Page 2 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 1:19 pm

Creepy Uncle Joe chooses an all women shortlist.

This is blatant sexism.

vermontsavant wrote:
He would be wise to choose a racial minority at this point in time.

He should be choosing the best person for the job of running the United States if he croaks.

The most powerful position in the World should not be a diversity hire.

This is irresponsibility of the highest order.

But I'll be somewhat surprised if he doesn't add blatant racism to blatant sexism in choosing his VP. Because it's all about those diversity and victim points in the insane PC World of Democrat politics.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 1:50 pm

Drake wrote:
But I'll be somewhat surprised if he doesn't add blatant racism to blatant sexism in choosing his VP. Because it's all about those diversity and victim points in the insane PC World of Democrat politics.

Which tells me you don't have a dog in this fight so not sure why you care one way or the other.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 2:02 pm

Drake wrote:

This is blatant sexism.

vermontsavant wrote:
He would be wise to choose a racial minority at this point in time.

He should be choosing the best person for the job of running the United States if he croaks.

The most powerful position in the World should not be a diversity hire.

This is irresponsibility of the highest order.

I meant what would get him elected,not what is best for the country,I doubt I'll vote for Biden anyway

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Jun 2020, 2:42 pm

The notion that there is one “best possible candidate” is complete fiction.

Also complete fiction that VP candidates have ever been about selecting the second best person for the Presidency. Look at some of the absolute clowns who have been selected in the past and the stronger candidates who were passed on because the candidate didn’t like them, or the candidate thought they had to appeal to a different wing of the party, or the candidate wanted someone from a particular swing state, or had a weakness in their personality that they thought the VP should cover.

Basically you can choose someone good enough or you can s**t the bed, and you can even appoint someone who isn’t good enough and get away with it (Agnew, Quayle).

Warren is very qualified but she’s also quite far left. But then Walter Mondale was by all accounts a very good VP despite being a terrible presidential candidate.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 2:44 pm

Biden wasn’t a bad VP.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 4:56 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Also complete fiction that VP candidates have ever been about selecting the second best person for the Presidency. Look at some of the absolute clowns who have been selected in the past and the stronger candidates who were passed on because the candidate didn’t like them, or the candidate thought they had to appeal to a different wing of the party, or the candidate wanted someone from a particular swing state, or had a weakness in their personality that they thought the VP should cover.

Basically you can choose someone good enough or you can s**t the bed, and you can even appoint someone who isn’t good enough and get away with it (Agnew, Quayle).

Warren is very qualified but she’s also quite far left. But then Walter Mondale was by all accounts a very good VP despite being a terrible presidential candidate.

I don't know what you mean by the first line.

And the idea you're not choosing the best possible VP is nonsensical to me. I can understand choosing someone to try and boost your vote share as opposed to be the best if you're not there anymore, someone lower down the totem pole but who you still think would be capable of taking over if it came to it, but choosing a clown tells me you have no respect for the position you're trying to attain. I'm not American, but if I was, when McCain picked Palin, he would have instantly reduced his chance of getting my vote to 0. Can you imagine that bimbo as US president? I have no idea why he picked her. She didn't seem to offer anything.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2020, 10:53 pm

The_Walrus wrote:

Invoking Spiro Agnew,you know your history, I wasn't even alive when he was VP.

I remember the Walter Mondale Geraldine Ferraro ticket,that was doomed from the beginning LOL.

Bad Orange Man
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2020, 9:19 am

vermontsavant wrote:
He would be a fool to pick Klobuchar because when she was a Hennapin county prosecutor,she declined to prosecute Derek Chauvin.This will come out before the election and it will sink Biden because a Vice President is critical with a President Biden's age.
Demmings probably did something like too in Orlando, so she's out.

Last edited by Bad Orange Man on 07 Jun 2020, 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bad Orange Man
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2020, 9:26 am

Drake wrote:
He should be choosing the best person for the job of running the United States if he croaks
In theory that is absolutely true. But in reality: "The Vice Presidency Ain't Worth A Bucket Of Warm Piss" - Lynden B. Johnson.

Bad Orange Man
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2020, 9:40 am

The_Walrus wrote:

Of those eight candidates, three are white, five are black, and one is Asian (counting Harris as both black and Asian).
He should choose Rue Paul. That way he can get male, female, black, transgender and maybe gay all in one. :lol: Of course Rue Paul is actually a transvestite, not transgender, but that's good enough for you liberals.

Rue Paul can also claim to be 1/1000th Native American. Then you can add that to the pile. :lol:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 9:53 am

Bad Orange Man wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Of those eight candidates, three are white, five are black, and one is Asian (counting Harris as both black and Asian).
He should choose Rue Paul. That way he can get male, female, black, transgender and maybe gay all in one. :lol: Of course Rue Paul is actually a transvestite, not transgender, but that's good enough for you liberals.

Rue Paul can also claim to be 1/1000th Native American. Then you can add that to the pile. :lol:

It's Rupaul, and he's gay. He is not transgendered or a transvestite.

Try harder.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Bad Orange Man
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2020, 10:14 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Bad Orange Man wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Try harder.
He's a drag queen(drag queen=transvestite). You try harder.

And I was actually leaning towards him not being gay. I thought his transvestiteness was making him seem gay.

Bad Orange Man
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2020, 10:26 am

Since Sleepy Joe is gonna need to pick someone as far left as Bernie Sanders to coax in his voters, anyone who doesn't meet that criteria is also out. They all meet it as far as I'm concerned. But I'm not in the vet squad.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 10:32 am

Bad Orange Man wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Bad Orange Man wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:

Try harder.
He's a drag queen(drag queen=transvestite). You try harder.

And I was actually leaning towards him not being gay. I thought his transvestiteness was making him seem gay.

Being a dragqueen isn't the same as being a transvestite.

But I'm betting on this being a sock puppet account, so I'll just sit here and amuse myself until you implode.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 10:54 am

Drake wrote:

This is blatant sexism.

The choice is all about picking the best VP candidate to help you win the general election. This usually involves picking a candidate that makes up for your weaknesses. As an old, somewhat out of touch man a women is the best candidate to make up for his weaknesses. It will also make some of those more progressive then him less likely to sit this one out.

With tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people demonstrating in the streets picking a black candidate seems like a must. But the demonstrators are not necessarily voters, a percentage of demonstrators either will stay home or were going to vote for Biden no matter what. The question for Biden is will picking a black women gain him more progressive voters who would have stayed home to outweigh voters he will lose because he picked a black in the swing states.

If the above sounds like identity politics that is because it is. It is also how politics has been done since time immemorial. When your mayor marches in the St. Patrick’s Day parade that is what is happaning.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2020, 11:28 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

Being a dragqueen isn't the same as being a transvestite.

But I'm betting on this being a sock puppet account, so I'll just sit here and amuse myself until you implode.
The dictionary defines a dragqueen as someone who cross dresses for entertainment,a transvestite for personal pleasure.

Over so many years the terms have been used interchangeable by so many people that in 2020 colloquial English,the difference is a samantic hyper technicality.Maybe 1 percent of the population knows the difference.