Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 2:45 am

Pepe wrote:
QFT wrote:
Magna wrote:
I don't know how many Nazis are still alive today.

He was talking about the people that are born and raised today (a lot of them are pretty young) who are wishing Hitler were to win. Look up "American Nazi Party" for example.

Punching the Nazi that "was" alive during World War 2 would be punching the elderly, which would be wrong on so many levels.

I don't think there are any Nazis around, these days.
There are, however, neo-Nazis.

Quote:
The American Nazi Party (ANP) is an American neo-Nazi political party https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Nazi_Party

Technically, you are correct. But, informally, they often abbreviate neo-nazis as nazis. I suspect thats what the OP meant, but he can speak for himself and clarify.

QFT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 2:49 am

goldfish21 wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
You will still get prosecuted,if you don't mind anger management classes and 6 months probation.Why not!

And good luck finding a job with assault charges.

Lol a Nazi killer would be a hero. Probably pretty easy to find a job or build a business. 8)

You think old veterans are respected just for being old? No! They’re respected for killing Nazis. 8)

The veterans didn't break the laws of their own country, thats the difference.

The way to punch a nazi without consequence is to go work as a cop in a country like Germany. Over there they still suppress the free speech so they can put you in jail for supporting a nazi. So if you go work as a cop over there, and somebody else supports nazis, you can go arrest that person and perhaps punch them as you do that. It also depends on whether cops are allowed to punch suspects. This is another good question as it differs country by country.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 5:19 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
You will still get prosecuted,if you don't mind anger management classes and 6 months probation.Why not!

And good luck finding a job with assault charges.
Job application's usually only ask about felonies.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 5:22 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
That is when you tell them you punched a fascist in the face and left a boot imprint on their face for good measure so they give you a high five and hire you on the spot assuming they aren't some fascist sympathizer.

And an assault charge is still an assault charge which means you have a criminal record and you resume goes to the bottom of the stack. I suppose they'll have to apply for a job in Hogwarts or Narnia, what they'll run into in the real world is more in line with what I'm suggesting unless it's an anarchist coffee shop or book store.
Punching someone is a misdomeanor unless it's an vicious attack but one punch to the face is a misdomeanor not a felony and job applications usually only ask about felonies.

My sister is a dispatcher at a state police barracks somewhere in New England(won't say where) and she has a misdomeanor record.Backround checks unless it's some covert high level thing are misdomeanor blind and only check for felonies.So if you can get a job with a state policing organization with a misdomeanor record,you shouldn't have problems elsewhere.

This is not an endorsement of actually punching people,even Nazi's.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 6:02 am

Jobs looks up you on Facebook, sees you gloating about punching some guy, job throws your application in the trash, welcome to 2020 where everything you did is easily found on the internet.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 6:08 am

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 6:09 am

Magna wrote:
I don't know how many Nazis are still alive today. Aside from that I guess it depends on whether or not the "Nazi" is attacking and you're punching in self defense? Then I'd say it's ok. If the "Nazi" is obeying the law and acting peacefully then punching them is just thuggery poorly masquerading in self-righteousness.

This.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 6:21 am

They only ask about felonies. But if the background check reveals a misdemeanor conviction, you probably won’t be hired.

I would only “punch a Nazi” in self-defense, notwithstanding how I feel about Nazis.

The Soviets sacrificed much more.....but they and the US were equal as far as defeating the Nazis were concerned. Hitler blundered when he sought to invade Russia.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 6:33 am

Sure, why not? It stands to reason that every problem in this world can be solved by punching someone :roll:

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 6:36 am

QFT wrote:
The way to punch a nazi without consequence is to go work as a cop in a country like Germany. Over there they still suppress the free speech so they can put you in jail for supporting a nazi. So if you go work as a cop over there, and somebody else supports nazis, you can go arrest that person and perhaps punch them as you do that. It also depends on whether cops are allowed to punch suspects. This is another good question as it differs country by country.

Have you ever even set foot in Germany? You obviously don't have a clue about their laws: German cops are not allowed to "punch Nazis" or suspects :roll: Cops are allowed to use force against people who resist arrest and they are trained to restrain them: punching them would be a very inefficient way of doing it.

Yes, we have hate crime laws in Europe, there are pretty complex reasons for it. It's funny how many people only defend freedom of speech when it comes to bad behaviour :?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:20 am

QFT wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
If we don’t punch them, are we complicit in their actions?

I ask myself same question about antifa(no not really just proving a point)

USA is anti fascist. You’re anti USA now?

:lol:

I resent it when Americans act like they saved the world from Nazis when most of the work was done by Soviets. Soviets lost 20 million soldiers in that war. When I tell that to Americans they can't believe it, but thats true.

You know the REAL victory day? It is May 9, 1945. And May 9 is the regular holiday in Russia that is still being celebrated every year.

Agreed.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:23 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Sure, why not? It stands to reason that every problem in this world can be solved by punching someone :roll:

The movie Roadhouse taught us that every problem in the world can be solved by kicking.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:24 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
It's funny how many people only defend freedom of speech when it comes to bad behaviour

“If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.”
― George Orwell

What sense would it make to stand up for people engaging in behaviour that is already considered good?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:26 am

vermontsavant wrote:
techstepgenr8tion wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
That is when you tell them you punched a fascist in the face and left a boot imprint on their face for good measure so they give you a high five and hire you on the spot assuming they aren't some fascist sympathizer.

And an assault charge is still an assault charge which means you have a criminal record and you resume goes to the bottom of the stack. I suppose they'll have to apply for a job in Hogwarts or Narnia, what they'll run into in the real world is more in line with what I'm suggesting unless it's an anarchist coffee shop or book store.
Punching someone is a misdomeanor unless it's an vicious attack but one punch to the face is a misdomeanor not a felony and job applications usually only ask about felonies.

My sister is a dispatcher at a state police barracks somewhere in New England(won't say where) and she has a misdomeanor record.Backround checks unless it's some covert high level thing are misdomeanor blind and only check for felonies.So if you can get a job with a state policing organization with a misdomeanor record,you shouldn't have problems elsewhere.

This is not an endorsement of actually punching people,even Nazi's.

Here in Australia, we have a "One Punch Law".
I believe it has a mandatory 8 year sentence.

Quote:
One punch assaults, also known as 'king hits' or 'coward punches', have dominated the media in recent years. These terms refer to assaults where a person strikes another in the head and knocks them unconscious, leaving the victim at risk of further head trauma when impacting with the ground. https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... nch+Law%22

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:37 am

OUCH!
That was a metaphorical super punch to antifa. 8O

Wolfram87 wrote:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2020, 7:40 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:

Gandhi would agree with you.
BTW, why the eye-roll? <joke> :mrgreen: