Page 1 of 12 [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 12:48 pm

i am 30 never had a proper girlfriend or sex. When i go out socially people label me as 'gay' and there have been one or 2 occasions were women try and hook me up with other men.

I will admit i dont often talk to/start conversation with women in social settings because fear of rejection.

Do you think me having aspergers has something to do with me being labeld as a homosexual? Because we dont behave in socially normal ways perhaps?

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 1:32 pm

Probably. People think I'm gay, too.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 1:42 pm

Do you feel sexual attracted to guys? Otherwise no, it's just your behaviour and the same happens to not even few NT guys as well. Don't act to shy. Be nice but never exaggerate or even submissively friendly. Become more demanding then overly friendly asking, e.g. 'just reach the stuff' instead of 'would you be as nice and reach me' .
Don't speak with to high voice just for being friendly. Show more self-confidence instead of a permanent uncertainty. Care about your clothes. Prevent uncertainty in body language. Hit the gym! Don't avoid conflicts to much. Don't prevent eye contact to women and become more open for talking to them. Even if you are gay - a more manly behaviour makes you more attractive for almost any people.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 1:56 pm

quite an extreme wrote:
Do you feel sexual attracted to guys? Otherwise no, it's just your behaviour and the same happens to not even few NT guys as well. Don't act to shy. Be nice but never exaggerate or even submissively friendly. Become more demanding then overly friendly asking, e.g. 'just reach the stuff' instead of 'would you be as nice and reach me' .
Don't speak with to high voice just for being friendly. Show more self-confidence instead of a permanent uncertainty. Care about your clothes. Prevent uncertainty in body language. Hit the gym! Don't avoid conflicts to much. Don't prevent eye contact to women and become more open for talking to them. Even if you are gay - a more manly behaviour makes you more attractive for almost any people.

nope dont feel sexually attacted to guys just girls

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 2:27 pm

Jamesy wrote:
i am 30 never had a proper girlfriend or sex. When i go out socially people label me as 'gay' and there have been one or 2 occasions were women try and hook me up with other men.

I will admit i dont often talk to/start conversation with women in social settings because fear of rejection.

Do you think me having aspergers has something to do with me being labeld as a homosexual? Because we dont behave in socially normal ways perhaps?

I had people who thought I was gay because I only had one male friend at the time and did not start dating until I was in my mid 30's...
People jump to conclusions.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 2:37 pm

It's actually a common (false) assumption when the person is forever single; and never seen in relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:08 pm

That one lady at work said I must be gay since I’ve never had a relationship at 30
She’s now a single pregnant mom at 20ish. Also said women would never date me due to working min wage retail.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:13 pm

How does this lady know you’ve never had a relationship?

And don’t tell me she can see it in your eyes.

The thing to do....is to not advertise your business to every Tom, Jane, and Morgan.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

The thing to do....is to not advertise your business to every Tom, Jane, and Morgan.

She asked and I’m honest person.

Most everyone at work can tell I’m single and never had a relationship and a loser.
Everyone else talks about their relationship or their partner visits. I’m the only one who doesn’t so it’s not rocket science.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:25 pm

You just don’t tell strangers that....it’s none of their business.

And you have had relationships.

I don’t go around telling people I’ve had 30 lovers. People who aren’t nosy don’t ask these sorts of questions.

People probably think I’m virtually a virgin where I work.

When I was in high school, people expressed shock that I had a girlfriend in my senior year. People didn’t think of me as being capable of such a “feat.”

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 3:34 pm

I once wrote a story about a horny teenager in a place called “Hornytown USA.” That got me bullied for three years.

Don’t tell people your business.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 4:09 pm

Kraftie, to be fair, it’s quasi impossible to hide celibacy or any relationship status from people you work with 8 hours every day (and sometimes even hang out with) for a long time.

They will know in one way or another; and aspies often don’t know how to lie or to dodge plenty of questions.

What you’re asking of sly; is not possible in the real world, especially among the younger folks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 4:26 pm

Maybe not “relationship status”—but you can certainly hide your “virginity” or your “celibacy.”

Sly doesn’t want to be pressured into sex. This can be easily converted to “waiting for the right girl.” Sly is a Christian, and can get away with this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 4:38 pm

Virginity can be hidden, not the celibacy tho.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 4:56 pm

I think people just think of me as too young (I’m 27 but look like I’m about 16), or as “mentally handicapped” to the point where I’m off the market (I’m not, but something about me gives people that impression no matter what I do). They probably assume I’ve never had a romantic relationship (which is true) and never will, and that once I’m an adult (which I already am), I’ll spend my life in some sort of care home and essentially be a child for my whole life.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Gentleman Argentum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2020, 5:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

She asked and I’m honest person.

Most everyone at work can tell I’m single and never had a relationship and a loser.
Everyone else talks about their relationship or their partner visits. I’m the only one who doesn’t so it’s not rocket science.

Don't mistake sexual/romantic activity as "success"

Those of us who have had "success" also get the other side of the coin, betrayal.
Right now I am going through divorce, how much of my $$$ net worth gets taken? Over and beyond that which was already stolen out of my home while I was at work?

It's no big thing getting caught up in some relationship, that can bring a lot of problems too. Be happy being single, ain't anything wrong with that, at all.