Anyone else having worse Insomnia during this time...?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2020, 6:07 am

Like uhh I have made it a goal to get up earlier but now ite 4:30 am I am sure at some point I will have to grab an hour or two of sleep. But its hard to avoid because IDk if it is anxiety due to the virus or what but every time I do actually get to sleep I just have bad dreams that make me feel even more exhausted when I wake up. So it creates a vicious cyle of me staying up as much as I possibly can, losing sleep which apparently you cannot actually catch up on sleep in your brain and then after a time I have to go to bed early and then still cannot sleep.

Today it was allergy congestion being annoying that got me out of bed, I was sick of laying there just listening to my congested breathing so I had to get up cause I couldn't lay in bed like that anymore. The congestion is probably just allergies I took my temperture twice today and if anything it was a little low(97 degrees fahrenheit. which I have read 98.0 or under is no fever] so I don't think I have corona granted I have been worried but actually thinking about it I have tended to have some allergy symtoms in the spring even since I was a kid so I figure the congestion stuff going on now is related to that. But even so I will probably still scedule a doctors appointment soon so they can take a look because I have had ongiong congestion for like years and so IDk maybe the/d have a recomendation of what I should do for it. Like this morning I woke up and was all congested I drank some tea with honey and took a shower while leaving on the hot water for a bit when I got out to breath in some of the steam and that helped for temporary relief but it keeps coming back so I should probably go to a doctor and have them take a look at things. Like it is consistant kind of congestion and I have been dealing with it for like 7 years. It is always worst in the morning like my throat feels kind of raw and I have breathing like I almost picture two tubes in my throat which one of them doesn't get the air I need so some mornings I wake up and feel like I sound like a balloon just weezing and coughing a bit till i get fully awake and make a cup of hot tea with honey and that usually helps quite a bit. But still its just concerning I wake up with congestion and usually have to sometimes beat my chest like a gorilla or something when I am coughing to help release the mucus making the congestion. And its just so annoying...like i can breath fine, I am getting enough air just allergy crap messes it up. LIke since hearing of all the corona s**t it makes me paranoid even though all the symtoms I get are well if I look back on my history of getting allergies and such so its nothing new just with the pandemic anytime I feel a little sick I have to take my temperature to see if I have a fever or not, and so far my tempature is normal just getting sick of the congested breathing I have in the morning. IDK if its just allergies, if its toxins in the air or what but I have had some kind of chronic congestion for like years and it sucks.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Near the trees and fields on a hill near the sea not far from beaches, harbours and castles on the Welsh coastline in the British Isles in the U.K. You know, that place next to Europe?.

23 May 2020, 9:43 am

Trying to find things to relax with and shut out the outside world for a while may help. I mean as in just doing some hobby to relax with. Something to keep your mind focussed on.
For example model railways. I have been making little things like this. (Actually it is the only waggon I have made recently but I show it as an example).

Anything constructive you can focus on to block out the crazy times we are in helps.

Neurodiverse 173/200. Neurotypical 21/200. Empathy 11/80. AQ 39.