as mature/grown up as I should really. I am starting to question whether I'll ever truly be able to be a proper adult or whether I'll always have issues.

Wow, that pretty much sums up everything I went through growing up!

TelecasterPlayer
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Apr 2020, 2:51 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
^What kind of stressful jobs have you done before? Yes it can be rather a challenge to live on one's own as there are things to remember, but when I was working I was very seldom at home as I spent most weekends running marathons or on mountain hikes.

I'm sure you'll be OK. Welcome to WP!

Thanks! I've worked in teaching/education mainly. Yeah, I try to get out of the house as much as possible and keep busy (not easy currently!).

Tw1ggy wrote:
Wow, that pretty much sums up everything I went through growing up!

It's nice to know that I'm not alone!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Apr 2020, 2:51 am

That's a very important sector of society and not for everyone. I wish you the best as we seek to rebuild after this difficult time. life feels as if it's on hold for the next available operator!

I'm keeping busy listening to many hours of downloaded music, watching lots of videos, movies, shows and documentaries, playing online Scrabble, writing and a few other things.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

TelecasterPlayer
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2020, 9:44 am

envirozentinel wrote:
That's a very important sector of society and not for everyone. I wish you the best as we seek to rebuild after this difficult time. life feels as if it's on hold for the next available operator!

I'm keeping busy listening to many hours of downloaded music, watching lots of videos, movies, shows and documentaries, playing online Scrabble, writing and a few other things.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm trying to keep busy as well. I'm trying to plan some fun stuff for next year as well so I don't feel bad about turning 30.

martianprincess
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2020, 10:04 am

I just turned 30, and I'm having a fantastic time! Aside from my back hurting and ankles sometimes achey and not willing to work properly! Haha. :P But my life is FINALLY starting to come together. I feel like I'm at least 10 years behind my peers, if that makes sense. But I'm accepting that. I am more accepting of myself and who I am, and I have no self-loathing these days. It feels good to be free of it. I have a lot to look forward to, despite all of the setbacks so far.

I like wild orchids and neighbors with wide orbits

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2020, 2:05 pm

I'll be 30 next week. I don't know where the last decade has gone. But I don't want to turn 30. I want to be in my 20s forever. If this next decade goes as quick as the last, then I'll be 40 in a blink of an eye, and they say time goes quicker the older you get.

I remember last year when my cousin turned 30 someone jokingly said "you're a proper adult now". So I think people in their 20s are lucky because they're adult enough to do what they want but young enough to get away with still being a bit naive, experimenting, living it up, even acting like teenagers. Like my boyfriend's nephew is 30 and does weed and everybody criticises him and says he's "too old" to do drugs, but his 23-year-old niece does weed too and people are like "oh dear, silly little girl."

30 just feels like an age where you have to have your life in order, and if you don't, people think there is something wrong with you.

Mouka
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2020, 11:37 pm

Tw1ggy wrote:
At least I found a fun hobby in tarot. :)

It was around my late 20s when I started looking into tarot cards :heart: Every time I'm at the bookstore or browsing Amazon, I always wind up finding another deck to buy. Honestly, I think I just enjoy collecting them more than reading with them. There are 20+ decks in my collection so far, but there's only one that really "speaks" to me and gives me pretty straight answers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 May 2020, 7:21 am

Mouka wrote:
Tw1ggy wrote:

It was around my late 20s when I started looking into tarot cards :heart: Every time I'm at the bookstore or browsing Amazon, I always wind up finding another deck to buy. Honestly, I think I just enjoy collecting them more than reading with them. There are 20+ decks in my collection so far, but there's only one that really "speaks" to me and gives me pretty straight answers.
My girlfriend got into them a couple years ago. She mostly collects the 1s with pretty pictures. She has used some a little but her using them was more due to her having them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Mouka

03 May 2020, 5:46 am

nick007 wrote:
Mouka wrote:
Tw1ggy wrote:

My girlfriend got into them a couple years ago. She mostly collects the 1s with pretty pictures. She has used some a little but her using them was more due to her having them.

I'm the same way, I always buy my decks based on how nice I find the artwork :D I've never bothered buying some of the decks that tarot enthusiasts call "quintessential decks" solely because I don't like the art.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2020, 3:36 pm

30 is old....59 is young :P

Starlight2001

20 May 2020, 9:48 pm

@TelecasterPlayer I read what you said and I can relate to it. I'm 31 and I feel I have a ten-year lag as well. I've lived by myself for three years now (other than college) but I've never had a job or a relationship and I feel like my experiences and achievements are 10 years behind everyone else's. I'm hoping advances in medical technology will increase lifespan enough in my lifetime to give me those 10 years back at the end.