Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 2:03 pm

I’ve been struggling. I lost 20 or 30 pounds and felt very healthy for a while. I tried punching my upper abdomen in hopes I would vomit my food but no luck. The weight I lost weight was natural weight loss. Diet and exercise. I know people who have lost weight before with diet and exercise and in my case I can’t get below 220. No matter how hard I try.

I’ve been on various antipsychotics and had to take Depakote for a bit. My metabolism has been permanently damaged. My doctors side with me on that and I’ve worked my butt off to get down from a size 24 to a size 20 and I’m not good enough for other people but my doctors are proud of my progress.

I want to tell my psychiatrist and therapist this so badly. I’m worried though that I’ll be hospitalized or put on a new medication.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 2:04 pm

Yes Z, please tell your therapist.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 2:10 pm

I don’t think they would hospitalize you.

Yes, you should tell your therapist this.

You lost 30 pounds the “right way”—why would you punch yourself to vomit?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 2:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t think they would hospitalize you.

Yes, you should tell your therapist this.

You lost 30 pounds the “right way”—why would you punch yourself to vomit?

I’m not losing weight fast enough. It took me a year for me to lose 30 pounds.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 2:19 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
I’m not losing weight fast enough.  It took me a year for me to lose 30 pounds.

My doctor told me that losing more than a pound every two weeks (for a man my age and state of health) was too risky.  That means I should lose only about 26 pounds in a year's time.

You're way ahead of me!  I think you're doing fine.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 2:20 pm

I understand that. Very well. I vomit, too.

But I would seek to continue to lose the weight the “right way.” Do you take long walks?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 6:05 pm

You should probably tell your therapist. Forcing yourself to vomit, by punching yourself or not, isn't a healthy habit to want to develop. You can damage your teeth via stomach acid and cause other issues doing so. I also really don't think they'd hospitalize you unless you said you were punching yourself to cause actual injury, and I don't think there's any medication that you could possibly be prescribed to stop you from making yourself vomit.

What are you doing to diet? Are you counting calories? I've noticed people often say they don't lose a proper amount of weight or hit a point where they stop losing when they just try changing what they eat, and that they have to actually keep track of calories to do so.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2020, 6:17 pm

If you can't lose any more weight with exercise and diet, try seeing a nutritionist or dietician. They can help you determine whether there is something wrong with what you are eating.