Minneapolis cop with knee on neck of motionless, moaning man

Page 41 of 41 [ 646 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Fleenix
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 Jun 2020, 4:10 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Whew! My humor sense is not good. Thank you for explaining.

Same here - I read it literally. Whew.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2020, 5:31 pm

George Floyd, ex-cop Derek Chauvin ‘bumped heads’ while working together at nightclub before fatal arrest: report

Quote:
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin had a bad history long before the now-former Minneapolis police officer knelt on Floyd’s neck until he died, according to a former coworker.

The two Minnesota men “bumped heads” at El Nuevo Rodeo, a Minneapolis nightclub where they worked together, David Pinney told CBS News in a report out Wednesday.

“It has a lot to do with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue,” Pinney said, claiming the two men knew each other “pretty well.”

Club owner Maya Santamaria previously told a local TV station that she had paid Chauvin to sit outside in his police car during his off-hours for nearly 17 years. Floyd, she said, worked inside as a security guard.

Santamaria told CBS News that she believed Chauvin was “afraid and intimidated” by black people.

Ben Crump, the attorney representing Floyd’s family, has called for Chauvin’s charges to be upgraded to first-degree murder in light of the two men knowing each other.

Now the pure sadism of Chauvin telling Floyd to get in the car when he had his knee on him and knew damn well he could not makes some sense.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 10:59 am

All this makes me think of “KFC”. Did you know it is no longer called “Kentucky Fried Chicken”? It was rebranded to make the unhealthiness less obvious. Perhaps the same will be done with some of these police departments.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2020, 12:18 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
George Floyd, ex-cop Derek Chauvin ‘bumped heads’ while working together at nightclub before fatal arrest: report
Quote:
George Floyd and Derek Chauvin had a bad history long before the now-former Minneapolis police officer knelt on Floyd’s neck until he died, according to a former coworker.

The two Minnesota men “bumped heads” at El Nuevo Rodeo, a Minneapolis nightclub where they worked together, David Pinney told CBS News in a report out Wednesday.

“It has a lot to do with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue,” Pinney said, claiming the two men knew each other “pretty well.”

Club owner Maya Santamaria previously told a local TV station that she had paid Chauvin to sit outside in his police car during his off-hours for nearly 17 years. Floyd, she said, worked inside as a security guard.

Santamaria told CBS News that she believed Chauvin was “afraid and intimidated” by black people.

Ben Crump, the attorney representing Floyd’s family, has called for Chauvin’s charges to be upgraded to first-degree murder in light of the two men knowing each other.

Now the pure sadism of Chauvin telling Floyd to get in the car when he had his knee on him and knew damn well he could not makes some sense.
They knew each other from a night club Chauvin did security at,this beef started there and escalated to murder on the curbside in Minneapolis.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 9:30 pm

Perhaps if he had not been high as a kite, none of this would have ever happened.

There's a lot to be said for personal responsibility, but far too many in today's world seem to have no concept of such an idea.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2020, 5:18 am

Wow, I started this one.

Well, it looks like George Floyd story is 1) don't do crimes , 2) stay off drugs.

Amazing that the knee-on-neck technique is used to help him breath easier.

Be the hero of your life.