One year of helpful advice. Thank you Wrong Planet

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Confused_Sloth
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jun 2020, 11:52 am

Well it's been about a year since I found WrongPlanet and I'd like to say thanks for all the help that I've gotten from this site.

I'm not a very social person, though I suppose that goes for most of us, and I don't post here very often. But nonetheless, I've been helped by all the information and conversations that have taken place in this forum.

Every time I think I'm insane, that I'm crazy, that no one understands, I simply reach out to here and find solace.

One example would be when I applied for a CSA/Carts jobs, a customer service attendant plus carting position. My relatives told me that I should've gone for a cashier job at the ShopRite supermarket, I was certain I would not be able to handle the sheer amount of people. They said it wasn't a social job, you just scan things. and they were right, to a point. But I simply searched on this site and found people who did have trouble with the cashier job (granted some said that cashier jobs in slower paced environments were OK.)

So I did get the job offer to become a CSA/Carts attendant, only to find that they want me to bring my social security card and wouldn't accept a passport or driver's license, so now it's been a week and I finally got my social security card. Hopefully the position is still open and I can get in.

Although I do feel reticient, I am still looking for a research technician job and I'd feel bad just leaving in the middle of training if I got another job in the next 2-3 weeks.

Well, anyways thanks for all the help, and I hope this site remains for many years to come.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 63 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)