Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2020, 11:42 pm

Do Wet One wipes disinfect? I’m asking because I cannot find Clorox Wipes.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 1:39 am

From their website.

Quote:
Are Wet Ones antibacterial hand wipes alcohol based?

Be Fresh, Be Cute, Be Gentle and Be Zingy contain alcohol, but are not alcohol based so they do not dry out skin. Sticky Fingers is alcohol free.

Quote:
Do Wet Ones antibacterial hand wipes kill germs on surfaces?

Wet Ones antibacterial hand wipes are designed to kill bacteria on hands.

Quote:
Do Wet Ones wipes kill viruses, including Coronavirus? Are Wet Ones effective against Coronavirus?

Wet Ones Antibacterial hand wipes have been tested for their ability to kill bacteria. They have not been tested against viruses, including Coronavirus.

Depending on what you're using them for, yes. If you're using them to clean bacteria off of your hands they'd work. The active ingredient (0.3% Benzethonium Chloride) also seems to be found useful against viruses, but the site says the product hasn't been tested for use against them. I don't know if anything in the wipes or about the concentration would prevent it from being effective against viruses.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2020, 1:44 am

Here is a link to Canadian approved sanitizers. It says Wet Ones are ok. (just type "wet" into the little box and it will sort them)

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/disinfectants/covid-19/hand-sanitizer.html#tbl1

questor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2020, 4:05 am

The best way to clean hands is with warm soapy water. Germs, including viruses are killed by the soap, and no you don't need it to be anti-bacterial. The soap itself is a good cleanser. That's why people have used it for centuries. It works into a lather and rinses off better if the water is warm, instead of cold. Any germs that survive the cleansing of the soap tend to get rinsed off, as the soapiness makes it hard for them to stick to your skin.

Using anti-bacterial stuff too often impairs your immunity, by making whatever germs survive the substance be the ones left over to breed new generations, so later germs will be stronger, until eventually the anti-bacterial stuff your using becomes ineffective, while leaving you unprotected anymore.

As for wet wipes, they are designed to clean skin, and will kill germs for the most part. I keep Huggies baby butt wipes around, but also some Wet Wipe brand wipes. I keep the Huggies in the bathroom. They are thicker and bigger than other brands, and do a good job of butt cleaning when needed. They were designed to clean baby butts, but will work just as well on adult butts. I use the Wet Wipes for other, smaller cleanup jobs elsewhere in my home.

# Just remember one very important thing when using any wipes on your butt, including those that falsely claim to be "flushable." NEVER, EVER, FLUSH ANY BUTT WIPE IN THE TOILET!! ! Even those that falsely claim to be flushable are too thick, and won't fall apart the way toilet paper is designed to do, so they WILL all clog your plumbing. This can be very expensive to repair. Why pay a plumber to fix the disaster when you can simply avoid it by not flushing the wipes down the toilet.

It really bugs me that some companies are still falsely claiming their wipes are flushable when they know it's not true. It also bugs me that some people are dumb enough to think that something that sturdy, and that doesn't fall apart easily will actually flush as easily as toilet paper.

Everyone keep safe and well thru this trying time. I am over 60 and have some chronic health issues, so I am in a higher risk category. Fortunately, I've managed to stay home. I have one relative who does my grocery shopping for me about once a week, so my contact with other people is very limited. He also takes immune-boosting supplements, and so do I, so we are both keeping well thru the Covid-19 crisis. I am an introvert, so I like being alone, so I don't go stir crazy being alone all the time. I can also go out on my front and back walkways at my apartment, which also double as patios. One faces north and the other south, so if it's hot I can cool off on the north one, and if it's cool, I can hang out on the south one.

One more thing, sunlight and fresh air kill germs, including Covid-19. The UV rays in sunlight are deadly to germs. There are usually small traces of ozone in fresh air--more right after an electrical storm. I don't go out much, so I recently bought an ionizing ozone generator with a UV light for use in my home. Because too much UV and ozone are also bad for people, you have to leave the room after you turn it on, but it doesn't need to be on very long. My model has three power levels and a timer which I think goes up to 90 minutes. I only use the lowest power setting, and I've only set the timer for 20 or 30 minutes. It does a good job, and is small enough to carry to another room if I want to treat another area. Mostly I just use it in the kitchen and living room area, as they are open to each other, so I can do that whole space all at once. A little of the effects leak past the living room/Hall curtain, but that's okay. I have a large hall which serves as my home office, and the bathroom opens off of it, so a little leakage of the ozone won't do me any harm, and will freshen up the office where I spend most of my time, and the bathroom, which can always do with some freshening up.

AAARRRGGG!! ! Done it again! I have quite a tendency to digress. Sorry about it, but at least I was able to share some helpful info with you all. :D