Does having male friends help you get dates

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Whats the *main* reason male friends correlate with dating success
If your social skills suck it would ruin your male and female friendships "in parallel" 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
When woman sees the guy has male friends she knows he isn't just after puzzy 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
When guy has male friends the woman knows he is well liked 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Male friends would introduce you to female friends 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
Actually there is no correlation 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 8:34 pm

I have lots of male friends and none of them helped me get dates.

Correction: I have lots of online male friends, and I'm on good terms with my brother's friends although I don't really see them or talk to them except at family gatherings. My best friend is a man but I only see him a couple of times a year.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 8:43 pm

I love belko61 wrote:
And don't assume rejection within your field or uni. Most women in math and science are at least a little nonconformist. Maybe they just never thought of going out with you before, and by asking they can contemplate it and maybe agree. Leave it open ended and don't demand a yes or no answer right there, then bring it up again with a specific event to go to. If not an actual date at least an "I'll see you there" and make a point to attend and say hi. You can't go out with your students but text someone else you know and ask what they think about the situation with classes or similar. If she responds text again, and so on.

Maybe you just don't understand just how much people seem to avoid me. In majority of cases, nobody even says hi to me. Now, in "good days", when I am lucky, some people might. But they wouldn't say anything beyond hi. That is clearly not your son's situation. From what you said it sounds like he had plenty of friends. I doubt he ever cold-approach any girls he never spoke to before, did he?

I love belko61 wrote:
You've done it before, you can do it again.

I done that on dating sites, not in person. In dating sites, I know thats what they are there for. Plus, the anonymity of the internet makes me feel safe.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:15 pm

Ages ago I was monotone and rarely smiled - I changed. My son made friends but it was mostly based on common interests and information sharing. It's only the last few years that he made a point to maintain any relationships at all. He understood how it affected his career, and how social skills exponentially improved with practice. The practice made all areas of his life a lot easier. At first it was forced but now it's more natural - he changed too. No quick solutions.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:22 pm

I love belko61 wrote:
Ages ago I was monotone and rarely smiled - I changed. My son made friends but it was mostly based on common interests and information sharing. It's only the last few years that he made a point to maintain any relationships at all. He understood how it affected his career, and how social skills exponentially improved with practice. The practice made all areas of his life a lot easier. At first it was forced but now it's more natural - he changed too. No quick solutions.

How am I supposed to get practice if people don't even say hello to me?

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:38 pm

I don't really believe in personality typing but it might help you. I assume you're an INTP - if not take the free test and learn about yourself and how others perceive you, and then read some more and discover why people do what they do. Do some research, watch a video and maybe you'll learn something that will help. You can start here.

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2020, 9:48 pm

I love belko61 wrote:
I don't really believe in personality typing but it might help you. I assume you're an INTP - if not take the free test and learn about yourself and how others perceive you, and then read some more and discover why people do what they do. Do some research, watch a video and maybe you'll learn something that will help. You can start here.

https://www.16personalities.com/intp-personality

I took the test a few times before. Sometimes I got INTP sometimes I got INFP, depends on how I answered the "gray area" questions. I never got anything other than these two though.