Why Do Trump Supporters Act Like His Election Is Certain?

Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 3:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Because his erection is uncertain.

Sorry guys.

That one’s a bit below the belt.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 3:32 pm

Karamazov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Sorry guys.

Speaking of below the belt...

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 4:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Karamazov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Sorry guys.

Speaking of below the belt...

Nice potty humour :lol:

I take it that’s a sample of US electoral campaign propaganda?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
They do it out of fear of social isolation and disparagement which according to the article has some basis in reality. Also mentioned is the fear of someone filing a complaint against them if they say what they believe.

So we are getting closer to the truth. Why do they think they will be socially isolated and disparaged? after all trump supporters think they are in the majority all the time, so why are they scared :roll:

They might think they are the majority in the country but they don't on college campuses where they actually live. This was true of conservatives 40+ years ago when I went to school. The late 70s after Vietnam and Watergate were not exactly comfortable times to be a conservative on campus. The difference is there was not the PC/cancel culture back then.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 24 Jun 2020, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:36 pm

Karamazov wrote:

Conservative on conservative violence.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 6:58 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
They might think they are the majority in the country but they don't on college campuses where they actually live. This was true of conservatives 40+ years ago when I went to school. The late 70s after Vietnam and Watergate were not exactly comfortable times to be a conservative on campus. The difference is there was not the PC/cancel culture back then.

The students interviewed in the campus reform youtube videos seemed quite emboldened when pressed. But I take your point they were worried about antagonising left wingers, particularly academic staff (although my experience university academics would never be biased against a student based on their beliefs so its an erroneous fear).

I do give the interviewer some credit though when he asked black students on campus about the new building in Atlanta Georgia named after former high court judge Clarence Thomas. All of them enthusiastically agreed the name had to change but when pressed none of them actually knew who Clarence Thomas was (he was appointed during the Reagan administration) so it became clear they were peer pressured to sign a petition and they had no idea what they were signing.

As black college students I would expect them to be a little better informed.

Karamazov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 2:04 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Karamazov wrote:

Conservative on conservative violence.

I thought that was the case from the name of the outfit that produced it.
Tbh I sympathise with them: I’ve had the situation where the leadership of my preferred political party is one that I find morally repugnant and anxiety provoking.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 2:25 am

More reasons why they think Trump will win:

They do not want national healthcare so when Sanders wanted to impose that, conservatives said that would make Trump win again.They assume everyone doesn't want that so they would vote for Trump instead.

They do not believe the people who are doing the riots and the destruction are white supremacists and people who are just using the protest to create trouble and to loot. They think it's the liberals doing it because they are violent and having a tantrums so therefore people will vote for Trump or our whole country will erupt into violence if you let the democrats take over.

People canceling people over their bigotry and racism so they think that will make people vote for Trump again because oh no, the democrats are so intolerant they are too incompetent to run the country.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 3:27 am

Karamazov wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Sorry guys.

Not to mention a little rude to our east Asian members

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 3:49 am

League_Girl wrote:

They do not want national healthcare so when Sanders wanted to impose that, conservatives said that would make Trump win again.They assume everyone doesn't want that so they would vote for Trump instead

Wasn't one of Trump's biggest campaign promises to get a great healthcare system in place?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 1:40 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

They do not want national healthcare so when Sanders wanted to impose that, conservatives said that would make Trump win again.They assume everyone doesn't want that so they would vote for Trump instead

Wasn't one of Trump's biggest campaign promises to get a great healthcare system in place?

I remember Trumpcare but I don't think that ever came in place. But you would still have had to pay for it like you had to with Obamacare or pay a fine.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2020, 1:46 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Biscuitman wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
More reasons why they think Trump will win: They do not want national healthcare so when Sanders wanted to impose that, conservatives said that would make Trump win again.They assume everyone doesn't want that so they would vote for Trump instead
I remember Trumpcare but I don't think that ever came in place. But you would still have had to pay for it like you had to with Obamacare or pay a fine.
The only significant difference was the name on the label.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Brehus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jun 2020, 6:36 pm

I am no fan of Trump but I dislike Biden more If the Dems would have nominated Bernie I would have voted for him over Trump

Democracy is freedom, Communism is tyranny

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 10:52 am

Brehus wrote:
I am no fan of Trump but I dislike Biden more
This is why trump supporters act like his election is certain. Nobody is excited by the prospect of Biden as President. NOBODY.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2020, 10:55 am

Steve1963 wrote:
Brehus wrote:
I am no fan of Trump but I dislike Biden more
This is why trump supporters act like his election is certain. Nobody is excited by the prospect of Biden as President. NOBODY.
While your claim may be debatable, the "Anyone But Trump" crowd may have greater influence..

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.