Pokemon games: what's the best/worst?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

therosester
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2020, 3:06 pm

Simple answers for a simple question: what are the best and worst Pokemon games out there? Feel free to include things like Mystery Dungeon, Battle Revolution, Snap.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2020, 2:51 pm

Best in terms of content: Alpha Saphire and Omega Ruby.
Worst: Black & White 2.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 6:32 pm

I've liked all the main series games and Mystery Dungeon games a lot. Conquest was also really good, and I thought the Rangers series was okay, but catching some of the more difficult Pokemon with the capture stylers could be a pain, they blew up my styler so many times....

I didn't care for Trozei/Link and Shuffle, as I just find them frantic and chaotic.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2020, 8:37 pm

I like the Mystery Dungeon ones best. My absolute favorites are Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I have not been impressed with Sun/Moon (except that I promptly became obsessed with Nihilego the moment I first saw it :lol: ) or Sword/Shield, I’m actually debating whether I’ll even continue buying the games when they come out or assume they’ll follow the trend of not being very interesting for me.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

botanical statue
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jun 2020, 4:36 pm

I don't really hate any pokemon game but I found myself frustrated with sword and shield. I really enjoyed the pokemon and region in general but the game was so bare-bones (in my opinion) that it sucked a lot of the fun and immersion out of it.

I am a big fan of the 2nd generation games. Heart gold and soul silvers are solid remakes that improved vastly on an already solid generation.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 8:24 am

I love Geberation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver), and am eagerly awaiting Sinnoh remakes. Gens III and V are great too. The Sinnoh games have the best music of all Pokemon games IMO. There are definitely stand-out tracks in other ganes, like Dragonspiral Tower in Gen V and the Champion battle theme in the Johto games, but the Sinnoh games don’t have a single track I dislike or find boring.

#palestinianlivesmatter

therosester
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jun 2020, 4:15 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I like the Mystery Dungeon ones best. My absolute favorites are Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. I have not been impressed with Sun/Moon (except that I promptly became obsessed with Nihilego the moment I first saw it :lol: ) or Sword/Shield, I’m actually debating whether I’ll even continue buying the games when they come out or assume they’ll follow the trend of not being very interesting for me.

I absolutely agree. Sword and Shield were not the best. Sun and Moon were even more disappointing. They have good features for sure but I feel like the lasting appeal in these games has dwindled over the years.

I've never played any of the Mystery Dungeon games, which one would you recommend for a beginner?

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 4:37 pm

Best: Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon (That I've played)
Worst: Hey, You, Pikachu! (From what I've heard)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 5:25 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:

I’ve got muster dungeon Rescue team for switch it’s fun so far, is thst we you’re talking about?

I liked sword but found it too short
These are my first Pokémon games.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 7:20 pm

sly279 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

I’ve got muster dungeon Rescue team for switch it’s fun so far, is thst we you’re talking about?

That’s the same style of game, but the one for the Switch is a remake of the first Mystery Dungeon games (Red/Blue Rescue Team). Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky came out after those (I think they were the second Mystery Dungeon group to be released, but I might be forgetting one) and are for the 3DS. Same style, but different story and another generation of Pokémon added since Red/Blue Rescue Team.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 7:22 pm

If Ms PacMan were a Pokémon game, I would certainly pick it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 1:23 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
sly279 wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

That’s the same style of game, but the one for the Switch is a remake of the first Mystery Dungeon games (Red/Blue Rescue Team). Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky came out after those (I think they were the second Mystery Dungeon group to be released, but I might be forgetting one) and are for the 3DS. Same style, but different story and another generation of Pokémon added since Red/Blue Rescue Team.

2ds is on sale for $100 as it’s discontinued it I’m worried I wouldn’t play it enough.
Now they all sold out and used ones go for $300.
I’ll just hope they bring more 3ds games to switch
I’m enjoying the rescue dungeon but I hear it gets really hard later in the game.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 10:12 am

^ I too hope more old games will come to Switch. i had very few Wii games and never had Wii U, so I'm glad they ported some games to Switch. I am also very much hoping for a remake of the 3DS game Fantasy Life, which I love so much. I had high hopes for Snack World but I still haven't gotten it and not sure if I will.
I'd love to see a remake of the Away Shuffle Dungeon game, but sadly it wouldn't work on the Switch; it needs 2 screens. It was such a fun and innovative game.

Back on topic:

If I had to go for specific titles, it would probably be a toss up between Ultra Sun/Moon, HeartGold/Soulsilver and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

Explorer of the sky is the best Mystery Dungeon game, but I think they're all good and was very excited about the remake of Red/Blue Rescue Team.

Quote:
Worst: Hey, You, Pikachu! (From what I've heard)

I haven't played it either, but apparently I didn't miss out. And I haven't heard too much good about Pokémon Channel either.

I've played Pokken but I didn't care for it. Just too many button combos for my taste, I had a hard time remembering how to do what and so always lost.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Timid Espeon
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jun 2020, 11:13 am

My favorite Pokemon game is platinum. I really like Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire too. I tried playing super mystery dungeon, just couldn't get into it.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2020, 6:33 pm

Zakatar wrote:
I love Geberation IV (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver), and am eagerly awaiting Sinnoh remakes. Gens III and V are great too. The Sinnoh games have the best music of all Pokemon games IMO. There are definitely stand-out tracks in other ganes, like Dragonspiral Tower in Gen V and the Champion battle theme in the Johto games, but the Sinnoh games don’t have a single track I dislike or find boring.

Ppl have been waiting for D/P remakes since ORAS. I don't think it's gonna happen. My favorite pokemon game is Platinum. Objectively the best is HGSS it has so much content. You can catch most of the LEGENDARY pokemon to date in that game. GB sounds is great plus there's the fact that it has two regions. Only problem i haev with it is. The absurd leap in levels from ELITE 4 to Red like it goes from like mid 60s to 80. I think the games i play the most are B2/W2 HGSS and platinum. But most of the time i'm doing rom hacks or randomizer nuzlockes so. The worst is definitely hey you pikachu. but main series. Probably pokemon FR/LG those games were so dry to me. and Boring. The Poketv mechanics and the help mechanics were stupid. Like Pokemon doesn't hold your hand enough.

roccoslife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2020, 9:14 am

I find it hard to pick a best/worst seeing as they all pretty much play the exact same way and storyline seems like an afterthought in every one ive played.

Fond memories of playing pokemon red on the old monochrome gameboy back in the day tho.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits