Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 9:05 am

Deutschland by Rammstein: An Analysis.

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv Joe Biden! Democracy first!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 9:08 am

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many on the left pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2020, 10:33 am

From rewatching both it stuck me that there’s two scenes he doesn’t mention in his analysis: the band in what looks to me like C17th dress eating Germania’s entrails, and the one of Germania carrying the singers head through a ruined city.

My mind wants to associate these with the Thirty Years War, and the second with the sack of Magdeburg in particular... not certain if that’s what’s intended though.

I was struck again by the transition to the piano coda at the end of the song: simultaneously heartbreaking and rousing. Excellent musical composition.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 7:06 am

Karamazov wrote:
From rewatching both it stuck me that there’s two scenes he doesn’t mention in his analysis: the band in what looks to me like C17th dress eating Germania’s entrails, and the one of Germania carrying the singers head through a ruined city.

My mind wants to associate these with the Thirty Years War, and the second with the sack of Magdeburg in particular... not certain if that’s what’s intended though.

I was struck again by the transition to the piano coda at the end of the song: simultaneously heartbreaking and rousing. Excellent musical composition.

The whole video went over my head,
Like the guy who was decapitated. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 11:58 pm

All I know is that it's one of my favourite songs.

Om Nom 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 12:06 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
All I know is that it's one of my favourite songs.

I think it is pretty good also,
But my favourite song is their anti-fascist one,
"Du Hast".
Damn, is that strong. :wink:

And one more thing,