Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Uri
Raven
Raven

30 Apr 2020, 5:37 am

Scientists say that there is evidence for evolution.

Humans, like all other life on this planet, evolved from primitive living organisms.

Anyone who says that evolution and Darwinism is false is being extremely dishonest.

Check out this science forum where a leading scientist says that there is undeniable evidence for evolution:

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/yes-ve ... ct.163098/

The fact is that there is no God (never was a God in fact) or anything supernatural in existence and therefore evolution is completely true.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 8:16 am

Uri wrote:

Humans, like all other life on this planet, evolved from primitive living organisms.

Anyone who says that evolution and Darwinism is false is being extremely dishonest.

Check out this science forum where a leading scientist says that there is undeniable evidence for evolution:

The fact is that there is no God (never was a God in fact) or anything supernatural in existence and therefore evolution is completely true.

I feel the need to point out that it is entirely possible to believe in both God and evolution. I've realized that some of my religious beliefs are unusual (I don't really fit into any specific religion), but I have believed in both ever since I first learned about evolution.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 10:53 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Uri wrote:

I feel the need to point out that it is entirely possible to believe in both God and evolution. I've realized that some of my religious beliefs are unusual (I don't really fit into any specific religion), but I have believed in both ever since I first learned about evolution.

Robert T. Bakker would agree with you. I just wish more people knew about him instead of Ken Ham and Kent Hovind. Those two are babbling buffoons.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2020, 6:55 pm

Uri wrote:

Theism =/= creationism

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 3:58 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Uri wrote:

I also believe in a theistic evolution.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 4:09 am

Uri wrote:

This is if one holds western social conformity as the highest good - then in that case there's only two respectable positions, full Abrahamic theism or full reductive materialist atheism because those are the only tribes that culturally matter.

Speaking of the universe and looking out at what we don't know about it though - it's hardly ever fit our stories nor seemed to show much reverence toward whose tribe needed it to be what at what time. It's alien enough that comprehensibility arguments for science and philosophy are generally in increasing poor repute because these are attempts to demand that the universe fit what we can understand as if it were a social creation where consensus made reality. Also the word 'supernatural' seems to only fit pure discharges of anthropology and inherited myth, ie. if someone was raised to believe in something because their culture taught them to then one can say that they believe in the supernatural. If someone encounters something that throws a ripple in physics as we think of it or runs into consciousness doing something it's not supposed to be able to do - we're really better off not calling that supernatural because clearly if it were supernatural it couldn't happen.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 May 2020, 4:51 am

You come out from atheism to "prove" evolution.
That's backwards.
Atheism is a belief. Scientific method fundamentally has no tools to tackle the topic of God, meaning of life and so on.
Scientific method has tools to explore history of the Earth and species. The conclusion is, literal interpretation of Genesis is in disagreement with what science reconstructs.
All further claims about existence or nonexistence of divine beings are philosophy, not science.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 7:03 am

By Very Nature
'Old Testament'
Ways of Life
Refuse
to
Evolve;
Stays in the
Cave; the Other
Side of Human Nature;
Painting the Same Old
Dam Science of Art too;
Smiles; it should be No
Surprise that 'Old Testament
Christians' Refuse to Believe in Evolution;
Or Any Other 'Old Testament Way of Life'.
Some Folks Dance And Others Don't Use
that Epigenetic potential to Evolve in one Life;
What Happened in the Past is rather Moot for Dancing Now.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 8:15 am

If evolution is true, how does that prove there is no god?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2020, 10:51 pm

I did post a video earlier which covers the Durkheim / Darwin connection, ie. the social and evolutionary utility of religion and religious beliefs when they're being socially selected for. At the same time such things are human tools and they say nothing about ultimates.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin