Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 5:16 am

US intelligence agencies are receiving information that North Korean leader Kim Jung Un is in grave danger after undergoing surgery,CNN reported monday.

The reclusive leader missed the celebration of his grandfather's birthday,the nation's founder,Kim ll Sung,on april 15th.

Un's health has deteriorated due to heavy smoking,obesity and overwork.

This information in tentitive and China and South Korea have cast doubt on Un's bad health rumours,but the intelligence is to serious to overlook

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 5:49 am

Guardian report it was heart surgery: which is credible given his build, although he’s a bit on the young side.
They also state that both NK and PRC media are insisting that he is in good health and there is no possibility of that changing.

We may get to see a succession crisis in the Hermit Kingdom.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 6:16 am

Karamazov wrote:
Guardian report it was heart surgery: which is credible given his build, although he’s a bit on the young side.
They also state that both NK and PRC media are insisting that he is in good health and there is no possibility of that changing.

I heard it suggested that his sister might take over if need be.
I hope she has a different haircut.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 6:19 am

Karamazov wrote:

It's all based on intelligence at this point,nothing is really substantiated,South Korea also denies there's a problem.More credible news sources like Reuters are avoiding conclusions at this point.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 6:21 am

Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Maybe that's what the surgery was,was a haircut,LOL :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 6:22 am

Hmm... we might be headed for some real life bloody palace intrigue ala "I Cladius" or "Game of Thrones". Might be entertaining.

FYI

In the Far East names work the opposite from how they work here in the West. The family name comes first, and the person's given name is last. "Kim Jong Un" is like "Trump J. Donald".

So...don't refer to him as "Un". Refer to him as "Kim". The "Kim" part is the equivalent of "Biden", or "Trump".

Call him a fat ugly pig with bad hair and a mass murderer, but....say his name right! :mrgreen:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 6:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Hmm... we might be headed for some real life bloody palace intrigue ala "I Cladius" or "Game of Thrones". Might be entertaining.

FYI

In the Far East names work the opposite from how they work here in the West. The family name comes first, and the person's given name is last. "Kim Jong Un" is like "Trump J. Donald".

So...don't refer to him as "Un". Refer to him as "Kim". The "Kim" part is the equivalent of "Biden", or "Trump".

Call him a fat ugly pig with bad hair and a mass murderer, but....say his name right! :mrgreen:
Yes this is true,but if you use Kim,it could be confused with his father il or Sung the grandfather,who are more famous,Kim is a dynastic name,Un separates the three.

In England you say,Elizabeth ll or George VI not "Windsor"

Even if NK calls themselves a Republic there not really,Iran calls themselves a Republic but there really a Caliphate.

Last edited by vermontsavant on 21 Apr 2020, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 6:34 am

vermontsavant wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

It's all based on intelligence at this point,nothing is really substantiated,South Korea also denies there's a problem.More credible news sources like Reuters are avoiding conclusions at this point.

The conclusion was mine. :wink:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 7:39 am

vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

FYI

Yes this is true,but if you use Kim,it could be confused with his father il or Sung the grandfather,who are more famous,Kim is a dynastic name,Un separates the three.

Even if NK calls themselves a Republic there not really,Iran calls themselves a Republic but there really a Caliphate.

You didn't finnish your own thought. When you said "NK calls themselves a Republic, but.." you forgot to drop the other shoe and say "but they are actually a hereditary absolute monarchy. Just like the dynastic kings and emperors of old".

Well...if you're talking about the whole sweep of North Korean history then you hafta to distinguish which of the three Kims you're talking about at a given moment. Like you you haft specify whether you mean "W", or "HW", when you say "President Bush". But if you're talking current events then there is only ONE Kim who is alive, and in power, at the moment. So you don't hafta specify which Kim is making news at the moment in a thread like this. Though that could change if his sister takes over, temporarily, or permanently. Then we would have two contemporary Kims to keep straight. Kinda like how you hafta specify "Bill", or "Hillary". :lol:

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 7:51 am

naturalplastic wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

FYI

You didn't finnish your own thought. When you said "NK calls themselves a Republic, but.." you forgot to drop the other shoe and say "but they are actually a hereditary absolute monarchy. Just like the dynastic kings and emperors of old".

Well...if you're talking about the whole sweep of North Korean history then you hafta to distinguish which of the three Kims you're talking about at a given moment. Like you you haft specify whether you mean "W", or "HW", when you say "President Bush". But if you're talking current events then there is only ONE Kim who is alive, and in power, at the moment. So you don't hafta specify which Kim is making news at the moment in a thread like this. Though that could change if his sister takes over, temporarily, or permanently. Then we would have two contemporary Kims to keep straight. Kinda like how you hafta specify "Bill", or "Hillary". :lol:
I would call North Korea a "dynastic dictatorship",you don't have to be a democracy to be a republic,I would call China a legit republic because the head of state is appointed,which fits the dictionaries definition of a republic.I wouldn't compare NK with the King's or Emperors of old,NK is a new invention,something other worldly,but not a republic.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 7:54 am

Pepe wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

It appears that the Imperial Sister favours a relatively normal and unmockable ‘do:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 8:10 am

vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

FYI

I would call North Korea a "dynastic dictatorship",you don't have to be a democracy to be a republic,I would call China a legit republic because the head of state is appointed,which fits the dictionaries definition of a republic.I wouldn't compare NK with the King's or Emperors of old,NK is a new invention,something other worldly,but not a republic.

Monarchs inherit the throne. That's the defining feature of monarchy. The last two Kims both inherited the throne. Ergo NK is a monarchy. And not the newfangled "Constitutional Monarchy" kind they have in Japan, Netherlands, and the UK. But the old fashioned real deal. Like Louis the 14th, or like Kublai Khan, or the pharaohs of Egypt. Nothin new about it.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 8:15 am

^ I’m with you there: it’s an absolute monarchy which happens to use republican terminology and a blend of communist & nationalist propaganda.
Think China is heading towards being a personal despotism at present though...

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 8:23 am

Gets even weirder when he's also supposed to be the reincarnation of his grandfather, the Eternal President Kim Il Sung.

"Yes, I inherited my title from my father who inherited it from me in a previous life"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 8:29 am

Y'know ... I would never wish death upon someone ... but in Kim Jung Un's case, I would approve of a funeral...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2020, 8:31 am

North Korea could be fairly called an other wordly new age type monarchy,it's something the world has never seen before,and hopefully never again.