What are your thoughts on this young lady’s comments?

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 12:20 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Does him not being an upstanding gentleman mean he deserved to be murdered in the street?

Nobody said it was right. But once you have to deal with criminals a lot you'll become a lot harder yourself after enough time. Some people don't care the limits then.
Btw. won't you call her a racist as well for speaking that way? :twisted:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 1:02 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Does him not being an upstanding gentleman mean he deserved to be murdered in the street?

Nobody said it was right. But once you have to deal with criminals a lot you'll become a lot harder yourself after enough time. Some people don't care the limits then.
Btw. won't you call her a racist as well for speaking that way? :twisted:

Haven't I already called her a useful idiot for white supremacists? :?

Your justifications for Chauvin's choice to murder George Floyd don't actually justify his actions and he deserves to rot in prison. I'm sure his friends in general population will deeply enjoy him.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 2:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

That's not the same and to me she seems rather astonishing bright and not at all an idiot.
She is right that all black people have to suffer because of racistic prejudices as long as some of them are more likely to become criminals just because of their cultur. But the culture of people is part of their identity as well and people dislike to give it up. For this the things won't change until the races and cultures have mixed to a point that it is impossible to distinguish them anymore.

ImagineDragons
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2020, 3:00 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
ImagineDragons wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
This video, along with most everything she says, is manipulative rubbish.

She's a token mouthpiece. She uses half-truths and manipulation to drive her propaganda.

She's made a decent living off of nodding in agreement with white supremacists.

Your thoughts on her rant though ?

I agree with the ridiculous idea of making out the guy ( and other similar instances ) was a fine upstanding man and showing illustrations of him wings a halo and wings when he was apparently a nasty , aggressive drug taking bully who’d been in jail 5 times ( imagine how many actual offences and unpleasant things he’d done .

I'm not interested in addressing her rant, she doesn't deserve 15 minutes of my life.

She never , ever , suggested that ... it’s a completely different and arguably just as important question she raises ..

That’s why you have to listen to part of it at least ..

I mentioned her main gripe in a previous post .

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 3:16 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

That's not the same and to me she seems rather astonishing bright and not at all an idiot.
She is right that all black people have to suffer because of racistic prejudices as long as some of them are more likely to become criminals just because of their cultur. But the culture of people is part of their identity as well and people dislike to give it up. For this the things won't change until the races and cultures have mixed to a point that it is impossible to distinguish them anymore.

Clearly you're not familiar with the term 'useful idiot'. It doesn't imply the person lacks intelligence, it means they unwittingly advance causes that they likely would recognize as harmful to their own self-interests and values if they
were presented more directly.

I find Aaron McGruder to be a far more insightful person to pay attention to if you're looking for reasonable criticisms of issues within black American culture. The Boondocks was probably the most insightful satirical cartoon of it's era; and that era includes a number of strong competitors. He doesn't apologize or make excuses or hold back, but he also is wise to the way people with agendas sometimes try to use these criticisms to attack the black community more broadly.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う